Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,396,092 times

Advertisements

As for these people who are suggesting getting the keystroke monitor thing, if you do this - you better be real sure that she's cheating or you'll have broken the trust that she has in you.

Doing a little snooping here and there might be acceptable but to go to that extreme, there better be some strong evidence.

Coming from a wife who has never cheated, never been tempted to cheat and doesn't have anything to hide, if I found out my hubby had gone to that extreme, I would be p*ssed. I do have a right to some privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Here we go with another "FB is destroying my relationship" thread...LOL People, people, people.. I realize that YES it's a venue where you can search for people, rekindle old friendships etc BUT at the end of the day, it's not the responsibility of a website that brings down relationships. Everyone has a conscience and everyone has that little voice that says "Hey, you're about to do something very wrong..." it's a persons choice to listen to that voice and do the right thing or go off and do what they want.
I'm so tired of hearing how this website is breaking up relationships. LOL PEOPLE ruin relationships by making stupid decisions. Believe me, if someone is going to cheat if not by way of rekindling an old friendship on FB they'd sure find another way.
FB made them do it! FB is the devil!

Quote:
1 out of 4 marriages end in divorce due to facebook.
As for this, I'd like to see the source/study of this fact(?).

Link?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:05 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
FB made them do it! FB is the devil!

As for this, I'd like to see the source/study of this fact(?).

Link?

LOL yeah that makes two of us, I'd love to see the study that was done that shows this... LOL I swear, people love to latch onto excuses as to why their relationships fail. I am calling FB the new alcohol LOL "Oh I was on the FB and it caused me to fall into this girls va-jay-jay... " LMAO.. uhh ok sure.. so you were drunk on FB, eh? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by andreaspercheron; 11-12-2010 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-12-2010, 08:18 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
I kinda like the disclaimers acting like people supsecting their SO of hooking up, cheating on their mates are somehow compairable to conspiracy theorists. I also believe cheaters, themselves, would have STRONG opposing opinions on things like keystroke moniters. Basically, NOBODY WANTS TO GET CAUGHT! But we are in the information age, and any idiot with $100 can almost do the same investigative work as a private eye.

Again keystroke moniters are COMPLETELY HIDDEN. No program can find them! It's a very simple storage program hidden umungst 1000's. When I see strong opinion against them, it make you wonder about person feeling that strongly against them..as to why? The normal reaction is to not like cheating. But societally cheating is becoming acceptable.

Successful cheaters use all sorts of techniques. For instance, it would do no good to follow my wife in her car on lunch break, because she would take a long stretch route, checking to see if any cars had followed her, then call HIM to meet her. If any cars followed, she wouldn't meet him. The better way was to buy in inexspensive cell phone(as cheap as $10), put it in her car. Now I have the GPS location of their arrival destination. Walla, there they are together! After several failed attempts to have people follow her, and her just driving around. Basically, you've got to outfox, the fox.

I also have noticed that the supreme technique to get somebody to CHEAT WITH YOU, is to make them feel sorry for you. Most people need rationalization, although a certain percentage are just no damn good. This rationalization usually comes this way.."he/she mistreats him/her. Thus something that's wrong, suddenly becomes..OK. You'll see it over and over, yeah cheating is wrong but you don't understand..they can't leave, they are being mistreated, they are abusive.

The cheaters, THEMSELVES are the insecure ones! They need to feel like they're saving somebody from an ogre.

Lastly, the title of this thread is HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR WIFE IS CHEATING ON YOU ON FACEBOOK. It doesn't ask your opinion, it asks HOW. Interesting indeed all the naysayers jumping in.

Last edited by optiflex; 11-12-2010 at 08:38 AM..

Old 11-12-2010, 09:14 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Here we go with another "FB is destroying my relationship" thread...LOL People, people, people.. I realize that YES it's a venue where you can search for people, rekindle old friendships etc BUT at the end of the day, it's not the responsibility of a website that brings down relationships. Everyone has a conscience and everyone has that little voice that says "Hey, you're about to do something very wrong..." it's a persons choice to listen to that voice and do the right thing or go off and do what they want.
I'm so tired of hearing how this website is breaking up relationships. LOL PEOPLE ruin relationships by making stupid decisions. Believe me, if someone is going to cheat if not by way of rekindling an old friendship on FB they'd sure find another way.
What thread are you reading?

The OP has not claimed Facebook is destroying his relationship

This has nothing to do with Facebook and everything to do with just how serious it is when someone reunites with a past love.

Do the research, this kind of reunion is many times the death knell for a marriage, even marriages that were seemingly "happy" prior to the reunion.

There is research explaining why these early childhood and teen romances impact us so severely. And when someone gets caught back up in those feelings it can be very intoxicating.

Anyone who doesn't take this threat to their marriage seriously is just being naive.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Do the research, this kind of reunion is many times the death knell for a marriage, even marriages that were seemingly "happy" prior to the reunion.
No, but another poster commented that 1 out of four marriages will end due to Facebook.

IMO, a person who is truly happy in their marriage and in love with their spouse, will not be lured away by past loves. Sure, there may be some nostalgia but no luring.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideman View Post
As an asian she says that it's just part of her culture. I'd like to put it out there to see what others think.
http://www.msn2.me/msn/data/thumbnails/45/Hysterically%20Laughing.gif (broken link) Funniest excuse.............EVER!!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
No, but another poster commented that 1 out of four marriages will end due to Facebook.

IMO, a person who is truly happy in their marriage and in love with their spouse, will not be lured away by past loves. Sure, there may be some nostalgia but no luring.
Again, do some reading and research the subject, you'll be very surprised to see how often otherwise good, stable marriages are destroyed by the reunion of past/lost loves.

In the majority of the cases it starts out innocently enough, people just want to "catch up".

But once people are spending the kind of time online or on the phone together that our OP's wife and her lost love are the relationship often becomes a threat to the marriage.

After all, you can "catch up" with someone in a few hours, after that you aren't catching up, you are getting involved.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

This has nothing to do with Facebook and everything to do with just how serious it is when someone reunites with a past love.

There is research explaining why these early childhood and teen romances impact us so severely. And when someone gets caught back up in those feelings it can be very intoxicating.

Anyone who doesn't take this threat to their marriage seriously is just being naive.
I totally agree. Facebook is nothing more than the method of initial contact; really it is irrelevant to the thread topic which is my spouse is having discreet, in-depth conversations with past lovers, should I be worried.

Everyone who is arguing about facebook itself is doing so in order to feed their own personal egos.

Anyway, here's an article on the subject:

http://www.sheknows.com/love-and-sex...es/7803/page:1

Old 11-12-2010, 09:49 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Facebook addicts.

I just do not get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships