Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,424,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
How did you reach your conclusion and opinion? Consider that most women feel entitled to return privileges when sex is involved; and, many guys pay women for sex, for the "right" to ask them to leave.

Are you claiming that some women are so lacking in confidence that they may have to resort to forms of deception for a relationship instead of simply acknowledging our human sexuality in modern times and developing better coping skills and better relating and relationship skills?

Why do you believe that women have less chance of a relationship if they have return privileges?
I'm talking about how *I* feel about relationships and sex. I don't think that seeking out relationships based on sex is very healthy. I wouldn't do it and I would think that someone who does do so is not the type of person I'd respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,481,906 times
I have a feeling that these women are meeting men who are pretending to be that good guy in the beginning. They are then in a relationship with the man, have fallen in love with the person he is not when his true colors emerge.

Friends, this has happened to me more than once. I then find myself in an emotionally abusive type of relationship. I have had two 'big' relationships in my life, here at the age of 37. I was with my husband for 17 years, to include our four year engagement. I was then in a relationship with a man fo0r nearly 2 years on and off once. I felt freedom when I was away from my exhusband. My life felt good. then I met this other man and things were a whirlwind. Everything was new and exciting. It felt nothing like what I had with my exdh.

The first three months felt like.... a dream. A fantasy. It felt like it could not be more perfect.

Mr. Cat or someone posted something like the red flag of an emotionally abusive relationship on here a few months ago.

I looked at that thing, and it was after having been in this relationship more than a year.

He met all but about three of them.

Do I attract these men? I don't know.
Do I want a nice man? A good guy? Of course I do.

Do I think I have finally found him after all of these years of living? Yes I do.

Did I go over that red flag thing before going into it? Yes I did. I felt terrible over doing it, because I know that finally I have found someone not like that list, but I did not want to make any mistakes... not again.

Now I have found a wonderful man. A nice man. A good guy. Now I have found true happiness, like none before.

I think I had to learn all of those lessons down the road to be able to get to where I am now, and they were hard lessons. Some people warned me but I did not listen. I had to learn it on my own.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,686,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
It's a relationship. But not a relationship in which you truly care about her.
Are you implying that even nice guys don't care about their friends?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
There's no such thing as safe sex, just safer sex. Abstinence is the only 100% effective method. It's possible to get pregnant as a result of safe sex.
It may be possible, but much less likely if safe sex practices are used. What about the concept of practice making perfect? If you read some more of the posts, some women imply that "nice" guys are sadly lacking in those skills which so attract them to bad boys.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Religion has nothing to do with me being a virgin. I'm afraid to have sex.
Why, especially if you are a nice guy?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm talking about how *I* feel about relationships and sex. I don't think that seeking out relationships based on sex is very healthy. I wouldn't do it and I would think that someone who does do so is not the type of person I'd respect.
Why do you feel that way? Have you read the current divorce statistics? Why do people cheat if it is not about sex, or something lacking in a relationship?

From my perspective, a relationship usually involves sex; so what is wrong with wanting sex for a relationship? Consider that most guys don't have women always lying to them for sex. I could understand your point of view better, if women were in the habit of lying to us for sex, instead of a relationship.

In my opinion, you may be being overly judgmental concerning something that is usually considered natural, in the animal kingdom.

Here is something I found that supports my contention and opinion:

http://www.womensinfidelity.com/

Last edited by danielpalos; 01-10-2011 at 10:49 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,505,226 times
Quote:
Are you implying that even nice guys don't care about their friends?
No. I'm saying you care about her as a friend, but you don't care enough to be more than friends. You just view her as a friend to have sex with. It makes me wonder...if it weren't for the sex, would you even be friends?

Quote:
Why, especially if you are a nice guy?
I never want kids. I don't want to take the risk.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 AM

380 posts, read 798,778 times
Quote:
I never want to have children. There are ways to make sure that doesnt happen. Do you plan on remaining a virgin forever?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
No. I'm saying you care about her as a friend, but you don't care enough to be more than friends. You just view her as a friend to have sex with. It makes me wonder...if it weren't for the sex, would you even be friends?

I am not sure I understand your point of view; I hope to be able to friends with any woman I am in a relationship with; is that "wrong"?
Quote:
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
Are you claiming I shouldn't try to be a friend with a woman I am in a relationship with? Stereotyping does not usually help understand any given situation better.

Have you considered a vasectomy?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,433,556 times
Quote:
I am not sure I understand your point of view; I hope to be able to friends with any woman I am in a relationship with; is that "wrong"? Are you claiming I shouldn't try to be a friend with a woman I am in a relationship with? Stereotyping does not usually help understand any given situation better.

Have you considered a vasectomy?
He's talking about being just platonic friends, which means no expectations for sex. I don't know why you can't do that. You don't need a friend to "teach" you how to have sex if you think that is your problem. But if you can be friends with the opposite sex, you can easily have a romantic relationship with them too, but not likely to be the one you're friends with. Just that you'll be able to have a romantic relationship with a woman, generally speaking. To me, sex is an animalistic act, everything happens instinctively so if you think you're not very good in bed, your instincts must be off, or you're just sexually incompatible with whoever you're boning at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships