Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:54 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,872 times

Advertisements

The short answer to your question is yes, I married her... She is still perfect after 25 years, married to her for 19 of those years.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
The short answer to your question is yes, I married her... She is still perfect after 25 years, married to her for 19 of those years.
On the thread someone made asking people's ages, you said you're 72. You didn't get married until 53?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Meeting you was such a powerful event that turned a good girl bad?! Way to go, CD!
I sure hope meeting me was not the reason she went bad. I prefer good girls over bad girls. That's one of the reasons I had a thing for her when she was a good girl.

If anything, I think I would prevent her from going bad. But obviously, something made her go bad.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,822 times
So you know you're perfect for her because you know yourself very well. Is it possible that she knows herself very well and knows you aren't perfect for her?

Basically what I'm saying is that you have to know yourself AND the other person very very well in order to know if you're perfect for each other. And it's pretty impossible to know someone very very well and them not to know you very very well...

Why doesn't what she thinks matter in all this? Why do you think you know what she needs or is perfect for her more than she does?

I think your wants and needs are being put before hers in this scenario even though you think you're doing something for her (being her perfect match).

Old 02-13-2011, 12:15 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That might be something a high school freshman would do, but not a college freshman.
You know I'm gonna say it:
not that much of an age difference!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
So you know you're perfect for her because you know yourself very well. Is it possible that she knows herself very well and knows you aren't perfect for her?

Basically what I'm saying is that you have to know yourself AND the other person very very well in order to know if you're perfect for each other. And it's pretty impossible to know someone very very well and them not to know you very very well...

Why doesn't what she thinks matter in all this? Why do you think you know what she needs or is perfect for her more than she does?

I think your wants and needs are being put before hers in this scenario even though you think you're doing something for her (being her perfect match).
Why is there so much assuming on this thread? Other people are assuming this girl doesn't think she's perfect for me. But she never said her opinion one way or the other. For all we know, she might think she's perfect for me.

But I no longer think she's perfect for me. In fact, I resent her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
You know I'm gonna say it:
not that much of an age difference!
I agree with you on that. A high school freshman and a college freshman is not much of an age difference. However, people mature a lot between 14 and 18.

And you're taking that quote out of context. The point I was trying to make is how a high school freshman boy might be infatuated with a girl just because she gives him attention. But a college freshman boy wouldn't.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Quote:
I sure hope meeting me was not the reason she went bad. I prefer good girls over bad girls. That's one of the reasons I had a thing for her when she was a good girl.

If anything, I think I would prevent her from going bad. But obviously, something made her go bad.
Go bad in your eyes, doesn't mean she is a bad girl. She could be just a normal teen or young adult.

What in your eyes made her go bad?

Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Go bad in your eyes, doesn't mean she is a bad girl. She could be just a normal teen or young adult.

What in your eyes made her go bad?
Shortly after I met her, she said she got drunk once in high school. But she said she never wants to drink again because she doesn't like being unaware of her surroundings.

But now, she's a heavy drinker.

I don't drink so I admired her when I first met her. But now I think less of her.

I also heard her talking about birth control. I overheard her so I don't know the context. Maybe (hopefully) she was talking about someone else. I was talking to another friend so I wasn't paying much attention to this girl's conversation. But when I heard her say birth control, that stood out.

She doesn't have a boyfriend as far as I know (but she doesn't list her relationship status on facebook so that was frustrating when I thought she was perfect for me). So if she had sex, I wonder who she had sex with.

And I don't care what you say. Premarital sex is not just being a normal young adult. It might be the norm these days, but that doesn't make it right. Underage drinking is not right either.

And to make it worse, she's one of those people that seems innocent so you don't expect this out of her.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:

Agreed with you 100% friend (bolded part above). I am truly sorry to hear about her "going bad", that really sux

Old 02-13-2011, 11:59 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
In your and Knight's eyes, it is bad. But it still doesn't mean she's bad. You yourself said you don't know what she was talking about when she mentioned birth control. She could have been discussing girl things like having problems with her monthly and she needs to take birth control to control the bleeding. It could be that someone else is on birth control. It could be that the group she was in was discussing the pros and cons of birth control. Could be anything?

And with drinking, she tried drinking and didn't like it. And you say she's a heavy drinker, who says? Do you actually see her drunk alot or are you hearing someone says she drinks alot?

Both you and Knight are jumping to conclusions about people and assuming too much.

Try to have a more open mind and don't try to judge people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships