Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
All I'm saying is I would never date a woman that dresses like a man. I would also never date a woman that wears mom jeans.
Ok. I wore a pair of nice slacks, flats and a button down shirt to work today. One of my pilots wore basically the same thing.

I wore jeans and a tshirt (not mom jeans, and not a baggy tshirt) with boots this weekend when I went out with friends. I saw many men wearing very similar outfits, except for color and cut.

I guess you would never date a woman who wears slacks and a dress shirt, or jeans and a tshirt?

I do agree with the mom jeans thing though...my Mother would NEVER be caught dead in a pair of those.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
All I'm saying is I would never date a woman that dresses like a man. I would also never date a woman that wears mom jeans.
You said "revealing". One need not dress like a man or wear tight or cleavage showing clothes. There is an alternative called - normal clothes. Or for some of us it's creative dressing, we would rather emphasize creativity in style than have it be based on looking generically sexy.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,147,388 times
No woman should 'need' to dress in a revealing fashion to be considered attractive.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,316,552 times
[quote=city_data91;17454165]All I'm saying is I would never date a woman that dresses like a man. I would also never date a woman that wears mom jeans.

Be honest with yourself at least. There are women that you would date if they were dressed in mechanic's overalls. A gorgeous, sexy woman doesn't need to dress a certain way to attract a man.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM

[quote=Georgianbelle;17454913]
Quote:

Be honest with yourself at least. There are women that you would date if they were dressed in mechanic's overalls. A gorgeous, sexy woman doesn't need to dress a certain way to attract a man.
I agree with this statement. Plus, if a woman wants to dress sexy, she should do so because SHE wants to, not because she feels the need to look attractive to someone.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:33 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,126,368 times
Quote:

I guess I'm the exception. When I was younger, I was talkative. But my elementary school teachers discouraged such behavior, so I retreated into my shell. But I came out of my shell as time went on.
ha ha
so much learning to do.

Not dressing revealing does not mean you dress like a man.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:35 PM

What I want to know is: What's his definition of 'dressing revealing'?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,876,428 times
There was a woman who was a mechanic at a place around the corner from me when I lived in LA's Koreatown who gave me googly eyes every time I walked past or brought my car in. I usually do my own engine work but, you know...

I think that lots of women who were tomboys carry over their tendencies into adulthood, it's just that they are given the label of being "outdoorsy," or "adventurous," or things like that. Ten year old kids wear clothes and hairstyles that would be considered outrageous and weird by adult standards but are "normal" for a kid, and I think that girls who are "tomboys" are the same. As they get into their teens and then adulthood, they end up gradually dressing more "girly" because that's what most people do: grow into social norms. They start wearing the same jeans and shirts as other young women day-to-day, but that doesn't mean that they've lost any desire to go and ride dirtbikes, work on cars, build things, hike, etc.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
What I want to know is: What's his definition of 'dressing revealing'?
This is my definition: If you have a nice @ss, I want to be able to tell. This is impossible when a female wears mens sweatpants.

Cleavage is nice too.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
This is my definition: If you have a nice @ss, I want to be able to tell. This is impossible when a female wears mens sweatpants.

Cleavage is nice too.
I can understand that...the whole 'dressing flattering' thing. I see you point. However, not all women are into the whole 'cleavage' or tight pants thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships