Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,740,783 times

Advertisements

I have an Ex from a few years ago who asked me to go skiing with her in a couple months. I have no interest in dating her and she is with someone else. We are still casual friends, so we hang out once in a while. I said I would go skiing with her a week ago and we will have to stay the night because it is a few hours away.

I met someone new and will be dating her. I'm seeing us date for a while at least and not just a couple times, given how much we have talked and that we both seem very interested.

So is the ski trip going to be really offensive to the new girl? I won't go if it will cause problems, but in no way do I want anything other than friendship from my Ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 07:44 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I have an Ex from a few years ago who asked me to go skiing with her in a couple months. I have no interest in dating her and she is with someone else. We are still casual friends, so we hang out once in a while. I said I would go skiing with her a week ago and we will have to stay the night because it is a few hours away.

I met someone new and will be dating her. I'm seeing us date for a while at least and not just a couple times, given how much we have talked and that we both seem very interested.

So is the ski trip going to be really offensive to the new girl? I won't go if it will cause problems, but in no way do I want anything other than friendship from my Ex.
I'm gonna go out on a limb, here, and say "probably".

Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
If I were the new person, that'd be the end of seeing you for me.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:59 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,233,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post

Yeah, it more than likely would be. But it also might not. If it were me, I'd just go. I've blown off plans with old friends, ex GFs or otherwise, to please my new GF only to have that new relationship not work out anyways. A handful of times was enough and if the new lady is that insecure, then I wouldn't want to be with any more than she would want me to go.

You need to bring this up with her ASAP. She might be cool with it. She might not be. But, it also might be worse if she found out in the future that at one point in time you were considering it and didn't inform her.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
if the new lady is that insecure
I just "love" this stupid word thrown around all the time! No supposedly single person seeing a new love interest has any business going on trips with old lovers. I'm sure they'd sleep in different rooms and high-five each other, too! Gimme a break!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:07 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just "love" this stupid word thrown around all the time! No supposedly single person seeing a new love interest has any business going on trips with old lovers. I'm sure they'd sleep in different rooms and high-five each other, too! Gimme a break!
Even if they really didn't, the new girl would be thinking they did.

OP, bad idea IMO. She's just a casual friend you hang out with once in a while versus someone you think could be much more.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Even if they really didn't, the new girl would be thinking they did.
I don't care what they do or don't do. Nobody's that hard-up for company for a weekend trip to invite an ex-lover to go with her/him if they don't have ulterior motives.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM

21 posts, read 49,124 times
Quote:
e

LOL right on sierra! Ex means NO LONGER! Which means it's over which means you do nothing with eachother. If i were your GF and you even asked me if I would mind you would have another immediate ex.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,740,783 times
Quote:
I don't care what they do or don't do. Nobody's that hard-up for company for a weekend trip to invite an ex-lover to go with her/him if they don't have ulterior motives.
The Ex is actually married. She lives 1,000s of miles away and husband isn't going to visit with her (to see her parents in the area). A couple she is friends with wants to ski and she probably doesn't want to be a third wheel. It would be totally fine if I wasn't dating anyone. But I can see how new girl would feel bad at the least.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedguy1032 View Post
e

LOL right on sierra! Ex means NO LONGER! Which means it's over which means you do nothing with eachother. If i were your GF and you even asked me if I would mind you would have another immediate ex.
Well, I guess you're also an "insecure" guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships