Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 PM

19 posts, read 21,040 times

Advertisements

I have fallen for a man who waited for months to tell me that he has a child. We met three months after the child was conceived. He explained that he was getting older and he just wanted a child.

I am so distraught that he waited until I had fallen for him to tell me about this. I feel like he could have spared me a lot of hurt by telling me right away.

I am also extremely disappointed because we click in almost every way. We talk almost every day although I won't allow him to come see me anymore. Whenever I need help with something, he has been there for me. He listens, encourages me, and when I was with him I was happy. I was so happy.

I have really fallen for this one. Ironically, our entire relationship was platonic. We were affectionate, but no sexual. I think that made me fall for him even more.

How do I get over this man? It has been 3 months and I am still very hurt. He invited to come see the baby when it was born, but I just couldn't do it. I did buy the baby some gifts.

Why would he deceive me like this? Sometimes, I wish that he just never even told me the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 06:49 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times
You said platonic

Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,819,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlewonder3 View Post
I have fallen for a man who waited for months to tell me that he has a child. We met three months after the child was conceived. He explained that he was getting older and he just wanted a child.

I am so distraught that he waited until I had fallen for him to tell me about this. I feel like he could have spared me a lot of hurt by telling me right away.

I am also extremely disappointed because we click in almost every way. We talk almost every day although I won't allow him to come see me anymore. Whenever I need help with something, he has been there for me. He listens, encourages me, and when I was with him I was happy. I was so happy.

I have really fallen for this one. Ironically, our entire relationship was platonic. We were affectionate, but no sexual. I think that made me fall for him even more.

How do I get over this man? It has been 3 months and I am still very hurt. He invited to come see the baby when it was born, but I just couldn't do it. I did buy the baby some gifts.

Why would he deceive me like this? Sometimes, I wish that he just never even told me the truth.
Are you guys actually in a relationship, or is this a one-sided love affair? Maybe he didn't tell you because he doesn't realize you feel this way?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM

19 posts, read 21,040 times
No relationship. But in my opinion, even more reason not to hide your child for months.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,394,345 times
To be honest, I don't quite understand the nature of the relationship between you and this man. Is this man single? Who did he conceive the baby with? Was this just a friendship or an emotional type of affair?

I think that he was obviously worried about telling you this, worried that he may lose you in some way, however, hiding the existence of a child is just so....well, I don't want to use the cliche word "wrong", but I can't think of another word and I completely understand why you are so upset.

The fact that he didn't trust your relationship enough, didn't think it was strong enough to handle the child's existence is probably what is so hurtful to you. How do you get over this man? Only with time. The fact that he didn't tell you about something so important is a bad sign and I don't know if I could overlook this. You have to decide how much you value whatever it is you had between you and him.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlewonder3 View Post
No relationship. But in my opinion, even more reason not to hide your child for months.
I don't understand this. Why is it more important for him to tell someone he's not in a relationship with about his child?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I don't understand this. Why is it more important for him to tell someone he's not in a relationship with about his child?
Perhaps she thought that they were so close, or close enough to tell each other everything.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Perhaps she thought that they were so close, or close enough to tell each other everything.
But she is in love with him.

I'm totally confused.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM

48,557 posts, read 34,927,283 times
I'm confused to...

Your friend, who you ended up falling in love with, didn't tell you everything about himself upfront so your upset? But once he realized you had feelings for him he told you?

I'm not sure I fully understand but it sounds reasonable to me, but I'm sorry you're hurt.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
But she is in love with him.

I'm totally confused.
I'm quite confused myself, I need clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships