Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times

Advertisements

Here's the way I see it. If I ask a girl out on a date, as in I ask a girl to do something with me even though we may not know each other well, I'll offer to pay. She'll probably say "oh no, let me pay." I'll insist once more, and if she says "come on let me pay" again then we split it. Otherwise I'll cover it. I'd expect about the same if a woman asked me out under the same kind of conditions.

Once you're going steady I think it makes sense to just split everything. I'm not the god damned welfare office and if you think you're gonna never ever have to pay for anything when we're out together, then pack your stuff and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

With friends, even female friends, we just pay for our own stuff.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Would you say that to women who complain because men don't pay for their dinners/wine, entertainment, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Good question! Sierra???
Sure. I wouldn't go. Obviously, even though I may have somewhat decent judgment, I can't possibly predict how a first date would go. However, if somebody decides to pull such a cheap number on me (yet to happen), I can tell you with 100% certainty that would be the last he saw of me. I may make many mistakes, but I don't do cheap wusses whose only claim to masculinity is their chromosome make-up.

Oh, btw, good luck shopping abroad with this attitude, too! I AM a foreigner, just in case somebody is unaware!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:50 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sure. I wouldn't go. Obviously, even though I may have somewhat decent judgment, I can't possibly predict how a first date would go. However, if somebody decides to pull such a cheap number on me (yet to happen), I can tell you with 100% certainty that would be the last he saw of me. I may make many mistakes, but I don't do cheap wusses whose only claim to masculinity is their chromosome make-up.

Oh, btw, good luck shopping abroad with this attitude, too! I AM a foreigner, just in case somebody is unaware!
Ooh, can I join the club? I'm a product of foreigners, does that count?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
As for pressures on men and none on women...are you kidding? All a man has to do is be a gentleman, take care of himself somewhat, be romantic and I guess provide for us a little..women have to look hot all the time and have sex with you whenever you want it
Nope, you don’t have to. It’s not like the guy asks to have sex and you go “Oh, ok. What time? what place?”. Looking hot? As if guys can be fine taking you for dinner/wine wearing flip flops and their favorite band T-shirt. Looking hot/handsome is relative. Nobody in their right mind would go out to an event dressing inappropriately.

As a woman, you don’t need a degree, a car, a job, etc. As you have already proved to yourself, a man takes care of your dinners/wine, entertainment, transportation, etc. How nice is that?

Quote:
AND clean house and raise your children
Not all dates end up in the altar. I support the idea of men doing house chores just like a woman would, and women will like that. But if I say that women should also contribute to dating expenses, take the initiative, romance their guy, buy them an engagement ring, etc. All of a sudden, that is considered terrible.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Ooh, can I join the club? I'm a product of foreigners, does that count?
Why not?! We're open to cool members!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:53 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
However, if somebody decides to pull such a cheap number on me (yet to happen), I can tell you with 100% certainty that would be the last he saw of me
Then CaliCali was not so off with his complain, was he? Just think about it as if it was a woman who started this thread.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Then CaliCali was not so off with his complain, was he? Just think about it as if it was a woman who started this thread.
I've wished you good luck reversing the gender roles many times, but I can do it one more time! No skin off my nose.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:57 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Nope, you don’t have to. It’s not like the guy asks to have sex and you go “Oh, ok. What time? what place?”. Looking hot? As if guys can be fine taking you for dinner/wine wearing flip flops and their favorite band T-shirt. Looking hot/handsome is relative. Nobody in their right mind would go out to an event dressing inappropriately.

As a woman, you don’t need a degree, a car, a job, etc. As you have already proved to yourself, a man takes care of your dinners/wine, entertainment, transportation, etc. How nice is that?

Not all dates end up in the altar. I support the idea of men doing house chores just like a woman would, and women will like that. But if I say that women should also contribute to dating expenses, take the initiative, romance their guy, buy them an engagement ring, etc. All of a sudden, that is considered terrible.
eh, I"m just used to dating very traditional men and grew up around traditional men so I don't see that changing. I would accommodate different situations accordingly though. all women in my family work outside the home, as well as in the home and I expect to do the same.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:03 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I forgot all about the guy not paying his way. The only thing he's bringing to the table is his "man part". My naive and young years, wow. I've dated him on occasion. Don't want to pay for anything, but want to lay in my bed all night. With his legs under my table in the morning. Dude, can bring some bacon by next time, damn.

I guess I felt like most men. Damn, so you just gonna sit there huh.
Ha, CF is so funny!!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
wow!

I've stopped offering because every time I've tried to offer, they're manhood would shrivel up and I'd get the whole "I'm the man, I pay speech" so I don't bother anymore. but I guess I can be ordered to not spend my money, no brainer, hehe.

Yea, I know the type. Bunch of squares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships