Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,632,283 times

Advertisements

Vampires are real, have no doubt.

They walk among us, often looking strikingly average, as if they had just come home from work or we had just met them in the local cafe. But they hide a nasty, dirty little secret - they suck your energy. They HAVE to, to exist.

These vampir live to envelope you in their negative force-field which, much like a black-hole, will prevent you from escaping. They slowly suck the living will out of your body, leaving a limp, sighing shell in their wake.

How do you deal with them? Do you drive a figurative stake through their undead hearts? Do you somehow manage to escape their awesome gravitational pull? Do you throw holy water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,469,435 times
1) Tell them to take from the Universe, not people. and,
2) Shield/protect myself or create a line that pulls from the Universe through me so that when they try to pull on me, they pull on Universal Energy instead.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times
You feed them by engaging them, you starve them by ignoring them. For the ever persistent ones, I kill them with sarcasm.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,747,090 times
I have had many vampires in my life. I have a caring deposition, I am empathetic and a good listener (I know, who would have guessed ), so vampires were very attracted to me. Over the years however, I have learned to guard myself more and not allow people to gain access to me except on a very superficial level. One of the unfortunate side effects is I no longer have close friends, but I was willing to pay that price for my sanity.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
It's one of those things you don't understand unless you've experienced it and I can see that by the previous posts. Some people literally drain your energy and leave you exhausted and listless. I've been unfortunate enough to experience it with one person, but it's not THAT common.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,963,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Vampires are real, have no doubt.

They walk among us, often looking strikingly average, as if they had just come home from work or we had just met them in the local cafe. But they hide a nasty, dirty little secret - they suck your energy. They HAVE to, to exist.

These vampir live to envelope you in their negative force-field which, much like a black-hole, will prevent you from escaping. They slowly suck the living will out of your body, leaving a limp, sighing shell in their wake.

How do you deal with them? Do you drive a figurative stake through their undead hearts? Do you somehow manage to escape their awesome gravitational pull? Do you throw holy water?
First HOW do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it.

Next... you have to make them smile in order to expose their fangs.

Vampires huh?

I am lost for words...

Next.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,330,158 times
Whenever I encounter one and realize my energy levels are starting to deplete, I pull out my trusty "b*tch stake" and it gets rid of them instantly!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,632,283 times
Another thought I had on this topic...

Legend has it that a vampire cannot see themselves in a mirror. In the past I've tried to mirror the energy vampire's actions: reflecting the energy-sucking right back at them. Sucking THEIR energy out.

Unfortunately, they did not "see" themselves in my actions, and continued to blithely suck away.

So, if you're depending upon a mirror to save you, think again...

Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
The Martyr Vampire is typical the most lethal found in one's own family. They are a relative who will suck your energy and your brains out. During an encounter you will feel the urge to ram that stake through your own heart while chanting, "please, kill me now." Usually, this is a relative you cannot get off the telephone which is exactly why they came out with caller ID.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
These are people who refuse to understand one basic fact: Happiness is a decision.

That's not to say that you shouldn't be down when something awful happens to you. But there are people in the ordinary course of life who are so negative, so cynical, angry, so disparaging of others that even the most pleasant things get ruined by their presence.

And before some nitwit comes on here and says, "Well, some people suffer from depression," there is medication for that. There is counseling for that. But that means you have to do something about it. And, what's more, everybody has problems in their lives. Yet there are those who thing that they're the only ones with struggles.

As far as dealing with energy vampires? I avoid them. If somebody cannot recognize themselves as the destroyer of happiness in the room and do something about it, then I can't be bothered to be around them. Life is just too damned short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships