Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:53 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times

Advertisements

Do you have a moment? Have you EVER had a moment? Several?

"Need a moment? Grab a Twix©!"

and

"A moment, Sir William, please!"

Bogie and Bacall had their moments on-screen and off. I've had my moments in public and in private. I never knew they were coming until they hit me full-force.

Have you ever had a moment where time stands still? Whether in a relationship, or perhaps a sudden life-changing event? Romantic moment, physical moment, METAphysical moment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Yep, just had a moment again - at 6:53 my time!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yep, just had a moment again - at 6:53 my time!
Wow - you're a time-traveler, too?

Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Whether in a relationship
Yeah. I thought I had a soul connection; in reality a vampire was draining me.

Of course, there have been other initial moments of this nature...

As far as others, one day I woke up in a very light and peaceful mood after having some dream about my Mom. The whole day it seemed like everything was going my way... really the feeling of having a guardian angel... maybe she was visiting...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:24 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
Hrmmm.... I have had surreal moments when I feel like the world does not exist and I am not really me. And those moments when you lose 2 hours of time in a sleep-deprived daze. But I'm not quite sure that is what you are talking about.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,422 times
I'm not sure if they qualify as "moments", but I've had a couple of romantic encounters that felt so magical, that I wasn't aware of my surroundings or even that several hours had passed.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:

Have you ever had a moment where time stands still? Whether in a relationship, or perhaps a sudden life-changing event? Romantic moment, physical moment, METAphysical moment...

Yes. All of those. But I am debating in my mind to or not discuss the meta physical/ spiritual experiences (had a couple) because it was personal and wonder if I might be breaking the trust or bond between me and the power that be by discussing it. On the other hand I discussing it might be beneficial to someone else possibly. Let me ponder that.

On a lighter note busting a nut is always a time stopping experience which time stops almost everyday for me

Ok one "meta physical" I think experience I'll tell. Years ago I was going to sleep on my couch. The house was completely silent. I suddenly heard like it was from a distance yet still directly in my ear the sound of a classical guitar playing. I was not asleep. I looked at the stereo and it was not on. I doubled checked. I thought I might be dreaming that I was awake but I determined I was not sleeping, getting sleepy yes but not sleeping.

Suddenly as I lay there I heard the voice of my step mother who had died a few years earlier. Now for those of you who know someone you haven't seen or heard in years, you remember their voice but really you don't 100%. I heard her voice and it sounded like she was right in front of me and I thought about how it sounded so strange to really hear her voice again and how I had forgot. I checked again in doubt but I was really awake still. I don't remember everything she said but clearly I remember her telling me "the power is in your hands". After that it all went silent again. I laid there for ten minutes after wondering what just happened. If all people I wondered why I would experience her because we were never specially close. I still don't really understand what I was being "told".

BTW what I was "told" even though I don't understand what it really meant and even though I am into guitar and heard a guitar at first I had a good sense what I was being told had nothing to do with guitar, but some other aspect in life.....I think, I dunno.

Last edited by lionking; 01-04-2011 at 08:19 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Hrmmm.... I have had surreal moments when I feel like the world does not exist and I am not really me. And those moments when you lose 2 hours of time in a sleep-deprived daze. But I'm not quite sure that is what you are talking about.
If those are two separate moments, I would say the first qualifies; the second, not so much.

As for ghost stories - I'm not ashamed of sharing mine since it most definitely was a "moment". One that will stay with me, whatever the cause of it.

I was living in Venice Beach (CA) when I received a call that my mother had had a series of strokes and wasn't expected to last. I caught a red-eye and got to the hospital in NY just in time to say my goodbyes - she was that bad.

Went back to my childhood home, where my two older brothers still lived. They had their own bedrooms so I ended up in Mom's room.

Fell asleep. Then something woke me up - not sure what. I turned to look at the old Westclox Big Ben clock on the bedside table - 4:20 AM.

Turned and sat up looking forward, and there was my Mom standing at the foot of the bed, in front of the mirrored dresser.

I looked at her and I remember giving myself mental commands to check for lucid dreaming - nope. Fully awake. Hairs on back of neck standing up. Mom didn't say or do anything - she just stood there for a minute, then just wasn't there anymore.

Get a phone call from the hospital at around 5:30 AM - Mom had passed. I asked what the time of death was.

4:20 AM.

That's just ONE occurrence of many, some taking place to this day at my work.

Moments.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
Quote:
Turned and sat up looking forward, and there was my Mom standing at the foot of the bed, in front of the mirrored dresser.

I looked at her and I remember giving myself mental commands to check for lucid dreaming - nope. Fully awake. Hairs on back of neck standing up. Mom didn't say or do anything - she just stood there for a minute, then just wasn't there anymore.

Get a phone call from the hospital at around 5:30 AM - Mom had passed. I asked what the time of death was.

4:20 AM.
Wow, that is chilling. Something similar happened to my mom when her dad passed away, but I doubt the timing was so exact.

How do you check for lucid dreaming? I need to develop this skill since my dream/awakefulness states are so messed up. Many scary moments there.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Default Having a senior moment

Becoming more frequent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships