Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM

213 posts, read 672,009 times

Advertisements

meaning, you would think it should be simple, God put this Mod cut: half/soul mate in place on this earth for you to be with so then why is the process so dang complicated.
Do we make it complicated because;
we don't wait long enough, fall in love with the wrong people, live in the wrong part of the world, marry the wrong people, never were meant to be married, are so shattered by being with the wrong person that when the right one comes along we totally miss the person, know the person is there but is just not attracted to him or her. Don't pray hard enough to find the person, they die prematurely before we get to meet them. We are only meant to find them at a certain time and spend only a limited amount of time with them.
I'm just trying to find a meaning to all this.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 03-10-2011 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
meaning, you would think it should be simple, God put Mod cut: half/soul mate in place on this earth for you to be with so then why is the process so dang complicated.
we don't wait long enough, fall in love with the wrong people, live in the wrong part of the world, marry the wrong people, never were meant to be married, are so shattered by being with the wrong person that when the right one comes along we totally miss the person, know the person is there but is just not attracted to him or her. Don't pray hard enough to find the person, they die prematurely before we get to meet them. We are only meant to find them at a certain time and spend only a limited amount of time with them.
IMHO, the idea of a "soulmate" is an illusion. There is more than one person for everyone, and getting hung up on a single person because you feel he/she is a "soulmate" is going to lead to heartbreak and complications.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 PM

343 posts, read 524,206 times
We, as individuals are complicated. Life brings a whole other set of complications.

So when two complicated people with complicated lives get together....it's not easy.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
meaning, you would think it should be simple, God put this Mod cut: half/soul mate in place on this earth for you to be with so then why is the process so dang complicated.
My dream is to set the hook in a soul mate/person for me. Once I do, that gal will know it and will remember it everyday for the rest of her life. I can't go out without finding and experiencing that. I may die off before I get her to say yes but at least I tried.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,948 times
I think a person can have more than one soul mate. I heard once that relationships can be seasonal (not calendar seasons but periods of time in your life), so for that moment in time, that person is perfect for you but people change and it's time to find the person who will complement who you are now. But you will always remember them, they will always be special to you.

I think relationships are complicated because of life itself, face it we all come into relationships with our issues. They in a sense become who we are, but once you're in a relationship you have the other person to tell you what your issues are and it's up to you to change them. Sounds simple but it's not an easy thing to do and the process of realizing lifelong behaviors and changing them is challenging. However, once the two of you beat the issues out of each other and accept the things that you can not change, it gets easier. At least that's what I've heard LOL.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
I think that relationships are complicated because we put too much emphasis on them...they are not the all of life, they are more the icing on the cake(so to speak). If we think highly of ourselves, and pursue life with zest and a purpose, life can be very rewarding ,even without that SO that everyone so desires.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,619,542 times
Sometimes I think we get distracted by the pretty shinies in the hunt for a significant other; we get caught up in appearances and attitudes and day-to-day bothers like making a living and putting food on the table. Add in the constant barrage of media telling us what we should be looking for in someone and you have a cluster-muck the likes of which even the Creator cannot undo.

Humans like to make things difficult - we're a race of drama queens.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
Relationships get bolloxed up when one or both persons put their own needs above that of the relationship itself.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,185 times
I think we make it over complicated, and I blame modern technology's influence on society as the cause of the problem.

The reason being is that everyone, myself included, wants the quick answer to everything. Information and contact to one another is so easily available through the internet, email, and cell phones. Instead of just going with the dating scenario step by step to see where it leads, we're all fast forwarding to figure out exactly what the end result will be. We're always trying to figure out the other person and determine if this is the one we're going to marry.

Expecations are also very high and because of the easy access to new people through technology, it's much easier to pass on one candidate knowing it's very easy to meet another. Options are unlimited. I think a lot of people are so focused on perfection and what the next person can bring them without taking a good look what they have in front of them.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times
If there was only one person on this earth for me, with my luck, he'd be in Uzbekistan.

Relationships are what you make of them. There are certain things that I feel must be in place for my own to be successful (common interests and beliefs, trust, communication, respect, good nookie), but the small stuff is all negotiable. That's what usually complicates matters--when people sweat the small stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships