Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:55 PM

343 posts, read 524,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
That's a valid point but women will chase a man who puts them down or is a d*ck to them. For example, a man can make a woman want to earn his approval by putting her down. For example, a man can walk up to 3 girls at a bar and ignore the one he really is attracted to while opening up conversation with the other two.<b> And when the girl he really wants tries to join the conversation or say something, the man can easily put her down in front of her friends by saying something like "Is she always like that?" And that will generate a few light hearted laughs all the while planting a seed in the woman's head that the man is really after. She is now on a kamikaze mission to seek his approval. </b>

I'm not saying that works all the time but it works every day all across the world.

If you want a woman whose ego is validated only by a man, then good luck because you'll need it. That is an insecure dumbazz with no concept of dignity or self-respect. So you are trying to be a player because this is what players do. Just go for the insecure 'hot' chick who has no brain. You are not a 'nice guy', just jealous. This site sums it up quite nicely: http://www.heartless-*******.com/ran...uys/coin.shtml

Last edited by Donna in AZ; 01-08-2011 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 11:27 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,770,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Do you believe that is a double standard? Guys are usually willing to help girl friends in that manner; simply for the sake of friendship.
To be completely honest, the truth is, I guess I wouldn't really know, about guy friends helping their female friends, to find romance. For the past 15 or so years, I have my full efforts into friendships / dating / relationships with only females; haven't really been hanging out even as pals, with many guys for years now. I had 1 bff male friend who I go back years with as a buddy, but yes, he tried as best he could, to help me in the past.

For example, for a semi-formal school dance, he let me go to the dance with his girlfriend at the time, platonically of course, so that I wouldn't have to go alone, or not go at all. I have always deeply and genuinely admired him, for that gesture of kindness and friendship.

ETA: one lesson I've learned though, the hard way, is *never*, *never* mix, friendship and love, with a girl! You'll only get heartbroken and/or lose her friendship, in the end. If you love her romantically...pursue her romantically, only. If she's just a friend to you, *only* be a friend to her. Don't mix both though...a losing combination, any way you cut it.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
That's a valid point but women will chase a man who puts them down or is a d*ck to them. For example, a man can make a woman want to earn his approval by putting her down. For example, a man can walk up to 3 girls at a bar and ignore the one he really is attracted to while opening up conversation with the other two. And when the girl he really wants tries to join the conversation or say something, the man can easily put her down in front of her friends by saying something like "Is she always like that?" And that will generate a few light hearted laughs all the while planting a seed in the woman's head that the man is really after. She is now on a kamikaze mission to seek his approval.

I'm not saying that works all the time but it works every day all across the world.
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,681,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Unfortunately, I think there must be something about you that makes you difficult to match with someone else. You seem to have pretty high standards and have difficulty meeting women who interest you. Your friends may be sympathetic but not know anyone they think you would like. It would be pointless to fix you up with someone if they felt it wouldn't go well.

I dated a guy for close to six years. We were engaged to be married. It did not work out between us but we parted as friends. A few years later I fixed him up with a girl I worked with because they both surfed and loved to travel. They dated for four years.

I think all you can assume is that, for whatever reason, your female friends don’t know anyone who they feel would be a good fit for you.
You may be being overly judgmental by blaming the person instead of the situation; since, it could have just as easily have been a situation with a less altruistic girl friend.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

276 posts, read 433,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
but they are hard to find.
Incorrect.
Hell most of time the guy they're looking for is right in front of them

Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
It is not exaggerated, just misunderstood. My female "just friends" have an innate urge to hook me up I always decline which oddly only adds fuel to the fire. That being said, I would never outright ask them if they knew anyone that I could hook up with.
You seem to be implying that you can't be "upfront" with a (girl) friend; is that what friendship is about?

Quote:
A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud.
* Ralph Waldo Emerson, in "Friendship" in Essays, First series (1841)

Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,484,002 times
They say they want a nice guy. But actions speak louder than words. Their actions tell a different tale.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
ETA: one lesson I've learned though, the hard way, is *never*, *never* mix, friendship and love, with a girl! You'll only get heartbroken and/or lose her friendship, in the end. If you love her romantically...pursue her romantically, only. If she's just a friend to you, *only* be a friend to her. Don't mix both though...a losing combination, any way you cut it.
You may not be differentiating between sex and love. Are you being ambiguous on purpose?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time!
Does that make is simpler for women to not have to guess a guy's true intentions?

Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM

Are nice girls being themselves only when a nice guy leaves the room; or is it only bad girls that are more upfront about it and then waiting for a nice guy to leave the room?

Nice guys usually want women to confide in their sincerity, that is why they practice being sincere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships