Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times

Advertisements

Thursday has been slacking in her trivia delivery. Here's what I have learned today:

1. Groundhogs and woodchucks are the same thing.
2. Groundhogs are a type of marmot, or large ground squirrel. (Never really knew what a marmot was.)
3. Prairie dogs are related to groundhogs but not in the same genus.

Now go, my children, with this newfound knowledge and conquer the world.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,279,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Pshh...you're in AZ - you're only supposed to grow tumbleweeds there.
Woman Finds Accidental Success Selling Tumbleweeds Online

Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Thursday has been slacking in her trivia delivery. Here's what I have learned today:

1. Groundhogs and woodchucks are the same thing.
2. Groundhogs are a type of marmot, or large ground squirrel. (Never really knew what a marmot was.)
3. Prairie dogs are related to groundhogs but not in the same genus.

Now go, my children, with this newfound knowledge and conquer the world.
Does that count as 'natural knowledge?'

Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 AM

18,257 posts, read 14,495,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I think so...

Well, the sun is shining here now after it rained all night. It might not be so bad after all. My dad loves to plant stuff and always has plants and shrubs he needs to protect in the winter. He built a small glass box just for the more important ones. Its about 4 ft across, long and high. Perhaps during your lunch hour you can run to Home Depot and try to find something for jasmine. Just an idea, cause you seem really bummed about it.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I've seen some very cool tumbleweed art! Even considered buying something once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Well, the sun is shining here now after it rained all night. It might not be so bad after all. My dad loves to plant stuff and always has plants and shrubs he needs to protect in the winter. He built a small glass box just for the more important ones. Its about 4 ft across, long and high. Perhaps during your lunch hour you can run to Home Depot and try to find something for jasmine. Just an idea, cause you seem really bummed about it.
I'll probably cover them with old sheets this week (they're vines), even though it's a PITA. Oh, well, whatever their fate is...

Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,671,999 times
Quote:

That's so cool!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
That's so cool!
I read a story about her years ago in a People Magazine at the doctor's office. They had pictures of her and her kids chasing these tumbleweeds.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,671,999 times
Quote:
I read a story about her years ago in a People Magazine at the doctor's office. They had pictures of her and her kids chasing these tumbleweeds.
You could say she really made a tumbleweed connection...

Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,603,499 times
Quote:
Yep, we're bracing for impact here. The schools are letting out early because it's supposed to hit this afternoon.

You know what I hope we get? Thundersnow. I've heard of it but never seen it.
I heard you guys were going to get slammed (assuming you're in the Chicago area?). You're under a blizzard warning now, aren't you? And thundersnow is really kind of cool, unless it spawns super nasty weather. Kenosha County, WI (not too far north of the IL border) got a tornado in February a few years back. Crazy weather!
Quote:
It's 15 degrees here right now.
We're hovering right around 32 - which leaves the door wide open for the mixed precipitation :/
Quote:
Yeah, here in Pennsy we'll get sloppy seconds from you guys. We're probably not even opening tonight, because the 2" we've already got is freezing up, only to be followed by a few more inches and then sleet and freezing rain tonight.

Yay winter.
I'm pretty sure I told Thursday to keep the weather there for awhile and not let it get to PA. Doesn't look like she's done that for us

Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Yep, we're bracing for impact here. The schools are letting out early because it's supposed to hit this afternoon.

You know what I hope we get? Thundersnow. I've heard of it but never seen it.
Oh, I've heard it and seen it and if it wasn't for these giant maple trees that are the size of redwoods in my backyard it probably wouldn't worry me so much. Thundersnow is really freaky and my one dog hates thunder. But they did say possible tornados so who knows you might get your chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships