Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:19 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times

Advertisements

Shes messed up dude. Your better off not dating her. She is too emotionally damaged to be dating right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
What in the world did you see in such a basket case of a women? Unless you enjoy playing the rescuer, one wonders at your motivations. Just be happy she ended it and have no further contact with her.

I see nothing wrong with not trumpeting your income. I would consider it worse if you were misrepresenting it the other way. Now some people get high on a hobby horse about not lying. They do have a point if you tell a story that is not true. So simply avoid discussing the particulars until you feel comfortable with a relationship.

As for what she tells other people in regards to the relationship? Why give a rodents rear end? That it bugs you would seem to indicate you have a martyr complex as well as the White Knight Syndrome. If I was you I would avoid this women and child like the plague.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:42 AM

153 posts, read 273,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
What in the world did you see in such a basket case of a women? Unless you enjoy playing the rescuer, one wonders at your motivations. Just be happy she ended it and have no further contact with her.

I see nothing wrong with not trumpeting your income. I would consider it worse if you were misrepresenting it the other way. Now some people get high on a hobby horse about not lying. They do have a point if you tell a story that is not true. So simply avoid discussing the particulars until you feel comfortable with a relationship.

As for what she tells other people in regards to the relationship? Why give a rodents rear end? That it bugs you would seem to indicate you have a martyr complex as well as the White Knight Syndrome. If I was you I would avoid this women and child like the plague.
Well, I ended it, as she wanted to originally work on it. Which, we tried, but she was the same, no change. So, I just said it is best we call it quits. She agreed. My second mistake was when I circled around a few months later to see how she was doing. In hindsight, it probably was not a good woman to date nor was the check in with her after we broke up.

Umm, I start each relationship with a clean slate and do not judge them on previous misjudgments or indiscretions. She seemed okay in the beginning. Always happy and fun to be around. Then, she changed. While I can understand the sympathy some have for her in terms of me telling her I worked at one place, where I worked at another, it was not to inflate or make me look better; just more average. Especially when I saw she had money issues. You'd be surprised to see what people turn into when they see $$$. I will admit, when she was short on money for necessities, I helped out out of my heart. Offered to give her some extra money to hold her over until her paycheck, but she refused to take it. Should the relationship lasted six months, I would had told her where I worked. However, I will stress, I did say I was in the financial industry, just was to exactly clear what I did. So it really was not a big misnomer. That was the only thing I guarded, everything else, I was on the line with. When I talk to other men and women who earn over 100k, they did not think my lie was really that big of a deal. It was not that I said I was a stock trader and I really was a shoe salesman. It was not to impress, it was to take the finance out of the equation. Put both of us on a equal footing, nothing else.

Like I said, the way towards the end of the relationship, when she started to act bewildering is what I had a hard time grasping. Plus, to have another man, who's a know cheater and who sleeps around the town in her bed with her daughter in the next room was disturbing. Just a few weeks later. I just hope the daughter does not follow in her mother's footsteps in terms of relationships. Medically, the daughter is fine. Which is a big plus. The mother has not seen a psychologist in years and said she is fine. However, I do believe talking to a professional would help her out a lot. I would be lying if I said I still did not care for her well being. But, as you and others say, it's not my problem anymore.

No, I have not and will not reach out or speak to her anymore. I ran into her Ex-husand in Walmart the other day, that was an interesting experience. Plus, since we are in the same small town, we frequently see each other, but I do not make eye contact. I am sure, as the month's continue, the thought of her will be less and less.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:45 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
You're ego is just hurt about "the other guy." It doesn't sound like you care about her at all, just that you got replaced by someone you think is inferior or something.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:48 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
This story sounds so familiar. Has it been posted before?

Old 11-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intluser View Post

Umm, I start each relationship with a clean slate and do not judge them on previous misjudgments or indiscretions. ...
That is ludicrous. People are the sum of what they have done and what has happen to them. It is not judging to call a dog a dog, or a cat a cat. You say you are a Stock Broker. Would you buy a Stock thats past performance was bad? Would you jump in on a fund that was going bankrupt? Now while past performance can not guarantee the future performance, it is something to keep in mind. It sounds like you need to get more realistic.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Dear boy, be grateful that you learned in four months what many men do not discover for YEARS.

This woman had an AGENDA. You were supposed to make her life PERFECT in every way. YOU were supposed to be her knight in shining armor. YOU were supposed to make all of her problems disappear.

She is the kind of woman who expects other people to FIX her. But she is not willing to put in any effort to fix herself. If you cannot or will not rise to the occasion and make her world a paradise, you are out of there.

I would venture to say that her two previous husbands would tell you the same thing. Some women go through life refusing to be accountable for their actions and expecting someone else to make their life "right".

Be glad that you discovered this before she tore through your bank account with the expectation that YOUR money is there to make her life (oh, and her daughter's life), better.

Next time you meet a woman with a laundry list of "problems' (both financial and medical) and CHILDREN, remember that you will always be an outsider to their relationship, and no matter what..... let me repeat that....

NO. MATTER. WHAT.

Her children will always come first before you. Every time. No exceptions. Ever. Get it?

Find a nice girl with no baggage who has goals and is willing to work toward them. NOT SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE TO RESCUE.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-27-2010, 12:26 PM

130 posts, read 336,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
That is ludicrous. People are the sum of what they have done and what has happen to them. .
Some say that the past nor the future exist. Only the present. Anywho, everyone has their problems. Her medical disabilities most likely caused both financial and emotional burden in her past relationships. However, she did not accept your money so she isn't a gold digger. She simply did not wish to be involved with you for the long run. At least she was honest and up front. It hurts but that is the gamble with relationships.

If you care, you can always be there as a friend. But honestly, I know how it feels to be sick and have your body betray you. It makes you feel like sh#t and you don't really want someone helping you. You feel too proud (which may explain why she took on many debts instead of asking for help in the past). Her finding out your real occupation may have caused her to feel guilty thus her pushing you away.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizdezigner View Post
Some say that the past nor the future exist. Only the present. ....
If they do they are idiots, or worse. Try that past doesn't exist when you pass the last gas Station for 60 miles and you do not fill up and your tank is near empty. How about not having your alarm clock set to wake you up to go to work on Monday (the future). I am sure your Boss will be understanding that you need not plan for the Future by getting to work on time.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:26 PM

153 posts, read 273,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
You're ego is just hurt about "the other guy." It doesn't sound like you care about her at all, just that you got replaced by someone you think is inferior or something.
Ego hurt? No. I did not care for her? Not sure where you got that either. If I did not care for her, I would had just did the causal relationship she offered. But I enjoyed hanging around her and her family, so yea, call me the bad guy to actually want a relationship, not just a FWB. But think what you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships