Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
I just realized this topic was NOT supposed to include the bosses. My bad, sorry, I just misread that title last night I guess....
Yes....I was a bit hesitant too, to mention my boss.
But, when the romance started, HE WASN'T my boss, but got later promoted....LOL.
THAT'S why I had decided to mention it.....
BTW...I personally think, that a romance with your BOSS is way trickier to "juggle", then just a "co-worker".
Not only because of the "scandal", but, what do some do, when you break if off.......huh.
Worse case....losing the job.....

Last edited by MB2; 08-13-2007 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 11:11 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
I just realized this topic was NOT supposed to include the bosses. My bad, sorry, I just misread that title last night I guess....
LOL.. Way to go dear, and I think that deserves a go to your room!

Okay, to the topic; Being romantically involved with somebody you work with can open up a can of worms, especially these days. About 8 years ago, one of the guys at this company I worked at was courting this gal, who also worked there, and from what we saw, things were going pretty good between them. But things turned sour all of the sudden and he was asked to not have any contact with her, unless there was business-related reason. From what we heard, they both had a major disagreement and she filed a sexual harrasement or some similar complaint against him, and of course, so many rumors started flying around the company. If I remember correctly, the company at the time updated their policies regarding employees and romantic relationships.

That's why in my opinion, such relationships are not a good idea.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:38 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Hey,want to talk about your boss go ahead,I thought you guys were not comfortable talking about the boss,it's all good!
As long as there is a positive and negative balance, we are only human,that's why life is so interesting!

Old 08-13-2007, 04:18 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,142 times
I had an office fling with the girl who sits across from me, and honestly, it was a terrible idea. The relationship was a lust over love situation, and after a few months it fizzled out. Now, we can't even stomach to look at one another let alone talk to each other.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I had an office fling with the girl who sits across from me, and honestly, it was a terrible idea. The relationship was a lust over love situation, and after a few months it fizzled out. Now, we can't even stomach to look at one another let alone talk to each other.
maybe she is your soul mate sitting across from you.Maybe you guys were supposed to be lovers and this lifetime you needed to solve a problem

Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picassine View Post
I would say that most affairs start at the workplace.

I am currently involved with a guy at work, different building, different department... we texted everyday and every evening.

He's married so the only time we can get together is during the day.

I also got involved I think one more time at work... that was a fling with a much younger guy.
He is married..... yea maybe i shouldn't say anything at all.....goodnight all

Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
maybe she is your soul mate sitting across from you.Maybe you guys were supposed to be lovers and this lifetime you needed to solve a problem
The only problem I need solved is to find a way to stop hearing her yell at her daddy because the 2 million dollar loft he bought her in SoHo is too drafty. I am looking at her now and I want to gouge my eyes out.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,372 times
we met at work. both married. i was on my way to a separation with current spouse, he's just gotten married... as in two weeks earlier.

2 years later, I'm now 1 year separated, he's filing for separation and we are still very much together.

terrific sex, intellectually compatible, and soul mates.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:10 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
No, it goes against my own personal belief to do so.....

I don't think it is good practice.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, it goes against my own personal belief to do so.....

I don't think it is good practice.
Good for you! plus you will never forget and feel stupid after a couple of years after it happend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships