Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:29 PM

339 posts, read 837,073 times

Advertisements

How could that be? For every woman that's in a relationship there is a man and vice versa. Then why does it seem like there are a lot more single men then women.
Do a Google search and type in "Never had a girlfriend" in quotes and do the same with "Never had a boyfriend". Never had a girlfriend gets more results.

Examples,

Bars and clubs: Anyone who has been to a bar or club in this country knows there are soooo many more dudes compared to single women. I know there are a few exceptions but for the most part you know ur in for a sausage party.

Online dating: Click on this link: Plenty Of Fish ( POF ) - 100% Free Dating - PlentyofFish.com - Site Review | Dating Service.com
Its a review for plentyoffish... a popular online dating site. Scroll down to where it says ratio. It says that its 75 to 25(Men to women). OUCH! Isn't that absurd?!? I want someone to tell me whats going on.

Are there men dating 10 women at a time? HAHA. Doubt it.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Ratios are broken down into where you live. Here are a couple sites which show ratios in indivdual cities and a link to a map to show the highest concentations of each.

(Census Information) from summary table B12001 for the United States for 2009 ... estimate for the number
of unmarried men is 42,157,997 ... for the number of unmarried women is 35,852,821 ...
Includes men and women 15 or older.

Singles in the United States — Infoplease.com

A singles map of the United States of America - The Boston Globe

2000 United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Thursday007; 11-17-2010 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
How could that be? For every woman that's in a relationship there is a man and vice versa. Then why does it seem like there are a lot more single men then women.
Do a Google search and type in "Never had a girlfriend" in quotes and do the same with "Never had a boyfriend". Never had a girlfriend gets more results.

Examples,

Bars and clubs: Anyone who has been to a bar or club in this country knows there are soooo many more dudes compared to single women. I know there are a few exceptions but for the most part you know ur in for a sausage party.

Online dating: Click on this link: Plenty Of Fish ( POF ) - 100% Free Dating - PlentyofFish.com - Site Review | Dating Service.com
Its a review for plentyoffish... a popular online dating site. Scroll down to where it says ratio. It says that its 75 to 25(Men to women). OUCH! Isn't that absurd?!? I want someone to tell me whats going on.

Are there men dating 10 women at a time? HAHA. Doubt it.
Hi Gilgamesh8,

You did not know? Seriously? I have known several men juggling different girl friends and observe that several generations of men are chasing the same 18-35 range. A 35 year old nearly stole my girl friend when I was 18. My knock out cousin was with a 40 year old in her early 20s, and I mean your head rolling down a flight of stairs knockout. The girl at the library was 30 with a 50 something. Divorce is recycling older men some of whom are attractive to women right back into the pool. Then there is the fat. So between the most desirable young women in the 18-21 BMI range, it must be 6 to 1. Fat guys don't like fat girls either but some have jobs and jokes. Then when you go on-line, forget about it. Anonymous, lack of historical context gizmoism is definitely slanted towards la fiesta de chorizo.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
an "older" man with a "younger" woman is a logical, time-honored occurance.

don't hate

Old 11-17-2010, 12:55 PM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Perhaps it is your source.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 PM

379 posts, read 512,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Ratios are broken down into where you live. Here are a couple sites which show ratios in indivdual cities and a link to a map to show the highest concentations of each.

Singles in the United States — Infoplease.com

A singles map of the United States of America - The Boston Globe

2000 United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Boston Globe site is interesting. By that map, it would seem that the Bo-Wash corridor is the place to be. My experience living here is that many, many women do not wish to be with a man exclusively, or they live such high-powered, high-stressed lives that fitting a man in their life is not possible. Many women here work at least 60+ hours a week, and their priority is on their job, shopping, and hanging with their friends/family. I've met more women here that are completely okay with having one night stands than anywhere else that I've lived. Relationships here are very surface, ephemeral, and getting rarer by the day. I'm talking about the 25-35 age range specifically.

There are tons TONS of absolutely beautiful women in NYC living there. If you have the skills to get one to settle down with you and be a good wife to you, then my friend you are truly a magician. It simply doesn't happen.

I think the reasons are: it is exorbitantly expensive to live here. Homes are $300k and up, even now, and jobs just don't pay the way they used to. You pretty much have to work 60 hours a week to make ends meet. A good 2 bedroom rental in a nice area is $1500+ a month. Property taxes are $8000 a year or more. It is simply a difficult area to live. Having kids and starting a family has taken a back seat to just making ends meet here.

Also, this area is the center for fashion, big money, and celebrity status. Women here that are a 6 would be a 9 anywhere else except maybe LA, Vegas, or Miami. If you are out of shape, balding, not dressed in uber-fashionable clothing, or just seem a little "country", you will be passed over like the collection plate at church. Many people here are fake, and like to play games. If you look good, are super smooth at playing games, and appear to have money and/or status, you can and will easily get laid by attractive females. But don't expect anything long term, generally speaking.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
There are probably more women dating the same man then men dating the same women (more men are players then women). Also men tend to die earlier and from more diseases. However to be honest if you are a good catch, your gonna be able to get a girl. Please don't use any statistics to try to prove its impossible for guys to get dates when in reality your just inadequate.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 15,098 times
well I think your theory about women dating the same men is probable , but It wouldn't make all that difference of course , as there aren't really much of those cases.
So the answer I guess , is that there aren't more single men than women , It just seems to be for you.
The thing is that there are as much single man as women. BUT , men show that and go to bars go more to dating websites and look for girls , and are easy to get by a girl... while girls don't look for any boyfriend , and look for the strongest ( handsome, money , materials , whatever etc )
why is that , just because there are more men than women , and that girls then have the choice and feel like , oh I can wait , and I could get the best that I could get , why would I rush it now It will come. and guys rather .. oh I have to get a girlfriend , how is that possible , go to bars , go to discos to websites .. so that's it

solution , be rich and you'll not be one of those " a lot more single men than women "
or , the whole men shouldn't beg girls and show them much attention that much , that way they will start looking for guys more too
did this answer your question a bit ?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Census 2010 News | 2010 Census Shows Nation's Population is Aging (http://2010.census.gov/news/releases/operations/cb11-cn147.html - broken link)
The latest census shows 50.8% female. Undoubtedly that is higher in the older age groups.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Men don't live as long as women as a general rule, therefor there are more unmarried women than unmarried men, but the discrepancy is greater as the age increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships