Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times

Advertisements

I have friends that have had office romance. They got married,and no problems

Have you had workplace romance?

Did it work out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I have friends that have had office romance. They got married,and no problems

Have you had workplace romance?

Did it work out?
Met at work, married, worked together for 8 years (same department but management kept us at opposite ends of the floor). Coming up on our 21st wedding anniversary

Basic rule for success: keep your two worlds separate. If you have a squabble at home, put on your professional face and treat one another like respected coworkers when you punch in. Whatever stress happens at work, leave it there.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:01 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
I've had a couple. The last one, I married. We always behaved when we were at work together...I think it was after a year or so that I quit and went to work at a job closer to home, just because the commute was too long for me.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Yes, I have - and no, it didn't. I should have listened to the midnight ramblings and seen the skunk stripes that were right in front of my eyes...oh well ....another valuable lesson learned!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM

21 posts, read 103,106 times
Yes I have....three times.

First was just sex and nothing else. It never really evolved into anything else.

Second turned into a 4 year relationship.....we ended up as just friends

the current one turned out to be my soulmate and we have been together for almost three years and also work together.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
True story...I once dated a man from work who told me not to tell anyone because he was "misunderstood" and people liked to gossip. So I kept quiet for a few months until one day the person next to me started joking about her "secret" boyfriend. I prodded her and guess what? Same boyfriend...she laughed and I cried and we both later found out he was dating...not two, but ten women in our company....thin, fat, no teeth, black, white, old, young, didn't matter.

Major NPD sociopath.....he moved on to ruin some more women's lives at another company...5 children by 4 women...a couple are bankrupt because he convinced them to finance expensive motorcycles and then left them. We also found out (with solid proof) that he is bisexual leaning toward homosexual.

Many of us have become friends in the ordeal. We are all waiting for him to die so that we can either go on Oprah or write a book, lol.

This guy and my ex-husband both ruined men for me. I'd rather be alone. If I ever do find a great guy to share my life, I hope he doesn't mind a criminal background check and a candid talk with all of his ex's.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 PM

109 posts, read 436,298 times
Default Yes.

I would say that most affairs start at the workplace.

I am currently involved with a guy at work, different building, different department... we texted everyday and every evening.

He's married so the only time we can get together is during the day.

I also got involved I think one more time at work... that was a fling with a much younger guy.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picassine View Post
I would say that most affairs start at the workplace.

I am currently involved with a guy at work, different building, different department... we texted everyday and every evening.

He's married so the only time we can get together is during the day.

I also got involved I think one more time at work... that was a fling with a much younger guy.
That probably takes the boredom out of the office work

Old 08-11-2007, 04:04 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
I'm surrounded by guys at work. It ain't happening! Besides...I'm at work. I have no time for shenanigans!

Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'm surrounded by guys at work. It ain't happening! Besides...I'm at work. I have no time for shenanigans!
Good for you!!!

Any guys meeting other guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships