Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,933,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Thanks for reminding me I have to go deal with the ****** DMV**** next month.
I hate dealing with the court house here. It is never as easy as it should be. Here is worse than in the county I was in. Metal detector are the worst.

It is why I renew my vehicle registration online.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,279,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I hate dealing with the court house here. It is never as easy as it should be. Here is worse than in the county I was in. Metal detector are the worst.

It is why I renew my vehicle registration online.
Oh, don't even get me started on online registration or mail in registration for that matter.

Last year I renewed online and what a HORROR that was. I never saw such a cluster fibble. I had to call them and ask them where my tags were because I was approaching two days before expiration. The woman says it indicates I have paid for them and all that. So, I ask her, "if I get pulled over and they run a check on my plates will my vehicle come up as currently registered?" and she said, "No" I said, 'Even though it says I'm registered where you are sitting?" and she said, "That's correct" I said, it has been 40 days since I took care of this and still don't have them, what exactly is going on?" and she actually told me I could go to the DMV office and pay for new tags. I said, 'Excuse me, but the whole reason I did it online was to avoid going there and also you want me to pay double and wait for you geniuses to figure out I double paid sometime at the end of the year and issue a refund?" And around and around we go.

Needless to say, I ended up at the DMV mad as hell and got tags there anyway or I wouldn't have been able to drive my car. The other ones never did show up in the mail and 7 months later I got a refund check for the initial payment.

I still don't get how the DMV's computer could indicate that my car was, in fact, registered, but if the police ran a check on the plates it would say it wasn't. I got pulled over once for expired tags and the police ran a check on my plates and he said, "You are registered, someone probably just stole your tags off your car - it happens all the time." and he told me for $5 I could get new tags. So, even though I didn't have the tag on the car then, it indicated I was registered. But, under the other situation it wouldn't. GOSH I just LOVE Government run operations.

I foresee another, "I Love Lucy" episode headed my way in a couple weeks.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh, don't even get me started on online registration or mail in registration for that matter.
It must depend on the state... I've never had any trouble with our DMV and have renewed online for years.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It must depend on the state... I've never had any trouble with our DMV and have renewed online for years.
Oh, I'm sure it does depend on the state, I worked for the government here for awhile and it was a disaster area.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,176,167 times
I LOVE our DMV. LOL I know, it sounds crazy - especially in NYC. But seriously, they are so nice; the wait is seldom more than 1/2 hour; it's organized and efficient; and they are in a shopping mall so there's ALWAYS parking. Even better is the online system. In 13 years, I've not had a problem. In fact, I don't know anyone who's had a problem at the one on Staten Island; so much so that my friends in other boroughs come here to hang out with me after they do their minutes at the DMV.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I LOVE our DMV. LOL I know, it sounds crazy - especially in NYC. But seriously, they are so nice; the wait is seldom more than 1/2 hour; it's organized and efficient; and they are in a shopping mall so there's ALWAYS parking. Even better is the online system. In 13 years, I've not had a problem. In fact, I don't know anyone who's had a problem at the one on Staten Island; so much so that my friends in other boroughs come here to hang out with me after they do their minutes at the DMV.
Oh, hush you. The one closest to me is in a little strip mall area too. It's just the whole mass confusion with the whole system that boggles my mind. After all these years you'd think they'd have it together a little better.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,933,727 times
I renewed online for the first time last year. It was really easy. I plan to do the same this year.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times
My DMV is okay, but it's located next to a Chinese takeout place that tried to kill me with sesame chicken.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 AM

17,662 posts, read 22,753,414 times
I renew online my vehicle tags(every 2 years) & my driver's license (every 8 years).

Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 AM

52,446 posts, read 53,001,616 times
I've already crabbed about my dmv horror story, 3 months and a few trips to the dmv to get my damn license renewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships