Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 08:33 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,851,536 times

Advertisements

What are you priorities as far as relationships goes?
Do you want to get married? Have kids(s)?
What kind of guys are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM

37,742 posts, read 46,207,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I was 30 when I met the guy I eventually married...not sure my priorities were any different than any other female. I didn't even want kids at that time, but I'm pretty sure I was looking for marriage-minded men...good, kind-hearted, reliable, steady, self-supporting...nothing unique I don't think.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I was 30 when I met the guy I eventually married...not sure my priorities were any different than any other female. I didn't even want kids at that time, but I'm pretty sure I was looking for marriage-minded men...good, kind-hearted, reliable, steady, self-supporting...nothing unique I don't think.
Where do you stand now?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,490,389 times
I was 36 when I met the man I married at 39, I have no children.

I dated enough men to know what I was looking for in a mate, and there came a time when that checklist I had was doused with gasoline, lit with a flame and burned (I think I was 30 - by clearing away that "preconceived" idea I had about my mate I found the best man for me).

It took a year of soul searching for me peel away the outside superficial nonsense and get to the heart of what my core values as a woman are to understand what I could bring to a relationship - I had to nurture myself first before I could find my mate - (or before the powers that be allowed him to find his way into my life).

Old 01-12-2011, 05:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,360,978 times
i'm 37, and was married once in my twenties, and i have no kids, so i almost fit that.

i would love to have children and admit to feeling pangs when i look at my other friends who have families, but i have had so many adventures all over america and fulfilled so many dreams that when i DO have children, i will be more than ready for it, at least emotionally. there is that little detail of finding a guy worth settling down with, but i feel like i am in better shape than i have ever been, and that whoever gets me next is getting a whole person. i couldn't have said that in the past. my thirties have rocked, and i imagine my forties will get even better. i hope to find someone to share the ride with. if not, i will adopt. : )

Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,360,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I was 36 when I met the man I married at 39, I have no children.

I dated enough men to know what I was looking for in a mate, and there came a time when that checklist I had was doused with gasoline, lit with a flame and burned (I think I was 30 - by clearing away that "preconceived" idea I had about my mate I found the best man for me).

It took a year of soul searching for me peel away the outside superficial nonsense and get to the heart of what my core values as a woman are to understand what I could bring to a relationship - I had to nurture myself first before I could find my mate - (or before the powers that be allowed him to find his way into my life).
i tried to rep you but apparently i have been repping you previously and i got that "spread it around" warning.

great words. sometimes i get impatient but since ending my last relationship i have taken up ballet again, gotten more into my creativity, and while it gets a bit lonely and i sometimes pine for "what could i have been if he hadn't been so dysfunctional" i know that the time i am putting into myself is ultra important right now. i like the point about what YOU bring to the relationship- instead of making a list of demands and carving a mold he has to fit into. instead, work out your own head, get your own knots untangled, because the perfect person for you is simply the person you could be if you loved yourself fully.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,560,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I'm not married, although I am in a relationship (so I'm not looking for any guy). I don't rule out getting married at some point (just for the sake of doing it), but since we're already living together (and have been doing so for a while) and both being financially independent, we don't think it's necessary in our case. It would be a very private thing, in any case, if it ever happens.

I don't want kids. I don't think I'd be what I consider a suitable mother/parent, and I don't want that sort of responsibility anyway. I'm surrounded by my friends' and relatives' children and that's enough for me.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Everyone was once married here. We still don't have anyone that meets me critieria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships