Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,790 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I didn't really like this guy. he was, or course, my friend, but that was all I ever thought about him. I mean, sure, I thought he was cute, but I never thought about dating him, until he said he liked me, but apparently I didn't know what that meant. A few days later he said he had a girlfriend. We text all the time, and I love talking to him, but I just want him to tell me why he likes me, or his girlfriend, or anyone else. According to my friend, he's a player, so he pretty much flirts with a lot of girls without meaning to. I really do want him to like me, though, but I don't want to hurt his girlfriend. But, is there a way I can get him to like me, and JUST me? Because he flirts with me all the time, even though he's dating another girl, and it sort of hurts. Is there a way to get him to focus all of his attention on me and me alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so...tell_my_why View Post
Okay, so I didn't really like this guy. he was, or course, my friend, but that was all I ever thought about him. I mean, sure, I thought he was cute, but I never thought about dating him, until he said he liked me, but apparently I didn't know what that meant. A few days later he said he had a girlfriend. We text all the time, and I love talking to him, but I just want him to tell me why he likes me, or his girlfriend, or anyone else. According to my friend, he's a player, so he pretty much flirts with a lot of girls without meaning to. I really do want him to like me, though, but I don't want to hurt his girlfriend. But, is there a way I can get him to like me, and JUST me? Because he flirts with me all the time, even though he's dating another girl, and it sort of hurts. Is there a way to get him to focus all of his attention on me and me alone?
Seriously???

Reread your post. Move on.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:28 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,424,458 times
You could lure him into your home, get him into your bedroom.
Then proceed to handcuff him to the bed. No escape for him and he's sure to be all yours!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Seriously???

Reread your post. Move on.
Agreed. And...

Quote:
What?!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,204 times
Sorry terrible decision. If you date him your a home wrecker and no better then those idiots on jerry springer. No sympathy for you. Just know that ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER. Hes already a cheater for hitting on you when he has a girlfriend

Have some freaking self respect. Do you think you deserve trash like that? If your thinking about it maybe you are trash too..

EDIT: You know what... Go ahead, I dare you. Just make sure you come back in a few weeks crying your eyes out so we can laugh.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:37 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
Quote:

First of all, why would you have any interest in a guy if he's willing to dump his girlfriend to be with you? If he's willing to do that to her, then he'll probably do the same thing to you. Second, I think this guy is a player. Again, why would you have any interest in this guy? Seriously, just move on.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
Quote:

Why do you want a guy who is obviously playing the field? Do you want to be another one of his conquests? You can do better. He has a g/f, period and telling you he likes you. He's out for quantity, not quality.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
This is a dumb thread.

It's always about having what you can't have.

Guy was available...not interested.

Guy not available...interested.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,790 times
Okay, you're all saying how he's a player and if he dumps his girlfriend for me, then he'll end up dumping me for another girl. I think I worded that wrong. He is a complete idiot, but he won't dump his girlfriend for another girl. That's one thing he would never do. And I would never ask him to do that, actually if he dumped his girlfriend for me I would probably force him to get back with her. And I've liked him since before he started going out with his girlfriend, I didn't used to like him, but now I do. What I'm asking is, is there any middle ground? Yeah, this may just be a stupid teenage crush, and if it is, is there any way to get over it? I'm sick of feeling like this, and you all saying to just forget about him or saying that I'm trash because I'll make a guy dump his girlfriend for me, YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!!! I'm sorry, but you're not. If you think this thread is dumb or stupid, then don't comment. It's as simple as that. If you think that I'm just a stupid little kid who is just being dumb, then why bother? Why make me feel worse about my problems? Those of you who say that are just as stupid as you think I am. I can tell you right now that I'm not a normal girl. I won't swear, be rude to someone for no reason, have sex with anyone, or anything like that, but I have enough guts to defend myself. I already feel terrible, so does it make you feel better to make me feel even worse?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
There are lots of people who have a flirty nature. It doesn't make them a 'player'....they just enjoy the fun of those types of friendships.

The only way you are going to know if this guy feels more for you than a flirty friendship is for you to ask him. This is always a risk, because if he doesn't feel the same way you do....then the easy going dynamics of the friendship might change. Only you can decide if the risk is worth it. MOST of the time....it isn't.

I think if he currently has someone he calls his girlfriend, then it is safe to assume if he didn't want that particular relationship, he would break up with her. You can remain his flirty friend to see if he gets out of his current friendship later or you can take the risk mentioned in the above paragraph.

Good luck to you either way. I hope you find real love either with this guy or with someone else who is right for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships