Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:44 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Some women do of course, but you are working on the assumption that women are going to the club to be social outside the circle they came with.
Yeah, I guess its because most of the women whom I went clubbing with or actually almost every lady I went clubbing with was always looking for a "cutie". Then again, most of them had boyfriends but even the ones who did were always "scoping" and looking for a guy to mess/dance with. So I'm probably just going at it from my point of view. Of course, I know not everyone goes to mingle with others but its not even only about the ladies. Like I said, I'm just saying for the most part people seem to be more in their circle when this is an environment where there are so many new people to experience. BUT I get the point, NOT EVERYONE is like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 12:44 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
You're so gangsta. You seem like you have something against men. Get a life.
Ummm, right. Me, ME...not liking men? Too funny.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I guess you're not clubbing in the Meatpacking District. Last time I was there, I thought I was in Eastern Europe.

Well, I can make an exception for Cielo. It was a VERY European atmosphere when I was there. It was fun.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I don't normally pay a cover to get into a club, although I have in the past. In my area it is around $5 to $15 for the cover for those that have to pay. On a holiday weekend the price can go way up. At my club the cover is $25 on New Years Ever and that is to stand around or keep it on the dance floor. If you want to sit you will pay $50 but it does come with dinner and party favors for the night. Drinks still cost though and yes they cost more on New Years. Lucky me I don't drink. LOL

Old 12-02-2010, 04:43 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Watch the news, the media outlets. There's ALWAYS something to be scared of when you watch American media. Whats bad is good and whats good is bad.
True, the American media makes people, particularly women overly paranoid.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times
Quote:
If you're not going to socialize or mingle with other people in the club?

Me and a friend of mine (who's a lady) were talking about going clubbing/dancing and about socializing with the other club-goers. My friend is very attractive and whenever she steps in the club she draws the attention of every and any guy in the place and is the envy of every lady in the club. The only problem is that she is prudish and standoffish and prefers to only mingle in the club with the people she attends the place with. I know this because her and I have gone clubbing a few times together and are rather close.

I ask her whats the point of going clubbing if she's not going to at least try and mingle with anyone else and have a good time. I'm not talking about hooking up with a guy or girl (though she always scopes out the guys and women and talks about hooking up or taking home someone before we hit the club) but simply possibly meeting a new friend in the process. I understand that there are some creepy, nasty, annoying men who can be predatory and make the women more reserved but of course not all men are like that but this isn't only about women.

I don't know about anyone else but when I go clubbing, I go to get down, have fun, mingle with other people make new friends and if possible I definitely don't mind meeting a lady or hooking up with one too. I'm simply about being around new faces who I'm not familiar with to show them what I got and vice versa. If I'm going to pay 20, 30, 40, 50 or sometimes more depending on the club or venue, you BET I'm going to make the best of it and you BET I'm going to always be mingling with other people.

However, it seems like more and more people more around my age range of like 21-30 years of age seem to be pretty stand offish and only mingle with their circle of friends at clubs. They're either into just their crowd of people or they are on their phones TEXTING of all things. Its annoying to me how like if you try and be friendly, they just blow you off.

Of course not all people are like this but it just seems to be a more and more common thing now at clubs. Instead of people getting together and letting loose they just mess with their inner circle.

Maybe it's just me but either way I want to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I also seem to notice this as well, Lital! I would LOVE to enjoy the nightlife by myself and mingle with fresh faces without feeling like a loner or dummy, but it DOES seem like everyone is involved in their own little cliques. It's quite bothersome. The texting is even worse! Just another reason why, as an information Technology major, I absolutely hate technology sometimes!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
I also seem to notice this as well, Lital! I would LOVE to enjoy the nightlife by myself and mingle with fresh faces without feeling like a loner or dummy, but it DOES seem like everyone is involved in their own little cliques. It's quite bothersome. The texting is even worse! Just another reason why, as an information Technology major, I absolutely hate technology sometimes!
Yeah, the very technology that's supposed to keep us connected, keep us in touch and in the loop of things has also made some of us more distant from each other from what I noticed.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
I would try different clubs out and different neighborhoods. I was in NYC in my 20s and it was soooo different from borough to borough and from the Village/LES to midtown or Chelsea or Meatpacking District. When I was in Reno and Atlantic City it wasn't so closed off. Also club size matters. Experiment until you find the spot for you. Stay away from the pretensious places and look for the people to be emotionally responsive and happy not aloof and angry.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I would try different clubs out and different neighborhoods. I was in NYC in my 20s and it was soooo different from borough to borough and from the Village/LES to midtown or Chelsea or Meatpacking District. When I was in Reno and Atlantic City it wasn't so closed off. Also club size matters. Experiment until you find the spot for you. Stay away from the pretensious places and look for the people to be emotionally responsive and happy not aloof and angry.
Clubs in an area where people seem to be more talkative and friendly would be a plus. Which areas in NYC did you find clubs and the club experience to be the most enjoyable?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Some people just like to go and dance dear .
Or for the music.

I've basically only gone out to places that had karaoke. I'm not out to meet people or dance or drink. I guess I'm going to bars or taverns, and not clubs, because I don't pay more than a buck or two for a soda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships