Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 04:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I'm not even in a relationship. Why am I here?
If we keep staying here, we'll never get into one. It's like a relationship vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldknow View Post
This isn't meant as a slam to anyone, or in anyway to the site. BUT if you Google "relationships" or "relationship sites" or "relationship advise" we are not on the first page. Yet, if you look at many relationship posts why are so many started by those with one, two three posts? Why us?
They probably came across the site after googling another topic and found CD, saw the wide varitey of topic discussions, decide to post.

I'm suspicious of many of the posts not because of the content, truth is stranger than fiction, so I try not to judge right off the bat unless theres inconsistancies in the story. The kicker is after posting their mini-novel, they take the defensive role and refuse to see whats right under their nose and rip into posters for telling it like it is.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
I'm not even in a relationship. Why am I here?
I share your pain.

Personal motivations for why I do certain things elude me at times. I could say it was to have an audience. A group to cheer and jeer my world view point. Than again it could just be fascination with the parade of strange and unusual personalities that grace this Forum. Perhaps it is a desire to annoy Redisca, be dismissed by Braunwyn, have Ms. Flake (AKA Just Julia) wonder at my sanity, match wits with the subtle Djuna, argue with OngletNYC, laugh at Sifuphils witticisms, have converse with many whos names would fill this post to much to list, and also to marvel at the paucity of intellect of many regular male posters and some female ones.

But in the end, it is just a phase. Once my attention moves on to some other area of interest so will I. Until than keep the Fiction coming.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
But in the end, it is just a phase. Once my attention moves on to some other area of interest so will I. Until than keep the Fiction coming.
Another commitment phobe!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:41 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Another commitment phobe!
I admit nothing!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I admit nothing!
Maybe... until I flog ya!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:25 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
It does seem a little strange to me for a first forum post to be a long, personal post in this section. But then, I have a feeling that there are posters here with more than one identity.

<.<
>.>

I came to City Data and started off in the Atlanta section, since this is a forum about "City Data". Didn't venture into this section for a couple weeks.

....and now I can't get out.
I hear ya.

I find the city data part of City-Data to be the least enjoyable, actually.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:37 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
I agree with Ishouldknow and Neemy.
This site is more for people looking to relocate or get visiting info. They just happen to have other boards. So that's why it isn't one that comes up right away in a search.

I came here in Feb to the Hawaii board looking for info about moving there. Lurked for 2 months or so then started posting and now I'm only 3 months away from moving! Ahhh! Scary!

But I found the relationship boards somehow along the way and it's pretty fun and entertaining--sometimes even intelligent and informative (none of that coming from me though! )

Old 10-27-2010, 03:12 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Are Too Many Relationship Topics Fiction?
They might not always be Fiction, but you can be assured of finding some Drama here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships