Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:34 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,609 times

Advertisements

I won't lie, for as level headed as I believe myself to be, I can't help but wish my ex would be hit by a bus. I know it's an irrational feeling devoid of any pragmatic thinking but gee whiz, if I were to read about it I can honestly say I wouldn't feel about about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 12:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
I won't lie, for as level headed as I believe myself to be, I can't help but wish my ex would be hit by a bus. I know it's an irrational feeling devoid of any pragmatic thinking but gee whiz, if I were to read about it I can honestly say I wouldn't feel about about it.
Not any exes, but there have been times where I wouldn't shed a tear if various and sundry idiots, jerks, and dirtbags experienced spontaneous combustion.

There's nothing wrong with owning your anger. Just don't act on it in an illegal or unproductive way. Remember that the best revenge is living well, and count on karma to take care of the rest for you.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
No I havent. She is afterall the mother of my children. For that I wish her only good things. She was a wonderful wife and mother until someone introduced her to the wonders of cocaine.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Not any exes, but there have been times where I wouldn't shed a tear if various and sundry idiots, jerks, and dirtbags experienced spontaneous combustion.

There's nothing wrong with owning your anger. Just don't act on it in an illegal or unproductive way. Remember that the best revenge is living well, and count on karma to take care of the rest for you.

Avienne--

I agree with you completely. I'm not acting out or anything. I do live a good live and I'm getting married in a few short months to a wonderful woman. In fact, I'm happier now than I ever remember being in my previous relationship.

I just wondered if I was alone in wishing ill will to an ex.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Avienne--

I agree with you completely. I'm not acting out or anything. I do live a good live and I'm getting married in a few short months to a wonderful woman. In fact, I'm happier now than I ever remember being in my previous relationship.

Of course you are not alone !! When someone hurts us in away only a spouse really can our most basic human emotions get the better of us. Believe it or not oneday when you think of her you will feel nothing and then you will really know you moved on!! Good luck on your marriage!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,244 times
Quote:
Avienne--

I'm interested in reading the responses you get, but really don't think that's normal. Didn't I read on another thread where you gave over power to God? Are you a religious guy? Is this what religious type guys think these days? The worst I ever wished on an ex, is a broken heart ... not a jaw or a cranium.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Don't really have any exes considering I've never really been in a "relationship", but there are some people who I think should really off themselves for the sake of others' happiness..

Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM

124 posts, read 328,885 times
Sometimes in anger one does feel or say to oneself. That God will teach him or her a lesson, for the pain and suffering , but the next moment it is wise to think all good to happen too because bitterness is not good. One cannot ever wish bad for ex even if he or she has caused lot of pain esp if kids are involved. It is our share of pain in this world, we have to bear if we believe in Karma. Also sometimes a bad spouse/relationship can bring out good qualities in ourselves, which otherwise would be completely in contrast of our personality(like strenght, courage, determination, boldness) which are required to get out of rotten relationship.

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
Quote:
I think it's natural to day dream of stuff like that when someone has hurt you or made your life miserable over a period of time....so long as it stays day dreams. After a while, that sort of thinking fades though the farther away from the situation you get.

When my ex and I first separated she started riding motorcycles with her second of many boyfriends during her great new husband search. I asked her if she was wearing a helmet. She said, "yes". I said, "How come? Don't you want to feel the freedom of the wind in your hair?"

Old 01-26-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I'm interested in reading the responses you get, but really don't think that's normal. Didn't I read on another thread where you gave over power to God? Are you a religious guy? Is this what religious type guys think these days? The worst I ever wished on an ex, is a broken heart ... not a jaw or a cranium.

yes, God brought me in many good directions. This doesn't mean I always agree with the method. I didn't say I was perfect or the most pious of men. I make mistakes and yes, I'm guilty of having emotions.

I almost never think of my ex any more. I was merely imploring people to see if they have shared similar emotions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships