Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 PM

28 posts, read 54,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You need to decide if these are things you can live without, there value or is it principle, that he has something that belongs to you and refuses to return them? Some things aren't worth it, and better to let it go.
so many things to me are b/c of principle.
why would he not. why would he want the reminder anyway??

thank you.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times
Seriously, get out and stay away from this unhealthy relationship. There is nothing that matters beyond any abuse verbal or physical that either of you have inflicted. It is unhealthy so end it.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
You posted here, and are expecting nothing but carebear answers, and someone not sugarcoating your reality is called "abuse"?!

Stuff like that kind of discredits your claims. My opinion.
saying "Grow up" is verbal abuse considering the context of it all.

no, what i'm seeking is some sort of understanding so I can move forward.
as stated previous post, my intellect tells me forget it all and just move on (however difficult but each day will be better)

other side of that is hard time grasping it all ... and the answers are things i all ready know and sucks that's all there really is to it.

and that there really is no hope and help to rehabilitate these types of people and to think that more people will be abused b/c our attitudes/outlook is that f**k it, help yourself, what about helping them to get better and/or helping others so they don't end up dead??. just doesn't seem right.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
Seriously, get out and stay away from this unhealthy relationship. There is nothing that matters beyond any abuse verbal or physical that either of you have inflicted. It is unhealthy so end it.
yes, it has and it is aside from me "struggling" with it all.

from what i've read, it happens way to much. so very very sad.
there has to be a way to correct this behavior?? to help the abuser as well as the victim, no??

Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
If he ever comes after you again, greet him with the cold steel of a .357 revolver.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:41 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling2010 View Post
yes, it has and it is aside from me "struggling" with it all.

from what i've read, it happens way to much. so very very sad.
there has to be a way to correct this behavior?? to help the abuser as well as the victim, no??
Nope, you're too involved with the situation. If anything, you'd be enabling this behavior merely by sticking around. He needs professional help.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:41 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
and that there really is no hope and help to rehabilitate these types of people and to think that more people will be abused b/c our attitudes/outlook is that f**k it, help yourself, what about helping them to get better and/or helping others so they don't end up dead??. just doesn't seem right.

Its not your responsibility to rehabilitate him mentally and its sad the world is full of men like himself, but we can't help them and you don't have that much power. You have pending court case, let the system do their job and worry about you.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:49 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
no, what i'm seeking is some sort of understanding so I can move forward.
Seriously??? You are still wasting your time on this? Understand THIS: there IS no logic in the behavior of such people as your wacko ex. There is no understanding to be gleaned from continuing to obsess over it. You are beginning to sound a bit off-balance yourself.

Quote:
Nope. Now be done with it.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously??? You are still wasting your time on this? Understand THIS: there IS no logic in the behavior of such people as your wacko ex. There is no understanding to be gleaned from continuing to obsess over it. You are beginning to sound a bit off-balance yourself.

Nope. Now be done with it.
Tried to rep!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
If he ever comes after you again, greet him with the cold steel of a .357 revolver.
got a 22 (pistol) ... went to shooting range. also learned how to shoot a shotgun.

hopefully i never have to ever use it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships