Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:07 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times

Advertisements

I'm a recovering "nice guy" and lately Ive been trying to get into the whole club and bar scene since after my last relationship. Ive sworn of relationships and for now I just want to sort of sow my wild oats and become better at meeting women(as i am somewhat insecure and have self esteem issues). Ive got a couple of friends who frequent bars and clubs and once in a while meet a women they take home after going to a bar, but most of them seem pretty bad with the ladies and I guess just get lucky every now and then.

For me going to a bar and club was sort of like a whole new experience. Apparently being "the nice guy" and doing what a women wants is not the way to getting women. Picking up and meeting girls is almost like a skill, and very few men seem to be able to get it down correctly. So its got me thinking anybody here know of, met, dated, hooked up or is friends with someone who is like a modern day Casanova? Has women after him like crazy, just seems to have a special way with the ladies?

What qualities and what was it about them that made them irresistable to women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I'm a recovering "nice guy" and lately Ive been trying to get into the whole club and bar scene since after my last relationship. Ive sworn of relationships and for now I just want to sort of sow my wild oats and become better at meeting women(as i am somewhat insecure and have self esteem issues). Ive got a couple of friends who frequent bars and clubs and once in a while meet a women they take home after going to a bar, but most of them seem pretty bad with the ladies and I guess just get lucky every now and then.

For me going to a bar and club was sort of like a whole new experience. Apparently being "the nice guy" and doing what a women wants is not the way to getting women. Picking up and meeting girls is almost like a skill, and very few men seem to be able to get it down correctly. So its got me thinking anybody here know of, met, dated, hooked up or is friends with someone who is like a modern day Casanova? Has women after him like crazy, just seems to have a special way with the ladies?

What qualities and what was it about them that made them irresistable to women?
Let me just say--at the risk of repeating myself--that if you're really a 'nice guy' and are striking out with the ladies, you're probably not aiming for 'nice girls'. How can you guys claim to be nice guys when you're chasing the bad girls--girls who don't like nice guys?

ETA: I wouldn't give a Don Juan the time of day. Don Quixotes are far more interesting. Now how many of those do you suppose are still around?

Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
There is a ton of advice all over the Web!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
My cousin is, women adore him...of course, he is gay, loves to shop, is hilariously funny. He is like a a chick magnet. He always leaves the bar with tons of phone numbers. And has women take him on cruises, they spend money on him...he is funny, sexy, and loves women. And there is no pressure for sex. And he is an excellent dancer.

Those things may not all work for you. But, women like him because he is fun to be with, and does not pressure them for sex, or expect them to be all dressed up for him. He is very relaxing.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default so what!

I got low testerone level. Women find me relaxing to be around too!!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 PM

66 posts, read 134,800 times
There should be guides and even clubs for a "society" called as pick-up artist. Search it on the internet.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Well this is what comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7NQQ0Lfu4

Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Here.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My cousin is, women adore him...of course, he is gay, loves to shop, is hilariously funny. He is like a a chick magnet. He always leaves the bar with tons of phone numbers. And has women take him on cruises, they spend money on him...he is funny, sexy, and loves women. And there is no pressure for sex. And he is an excellent dancer.

Those things may not all work for you. But, women like him because he is fun to be with, and does not pressure them for sex, or expect them to be all dressed up for him. He is very relaxing.
you know things are bad when even the gays have better luck with women

Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times
Yeah, my brother. As my sister puts it: "He has a swagger that girls can't resist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships