Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

I don't think there's a single time when splitting up wasn't her decision. Even the druggie. I told her that if it didn't change, it was over...it didn't change.

But if I love someone, I can never wish harm upon them. Someone I don't know or care about? No problem. If...George Clooney...died tomorrow, it wouldn't matter to me (and he's not even particularly annoying). Not that I wish harm on him, it simply doesn't matter either way. The people that matter to me do matter, and the people who don't, don't matter.

The only people I can wish harm on are those who are intent on harming me in any interaction we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
I don't wish my ex well at all. I talk about throwing her under the bus. It is a figure os speech for those who don't have a clue.

Last spring she broke her foot. She thought she could call me. I told her "no phone calls." it was in the middle of the proceedings and she is the last person I'd talk to. I am sure if I'd answer I'd a said something like "so? What's your point?"

Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Last spring she broke her foot. She thought she could call me. I told her "no phone calls."
That's pretty cold, SD... Most likely she didn't have anybody else to turn to if she resorted to calling you.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's pretty cold, SD... Most likely she didn't have anybody else to turn to if she resorted to calling you.
She had multiple boyfriends... She was still on my insurance too.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
She had multiple boyfriends... She was still on my insurance too.
OK. I guess you know better...

Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK. I guess you know better...
It wasn't finalized. My hands were tied. I just sat back and waited for it to be all done. I wasn't going to be mean, but I sure as hell wasn't going to kind either.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Do you ever wish physical harm would come to your ex?
No.

I never "wish" physical harm upon anyone. Well, actualy, if they are people who harm animals or children, then YES not only do I "wish" harm to them, I would love to be first in line to personally administer the harm.

But I never wish anything negative to happen to any ex (or friend) I ever had.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
Quote:
Avienne--

I agree with you completely. I'm not acting out or anything. I do live a good live and I'm getting married in a few short months to a wonderful woman. In fact, I'm happier now than I ever remember being in my previous relationship.

I just wondered if I was alone in wishing ill will to an ex.
Happier now than ever? Hmm....no offense, but I seriously have trouble believing that. There's an old school of thought that puts forth the premise that there is a very fine line between love and hate. That is, in order to truly "hate" someone--or to wish them bodily harm--you have to still love them, or at least have some residual strong feelings for them.
So...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I feel you still, deep down, have feelings for your ex, and that, truth be told, if she were to call you up tomorrow and say all is forgiven and she's decided she can't live without you and wants you back, you'd come running. I'm also guessing that she was the one who broke off your marriage with her.
But I could be wrong; it wouldn't be the first time. If so, I apologize.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laotzumindfu View Post
no.

I never "wish" physical harm upon anyone. Well, actualy, if they are people who harm animals or children, then yes not only do i "wish" harm to them, i would love to be first in line to personally administer the harm.

But i never wish anything negative to happen to any ex (or friend) i ever had.
+1

Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I won't lie, for as level headed as I believe myself to be, I can't help but wish my ex would be hit by a bus. I know it's an irrational feeling devoid of any pragmatic thinking but gee whiz, if I were to read about it I can honestly say I wouldn't feel about about it.
When I was married I fantasized CONSTANTLY about my husband's death. It was my only escape and going there brought me a huge sense of relief. I would think about what I would wear to the funeral, how I would behave in front of his friends and family, etc. He is an alcoholic and was also a heavy coke user at the time, and since his father was also a drunk and had died of a heart attack in his forties, I thought there might be a good possibility he would die young, too. The bastid is 54 and still alive, by the way, but I divorced him 10 years ago.

I didn't think divorce would be a possibility because I was afraid he'd take our daughter who was small at the time and just disappear, so his death seemed the only way out. Then I discovered our state's restraining order system--to threaten to take a child and disappear is cause for an RO.

At one point the house we were renting burned down. He was home and inside the house when it happened, and managed to get out with smoke inhalation and some burns on his hands, but my precious cat died in the fire. I was SO angry about that--that my cat died and that POS I was married to survived.

I think wishing someone dead comes from a sense of wanting to be relieved of all the pain and anxiety they cause. It gets to be overwhelming after a while. Divorce is a much better idea because while painful, it is temporary and then you are free. It is a very short hop from wishing someone was dead to starting to think about how you could make it happen, and that's not a good road to walk down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships