Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times

Advertisements

I am 30 years old and I have no urge to get married. I used to date regularly, I go away on vacations, I basically do what I want, when I want. I have certain family members who think I am either gay, or mentally ill because I am not married by now. To be honest, I dont understand why they think marriage = happiness? Do they want me to get married so I will be complete? Am I missing out on that much happiness by not being married? I have no idea. My question is, for all you married people. Should I be wanting to get married? Does it complete you as a person? Give you purpose in life? I was hoping by 30 years old I would have the urge to wanna get married and have a family, but to be honest, its the opposite. I also have no interest in kids, like zero none. I fear getting a woman pregant right up there with death, its easily a top 5 fear for me

My personal info 2 bachelors MBA and net worth 750k because I just sold my condo in Vancouver. I also have a trust fund. Not trying to brag, but I feel that I have allot to lose if I got divorced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 06:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
This one is so simple....hello??

If your happy being who you are, then who gives a damn what others think of you? Enjoy your life.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:15 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Don't get married.... it's simple.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
you owe no one an explanation as why you are married or not. If you don't need marriage to be complete, then don't do it.

Enjoy life. My brother was 39 when he married for the first time. And I don't look down on someone if they are not married.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:17 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Um, I thought you were single.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:25 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Now, this is info coming from a 61 yr old VERY happily married man......
No matter what anyone, and I do mean anyone tells you, absolutely DON'T marry unless you truely want to!! And, if you have no interest in having kids.......another DON'T do it!!
My wife and I have been married for almost 10 yrs now, but I was single (ok, divorced) for almost 21 years before I met her. I only liked being single for about the first 6 months and the rest of the 20 1/2 years I HATED it. Yes, that's right, I HATED being single for those years. I am a "marriage minded" person and was extremely glad when I met my wife who was the same "minded" person. Both of us had been married twice before, but were not afraid of marriage/committment at all. We don't have kids and guess we were both lucky with "no pregnancies" while we were single. Anyway, we love each other and being married. Our age is very close (she's a year older), so we come from the same generation and have a LOT of the same interests.
Bottom line, last words are........DON'T, DON'T, DON'T for marriage and kids until you want to; if that ever happens, but you are only 30 years old though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I am 30 years old and I have no urge to get married. I used to date regularly, I go away on vacations, I basically do what I want, when I want. I have certain family members who think I am either gay, or mentally ill because I am not married by now. To be honest, I dont understand why they think marriage = happiness? Do they want me to get married so I will be complete? Am I missing out on that much happiness by not being married? I have no idea. My question is, for all you married people. Should I be wanting to get married? Does it complete you as a person? Give you purpose in life? I was hoping by 30 years old I would have the urge to wanna get married and have a family, but to be honest, its the opposite. I also have no interest in kids, like zero none. I fear getting a woman pregant right up there with death, its easily a top 5 fear for me

My personal info 2 bachelors MBA and net worth 750k because I just sold my condo in Vancouver. I also have a trust fund. Not trying to brag, but I feel that I have allot to lose if I got divorced

Old 10-24-2010, 06:29 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
There is no reason for you to get married at this point in your life. If you ever find someone you don't want to live without you can reconsider, but for now enjoy your life and freedom.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Um, I thought you were single.

I am, I dont see what you mean?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Now, this is info coming from a 61 yr old VERY happily married man......
No matter what anyone, and I do mean anyone tells you, absolutely DON'T marry unless you truely want to!! And, if you have no interest in having kids.......another DON'T do it!!
My wife and I have been married for almost 10 yrs now, but I was single (ok, divorced) for almost 21 years before I met her. I only liked being single for about the first 6 months and the rest of the 20 1/2 years I HATED it. Yes, that's right, I HATED being single for those years. I am a "marriage minded" person and was extremely glad when I met my wife who was the same "minded" person. Both of us had been married twice before, but were not afraid of marriage/committment at all. We don't have kids and guess we were both lucky with "no pregnancies" while we were single. Anyway, we love each other and being married. Our age is very close (she's a year older), so we come from the same generation and have a LOT of the same interests.
Bottom line, last words are........DON'T, DON'T, DON'T for marriage and kids until you want to; if that ever happens, but you are only 30 years old though!

good advice, and I agree and observe there are people that need to be in relationships moreso than others

Old 10-24-2010, 06:38 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
yes well thank you for the info on your education and financial profile :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships