Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 PM

673 posts, read 3,092,154 times

Advertisements

You know I used to believe what is inside person, personality, etc is only thing that really mattered in relationships. I naively thought people wouldn't so easily attracted to something superficial like money. In last year or so I have come to realize how wrong I was.

First thing that happened is related to my friend's girlfriend. He was dating this hot blond he met at bar and thought things were pretty serious. However, she left him for an old man with a lot of money. She is marrying the old guy at a big wedding in Hawaii this month. Guess she was bar to find rich guy and my friend was just her plaything. My friend is still quite depressed about it and I am also sad about this situation.

Second there was this one co worker I never figured out he got cute girls. He really looked ugly (bad teeth, half bald, etc) and was 40+ years old. Yet he managed to get 20 year old girls around my age. He got almost a new girl or two every week! In fact, I swear he had an arrogant personality. In our holiday party he shouted at his lasted girl that he would dump her the moment she got even a bit fatter. Most people were shocked he dared to say that in public and the girl wasn't happy at all. Anyhow, I finally figured out he picked up these girl at some high end private club. Supposedly it costs $500+ per month for men, but basically free for girls. He would just show up there dressed nice and acting rich to pick up new girls as needed!

Now I am not saying money will buy you true love or even love at all. But what it can at least to do is get a hot girl even if you lacking a lot in other departments. Of course, there are many nice girl who aren't attracted to money. However, I have come to the conclusion there are just as many hot gold diggers who chase after money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 08:45 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times
To obtuse and shallow women, it matters. A real woman could give one damn about money. Give a real woman love over money any day of the week. End of story. And if all you care about are "hot golddiggers," do some serious self-examination. Find a pretty women who loves you for who you are, listens to you and has something in common with you.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,354,244 times
yeah, to make sweeping judgements based on a few dingleberries is pretty shallow in my opinion. hasn't this topic been done to death?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:01 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,747,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post

First thing that happened is related to my friend's girlfriend. He was dating this hot blond he met at bar and thought things were pretty serious. However, she left him for an old man with a lot of money. She is marrying the old guy at a big wedding in Hawaii this month. Guess she was bar to find rich guy and my friend was just her plaything. My friend is still quite depressed about it and I am also sad about this situation.

Well, there you go. That's your answer.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:14 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,976 times
I'm a very good looking guy who just happens to make about 17k a year. Always been single. There ya go.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,053,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
I'm a very good looking guy who just happens to make about 17k a year. Always been single. There ya go.
A change of scenery perhaps?... LA is usually viewed as superficial.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:35 PM

673 posts, read 3,092,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Well, there you go. That's your answer.
I do really believe there HOT blond girl who aren't in money. I do happen to know such girls who are very Christian / family oriented. I was hoping my friend actually had managed find such a girl. After, isn't it every guys dream to have caring girl who truly loves him yet is drop dead gorgeous?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
That's two examples. Now what about examples of women who chose love over money? I'm sure you can think of more than a few...

Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
A change of scenery perhaps?... LA is usually viewed as superficial.
I love living here. I also like the fact that I can get by and also do all the things I like to do on almost nothing. Even if I have to forgo any sort of companionship.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,747,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
I do really believe there HOT blond girl who aren't in money. I do happen to know such girls who are very Christian / family oriented. I was hoping my friend actually had managed find such a girl. After, isn't it every guys dream to have caring girl who truly loves him yet is drop dead gorgeous?
that's why I bolded the bar part too. looks doesn't make a woman a gold digger, but it gives them the opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships