Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I am not sure… I don’t know why I feel this way. Maybe if I am not happy then yes, I do find it hard to be happy for others!
Be happy for him....and figure out what will make you happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 06:38 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
You enjoyed the attention. Now, it's focused on someone else. Normal, but you'll just have to adjust.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
You like him, and you've always liked 'em, you were just having so much fun boosting your ego by playing games and stringing him along that you couldn't see the forest for the trees.

He's probably what would be considered a nice guy, thus likely to stay faithfull, so naturally, like alot of women, you didn't want him until he was takin(as if he would have always been there for you to fall back on in old age).

Your jealous of the fact that a woman has stolen your back-up plan by making him a priority. You meant enough to him for him to boost your ego, while he didn't mean enough to you for you to return the favor, even though you know he deserved it(thats called selfish). You should be jealous. Don't be mad now because a woman is finally rewarding him for being a nice/faithfull type. In your heart of hearts you must have known this day would come(or did you think you were the only fish in the sea). Anyway, chalk it and move on.

Once again proving my point that women are the ones that turn men into so called dogs and players, then turn around and complain about it. Remember, there are more of you than there is of us.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM

In short, if you we're a true "friend" you would be happy for him. Like earlier stated.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,320 times
Quote:
I grew up around all males, and when we all started to mature I was always fooling around with one of them. We never slept together but we were each others guinea pigs for everything else when we were teenagers. We would always kiss and hug and just fool around together.

Even into adulthood, still whenever I would see him he would pay me attention, always seemed very excited to see me, would show off in front of me and convey romantic interest in me.

About 2 years ago he met a girl and he is very serious about her. He absolutely adores her and from what I have seen so far, it looks like it could be one of these “forever” things.

Even though I have absolutely zero romantic interest in him anymore, I find myself becoming jealous over them and I don’t know why. One of the many reasons I stopped using Facebook was because I couldn’t stand to see their lovey dovey posts anymore.

Is it because I am not 100% happy in my relationship?

Is it because I was so used to him giving me all this attention and now he’s not anymore?

I don’t understand.
Next time some one conveys romantic interest in you, don't be all holier than thou thinkin you are hot stuff, because you are just another fish in the pond and age will catch up with you too. Think about all the times you brushed him off, shot him down, ignored him, or dismissed him. You lost out because of you and now you are upset because you missed what was probably a good partner. You got one life to live, use your brain.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:11 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
You lost out because of you and now you are upset because you missed what was probably a good partner
I don’t know how many other ways I can say this… I am NOT interested in him romantically, AT ALL. He is a smart alec, racist and judgmental of people. I do NOT want that in a partner, but am still very jealous. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said that "a woman has stolen your back-up plan by making him a priority".

Guess I'll just have to live with that and get over it.

I always knew that no matter who came and went in my life or his, he always, always had eyes for me. But it's different this time.

Yes I was selfish, very selfish, when I was a teenager. I couldn't imagine ever doing that to someone now.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I'd DEFINITELY cultivate and be flattered by the attentions of a judgmental, racist smartaleck, and feel jealous/left out in the cold/ignored when I don't get it anymore.

Wait...no, I wouldn't.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'd DEFINITELY cultivate and be flattered by the attentions of a judgmental, racist smartaleck, and feel jealous/left out in the cold/ignored when I don't get it anymore.

Wait...no, I wouldn't.
How is that helpful...?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,320 times
Quote:
I don’t know how many other ways I can say this… I am NOT interested in him romantically, AT ALL. He is a smart alec, racist and judgmental of people. I do NOT want that in a partner, but am still very jealous. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said that "a woman has stolen your back-up plan by making him a priority".

I always knew that no matter who came and went in my life or his, he always, always had eyes for me. But it's different this time.

Yes I was selfish, very selfish, when I was a teenager. I couldn't imagine ever doing that to someone now.

Your contradiction is laughable, you want him, totally, you just can't admitt it to us (or yourself). You lost out. Grow up and start acting like a woman instead of a school-girl.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:

If there is nothing there romantically, then why are you jealous? Don't you want him to find someone that makes him happy "romantically"?

Lakeshore got to it first. You do like him, or else there wouldn't be any jealousy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships