Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I think it’s more like she treated them as a rent-a-****…
Why are you so hung up on this psuedo affirmative "I can have sex just like a man and treat them the same way some of them treat women!!" feminist babble? These men all clearly chose her and she eagerly consented. If she had turned them down, they would have found another girl just like her. And in a sense, all these guys were interchangeable as well to her, just as long as they matched her criteria.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I can't have a sober enjoyable conversation with a guy, then I'm not going to have sex with him.

Drunken hookups are not the best method for girls wishing to exert that they are just like men and can have sex just like men. I would applaud Karen Owens if she had managed to meet these guys in sober settings and seduce them into practically begging her to just spend 10 minutes with them. Getting a guy who has his fair pick of desirable girls to want you and all of you, not just some easy sex, is a little tougher than getting a guy at a bar to have sex with you.

The whole story-line of the majority of her hookups went like this:

1. Let's get drunk.
2. "Hi, I'm an attractive athlete."
3. "Oh, you're an athlete. Eh, sure, I'm down for having sex."
4. "Cool... let's bang."
5. Period of no communication or end of all communication.
6. Random drunken sex again.
7. End of communication.

I will say though that her library hookup was HOT.

Last edited by mango tango; 10-07-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess it wouldn't have mattered, it would have just been some "guy", not some dude with a name and a pic.

Surely you could appreciate that.

Like I said flip it around and some guy was totally naming names and saying all the same things and listing pics with names....I think the ladies would be upset too....

Let's be reasonable here....
I don't disagree with you.

There is no way that I condone that behaviour in male or female - just curious to the different reactions ...

Those guys are stupid for sleeping around, and so is she.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Why are you so hung up on this psuedo affirmative "I can have sex just like a man and treat them the same way some of them treat women!!" feminist babble?
Because I am sick to death of women being called low class names like skank, *****, s!ut etc. Sure you can call men who do the same thing all those names and say they’re just as bad but it’s almost a compliment to them, the names women get called are degrading and ugly.

I have seen some wonderful friends of mine, very good people, get called every name under the sun just because the guy they chose to have a good time with ended up being a blabbermouth a$$hole. One even got spat at! Women who are comfortable with their sexuality and like to explore, experiment and yes heaven forbid even have more than one sexual partner are treated like the scum of the earth. So many women hold back on what they really want to do out of fear of people judging them. AND, believe it or not, sometimes women use men too.

It’s not fair.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
http://deadspin.com/5652280/the-full-duke-university-****-list-thesis-from-a-former-female-student/gallery/#

Good for her. Even though it was never meant to go further than her friends, it’s about time women stopped hiding. Men brag about their sexual conquests all the time.

You go girl!!!
"You go girl"?? You've gotta be kidding me. Does women's lib really stand for the proposition that women should be pigs because men are too? I thought the purpose was to elevate the status of women, not debase women.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"You go girl"?? You've gotta be kidding me. Does women's lib really stand for the proposition that women should be pigs because men are too? I thought the purpose was to elevate the status of women, not debase women.
Yes yes I have explained that twice already…

Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 PM

Do any of you have a problem with this?

http://www.thegirlsguidetodepravity.com/

Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Because I am sick to death of women being called low class names like skank, *****, s!ut etc. Sure you can call men who do the same thing all those names and say they’re just as bad but it’s almost a compliment to them, the names women get called are degrading and ugly.

I have seen some wonderful friends of mine, very good people, get called every name under the sun just because the guy they chose to have a good time with ended up being a blabbermouth a$$hole. One even got spat at! Women who are comfortable with their sexuality and like to explore, experiment and yes heaven forbid even have more than one sexual partner are treated like the scum of the earth. So many women hold back on what they really want to do out of fear of people judging them. AND, believe it or not, sometimes women use men too.

It’s not fair.
Just curious, what would you define as s!ut behavior?

Having sex does not automatically make a woman a skank or whatever your preferred terminology happens to be. It's all about the context and motivation. Going out, getting drunk, and having sex with a relatively random guy IS questionable. If anything, it's great fodder for interesting stories to share with your friends and can often serve as bragging rights if the hookup you snagged is particularly desirable. But drunken hookups are NOT a way of asserting your sexuality.

And yeah, I know women use men. People use people, c'est la vie.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Do any of you have a problem with this?

http://www.thegirlsguidetodepravity.com/
I just find it sad. Especially this quote: "All men cheat, even the ugly ones, so you might as well spend your prime ****ing years getting screwed by hot guys -- they'll all ********* over in the end anyways, so at least you can give yourself good spank material for those rare nights when you are alone.

Plus, you'll never really be alone, anyway. You've got hundreds, if not thousands, of depraved ******* here who will always support their girls."

Now, I love my female friends to death, but I also love men because, as cheesy as it sounds, their masculinity does complete my femininity. If I wanted to spend my life being close with only women, I'd become a lesbian.

The main thing I notice about that blog was a very harsh, aggressive, almost angry and hurt tone.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
But drunken hookups are NOT a way of asserting your sexuality.
I agree! Honestly I don’t know what I consider s!utty behaviour. I go through life with a very strong “live and let live” attitude. Meh. *shrug*

Old 10-08-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I agree! Honestly I don’t know what I consider s!utty behaviour. I go through life with a very strong “live and let live” attitude. Meh. *shrug*
I agree with you on the "live and let live" mindset, but past a certain point we must adknowledge that what we do now will affect not only our futures, but those of others as well. It's not about being uptight; it's about being aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships