Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 AM

94 posts, read 169,660 times

Advertisements

Ladies... Would you continue to date and make out with a guy if you were not attracted to him? Here are the details, we've been on five dates, and we make out, I.E. french kiss and me caressing her, she caressing my chest and face, but she then stops saying she does not want to move too fast and wants to take it slow. She's also said she's not dating anyone else. Actually, when I joked about her dating the other guy when she got confused about something about me, she gave me an angry look. She's also started to call me, and we speak like for an hour or so twice this week. However, I am just surprised, when we were on her bed, she just stopped and said she wanted to take it slow. So I question if she's attractive to me or not. Yea, we have another date this weekend and I am being introduced to a couple of her friends, and she told her mom about me, but I still question her interest in me. I get the no sex, but to stop in the middle of kissing, is just strange to me. She said, she just doesn't want it to lead to something else too fast. I said, I can control myself, she said, how do you know I was talking about you?

Just confused about her interest in me. Usually, if the woman invites you to her place, this is the second time at her place now, and then to her bed to watch TV, there would be something going on. No? Again, not really talking about sex, as yes, on the second or third date, it's a bit too soon, but to stop in the middle of kissing? The first with me. Especially when she said, last Saturday, I'm a good kisser. I already knew this, but it was nice to hear. I just do not want to be wasting my time with something that is going no where. She's in her 30's, so it's not like she's a teenager or college student. Divorced once too. Doesn't bother me, but I am just confused about her actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 AM

142 posts, read 238,597 times
There is no way she would kiss you and let you caress her if she was not attracted to you. But she is asking to take things slowly, so why can't you respect that?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I really doubt she'd put that much effort into making out and being all touchy-feely if there wasn't some attraction. The fact is it sounds like she's very attracted and doesn't want it to turn into being all about sex hence why she's saying to take it slow.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
Doesn't bother me, but I am just confused about her actions.
You apparently think that simply because there is attraction, that there should be immediate sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Feather View Post
There is no way she would kiss you and let you caress her if she was not attracted to you. But she is asking to take things slowly, so why can't you respect that?
This. ^^ Times 10. Dude. She IS attracted. But she wants to take it slow and make sure things don't get out of hand before she is mentally ready. Stop worrying, and just listen to her.

Why do people assume always want to assume something else, when the answer is written in big bold letters and delivered by courier?

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
She is becoming too turned on for her liking and is worried she will do something that she is not ready to do. It's not that she is worried that you are going to make her; lust is a very powerful feeling. She is stopping because she does not want to go there yet instead of continuing and then saying, "Oh. heck with it, let's have sex." Your girlfriend is smart.

Respect her boundaries and desire to take things slow. I know it's frustrating.

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
You've been on just five dates but because she wants to take things slowly you're getting your knickers in a twist wondering if you're wasting your time? Oh and you already know you're a "good kisser"? Please! Your arrogance knows no bounds. Respect the lady, for goodness' sake and try looking at her as a fellow human being rather than a trophy.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:44 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
i wanna just say this. i agree with most of you 100% but she took him into her bed and she's 30 something? ya gotta respect "no" but i'm thinking something is going on. on the other hand maybe it was just not the right time of the month?

when i was dating if a 30+ y/o woman takes me into her bed i'm kind of thinking we're gonna have sex. unless that's where the only TV is.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 AM

You should re-read what he wrote. The whole point of his thread is that after five dates she hasn't yet taken him into her bed.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You should re-read what he wrote. The whole point of his thread is that after five dates she hasn't yet taken him into her bed.
I think at the end he says they went to her bed to watch TV?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
I think at the end he says they went to her bed to watch TV?
Not "into" her bed. No doubt the TV is in the bedroom and they went ONTO the bed to watch it. He was making an assumption that because he was ON the bed, the situation would naturally lead to sex. She's not yet ready for that and he's ticked off. Obviously not much communication going on there but he should nonetheless grow up and accept her boundaries - he's not a teenager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships