Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 11:16 PM

9 posts, read 14,969 times

Advertisements

i need some one sheer me my sad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before five years i marry hem i was 34 years and he 38 he was before me he was marry 2 times alreaday he have 5 kids 3 girls and 2 boys and after that i born 3 kids
when he marry me hes tell me more butiful thing can i imagine i can heard it hes give me all my dream but after married i see hem cleerly
what can i do nothing am just stay quite and cry without any word
in my country the woman she cannot complain beacuse she have kids he take
third night after my married i heard hem talk with his girl friend what can i do nothing hes broke my heart day by day i see hem more cleerly

am sorry before i write my story i,ll ask if i can do this or not
beacuse am her in usa like the presonar since sex month am not leaving my apt
i just go to the hospital born my baby and go the hosptal after that 2 or three time to sighn paper

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
If you're in the United States now I think that US laws apply to you. If you're in a big city, try to find a place that helps battered women. Even if your spouse is not hitting you, that's going to be your best bet for getting some good legal advice about your rights. Good luck to you.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,396,459 times
It is clear that you are very unhappy in your marriage and that the life you have right now, is not what you were expecting. I think the best thing you can do, if not to end the marriage, is to prepare for the possibility of doing so in the somewhat near-future. I'm not quick to advocate giving up on a marriage, especially as I don't know all the specifics to your situation, but you deserve to have a happy marriage, to have a husband who treats you with respect, and to feel worthy as a wife, a mother and a human being.

I know things are very difficult for you with three young children. Raising three children under the age of five years old is an incredibly difficult task which leaves you with very little time for anything else. However, I would recommend that you devote whatever little amount of free time you have whether it be now or in the future when the children enroll in school, to learning as much English as possible. There are generally free services offered either at community centers or public libraries or places of worship or elsewhere. Ask around and do some searches on the internet. In the meantime, there are online guides as well that you can use, and I'd recommend watching as much English-language television and reading websites and newspapers as possible. The reason I advocate putting so much effort into learning English is because if in the future, you do decide to end the marriage, you will need to find a job to support yourself and your family, and English-language fluency is a near must for getting employment. This is assuming that you plan to stay in the U.S. however. Speaking of which, do you have any friends or extended family here that can help out, or are they all back in Jordan?

You mentioned having been trapped in your apartment since your arrival in the U.S. Is this because your husband does not allow you to leave, or is it because you are simply too busy with your children to leave? If there is an issue of abuse, I definitely recommend contacting a women's shelter or a battered women's hotline. It is possible that you may not be able to convey all that you want to in English at the moment, so mention to these women your situation and that you are a new immigrant whose primary language is Arabic, and they may be able to direct you to someone who could be of some assistance, whether that be in providing legal or translation help, or whether it just is having someone to listen to you.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,403,121 times
Call Catholic Services. They will give you advice about your rights. I taught ESL to a Russian mail order bride who was having some problems and everyone said Catholic Services is a great service. You'd find there are lots of people who care. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships