Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 02:31 PM

78,606 posts, read 60,797,576 times

Advertisements

It's a little sad watching people with standards that are set out of their league or that have never learned or been able to deal with the fact that their market value isn't what it once was. I think this is more common as people transition through different age brackets and weights as to what is important shift. People don't care so much that you were the star running back at Polk Highschool when you are 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 02:42 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,291,073 times
Yes people should stick to those who they think are in their league. Today with Facebook looks are becoming more and more important and being less attractive really does hurt you. People compare hundreds of images a day based on looks and everyone knows about what they are on a scale of 1-10. I'm judged regularly on a # basis which I NEVER was 10 years ago and so now know how I'm perceived on the pecking order, etc. Maybe people say they don't judge according to these factors but they do. So sure, if you are not all that, don't try to get together with someone who is, it won't work. Even if you think you're ok if you're not beautiful you don't have any chance socially anymore so I wouldn't even bother socializing. I'm not pretty and have not socialized in years, will most likely never meet or date anyone ever again.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,207,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
... I'm not pretty and have not socialized in years, will most likely never meet or date anyone ever again.
You seem a bit sour, lemon&lime. Why so bitter? When life hands you a raw deal, make hamburger of it.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:53 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Yes people should stick to those who they think are in their league. Today with Facebook looks are becoming more and more important and being less attractive really does hurt you. People compare hundreds of images a day based on looks and everyone knows about what they are on a scale of 1-10. I'm judged regularly on a # basis which I NEVER was 10 years ago and so now know how I'm perceived on the pecking order, etc. Maybe people say they don't judge according to these factors but they do. So sure, if you are not all that, don't try to get together with someone who is, it won't work. Even if you think you're ok if you're not beautiful you don't have any chance socially anymore so I wouldn't even bother socializing. I'm not pretty and have not socialized in years, will most likely never meet or date anyone ever again.
Geez thats depressing..

Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,642,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Geez thats depressing..
Only if you believe that FaceBook is the ultimate arbiter of beauty...

Old 11-09-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Only if you believe that FaceBook is the ultimate arbiter of beauty...
I do..Facebok whited my face out becasue i ddint live up to their standards of beauty

Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,642,286 times
Quote:
I do..Facebok whited my face out becasue i ddint live up to their standards of beauty
LMAO!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:12 PM

40,966 posts, read 49,283,992 times
Quote:
I just find a better looking pic of someone online who has actual friends and post it. You should see the hot babe I've photo shopped to include as "My Wife"

I did eliminate my kids and get a better looking dog, they were way too ugly.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I just find a better looking pic of someone online who has actual friends and post it. You should see the hot babe I've photo shopped to include as "My Wife"

Good thinking..Just make the family pick look like a hallmark card of all gentically gifted people

Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Actually, you sound just like a commercial I saw last night about digital-photography something... The woman was swapping faces from various pictures and rearranging people until she came up with her "perfect" family! Good grief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships