Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I'm not saying people should be forced into abortions. I'm saying if you don't want a baby, you should get an abortion. You'd be doing yourself a favor . Why is this so hard for you to understand?
Why is it so hard for you to understand that abortion is simply not an option for many people?

Quote:
I guess I have a hard time understanding how someone could be pro-life but also not want a baby. One of the reasons I support abortion is because I hate babies. I believe if someone truly doesn't want a baby, they would be pro-choice.
I'm not pro-life. You hate babies? Nice. Yeah, seriously dude, keep it in your pants with *that* attitude.

Quote:
I heard child support is half your salary. Maybe that's not true. But that's not the point. The point is the man loses money to a woman he hates to pay for a baby he never wanted.
What you heard is not right. The point is that the woman suffers much more for this than the man does. And if he didn't want to paid child support, he shouldn't have had sex.

Quote:
If I was ever put in that scenario (which I won't since I don't have sex), I would most definitely walk out on her. Paying child support is better than actually having to deal with raising the baby (along with paying for the baby). Although I don't want to do either.

What?! You are saying you'd walk out on YOUR child? Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Seeing as I didn't know what a hysterectomy was until today, I can't name one person that ever happened to.

Here's a better analogy. Doctors can give a vasectomy and say it was successful, but the vasectomy can fail eventually.

Newsflash: You cannot carry a baby without a uterus. OMG.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is bonkers. How do you hope to have a relationship with a woman, even one without intercourse, if you think that she could be deceitful and trying to trap you? Your fear goes way, way beyond fear of pregnancy. Now you think women and doctors are liars?
No, that's not what I'm implying at all. And men can lie too.

I read a story about a girl that purposely stopped taking birth control without telling her boyfriend. Now that's just evil. That story got me wondering what other measures women will go to in order to get pregnant.

And I'm not even saying she would try to trap me into pregnancy. But trapping me into sex could lead to pregnancy.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
This is exactly the point I've been trying to get across. I'm not willing to take responsibility for a surprise pregnancy. Therefore, I don't have sex. At least I know what I want (or in this case, what I don't want).
I think you are setting yourself up for regret, pain, loneliness and heartache with this attitude.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Seeing as I didn't know what a hysterectomy was until today, I can't name one person that ever happened to.

Here's a better analogy. Doctors can give a vasectomy and say it was successful, but the vasectomy can fail eventually.
A hysterectomy is a procedure where the woman's uterus is removed, and sometimes the ovaries. There is nowhere for the egg (if there is one) to be fertilized or implant. I have never heard of a woman becoming pregnant after a hysterectomy but that is why God made the internet. Or talk to a real doctor!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
No, that's not what I'm implying at all. And men can lie too.

I read a story about a girl that purposely stopped taking birth control without telling her boyfriend. Now that's just evil. That story got me wondering what other measures women will go to in order to get pregnant.

And I'm not even saying she would try to trap me into pregnancy. But trapping me into sex could lead to pregnancy.
I have never heard of a woman bribing a doctor to lie about a hysterectomy to trap a guy into having sex with her. Women don’t need to trap a guy for sex. We just go have sex with someone else.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why is it so hard for you to understand that abortion is simply not an option for many people?

I'm not pro-life. You hate babies? Nice. Yeah, seriously dude, keep it in your pants with *that* attitude.

What you heard is not right. The point is that the woman suffers much more for this than the man does. And if he didn't want to paid child support, he shouldn't have had sex.

What?! You are saying you'd walk out on YOUR child? Unbelievable.
Why is abortion not an option for many people? It's legal. I don't know how much it costs, but a lot of poor people get them.

If the woman doesn't want the baby and she doesn't get an abortion, there's always adoption. There's no reason for a woman to keep a baby she doesn't want.

Yes, I'd walk out. I never want a baby and I would resent the mother for keeping the baby.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Newsflash: You cannot carry a baby without a uterus. OMG.
Here's to hoping that one day technology could fix that. That will be the next step in sexual liberation.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have never heard of a woman bribing a doctor to lie about a hysterectomy to trap a guy into having sex with her. Women don’t need to trap a guy for sex. We just go have sex with someone else.
Not to mention how much would a woman have to pay an OBGYN to stake his license and reputation on lying about a hysterectomy?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Here's to hoping that one day technology could fix that. That will be the next step in sexual liberation.
Oh Lord, you're going to scare the boy all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships