Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:24 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times

Advertisements

I am sad about the divisions between men and women....

I really like men, I KNOW a lot have been burned, but really, it seems some have so many hangups from the past that they can no longer view a new woman as a potential friend, and they seem jaded so they also see women as "just like the rest of them", and yes, we as women do the same things...

I wish we could all start off with a clean slate, and start thinking about the good things in the opposite gender again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post

I really like men, I KNOW a lot have been burned, but really, it seems some have so many hangups from the past that they can no longer view a new woman as a potential friend, and they seem jaded so they also see women as "just like the rest of them", and yes, we as women do the same things...

I wish we could all start off with a clean slate, and start thinking about the good things in the opposite gender again.
I think some of it has been fueled by the internet. People can get online, cyber "date", look for potential partners, join support groups or forums, swap stories with others around the world, bitterness spreads, and it just feeds on itself. So now things are being accepted as "normal" when it's all just pop-psychology fed to us in a different way, to a much broader audience, and across all language barriers.

I don't see this bitterness with any of my friends that don't go online regularly. And I have never heard any of my offline male friends refer to being an "alpha" or "beta" man. Or any of my friends saying "I'm an ENTJ, but my husband/wife/SO is an INFP. I don't think we're compatible!"

What happened to the good old days when Men were From Mars and Women were from Venus, Oprah preached to the bored SAHM (yes, that was me), and men had meetings in the woods, naked, playing drums?

Edit: wow, that stuff still happens.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
It helps to be honest and consistent first with yourself, then with your relationships.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I think some of it has been fueled by the internet. People can get online, cyber "date", look for potential partners, join support groups or forums, swap stories with others around the world, bitterness spreads, and it just feeds on itself. So now things are being accepted as "normal" when it's all just pop-psychology fed to us in a different way, to a much broader audience, and across all language barriers.

I don't see this bitterness with any of my friends that don't go online regularly. And I have never heard any of my offline male friends refer to being an "alpha" or "beta" man. Or any of my friends saying "I'm an ENTJ, but my husband/wife/SO is an INFP. I don't think we're compatible!"

What happened to the good old days when Men were From Mars and Women were from Venus, Oprah preached to the bored SAHM (yes, that was me), and men had meetings in the woods, naked, playing drums?

I think you're right to some extent. I was just wondering today if all the products got so crappy or the gazillion reviews make it look so. Afraid it's a combination of both, though.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM

242 posts, read 315,710 times
One of the major factors in causing damage in the male/female relationship was this crap:

http://punchitin.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/sex-and-the-city.jpg (broken link)

I'm all for equality, but this nonsense really helped screw things up.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your.Decision View Post
One of the major factors in causing damage in the male/female relationship was this crap:

It was a fun show, but I doubt too many women identify themselves with the characters.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post

The real problem is the multiplications. At first is seems like a nice addition but before you know it the additions are dividing (makes you sad, sorry). Subtraction, while legal, suffers from moral issues. I guess the real problem is math. Perhaps people should outlaw it.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM

242 posts, read 315,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It was a fun show, but I doubt too many women identify themselves with the characters.
Disagree. On Sunday, I was driving around Brickell (a district of Miami) and a saw 10 x dozen "Sex And The City" wannabes, strutting around like their s**t didn't stink. The show may have been fun, but it spawned a whole lot of thoroughly obnoxious women to become Sex And The City wannabes.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post

Sad but SOOOO true!

the internet has done a worse number on causing divisions that anything!

Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your.Decision View Post

Soooo true. I wouldn't want to be lumped into the same category as them, or be influenced to act like them either...but unfortunatly, I think a large enough number were influenced enough to act, and now we are all lumped into the same category.

I miss and open male, who isn't afraid of women.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships