Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:21 PM

380 posts, read 795,830 times

Advertisements

First of all insecurity and depression runs ramped among women of all races.

Advice...
My bf has a friend (white guy) who only dates African American women. He had a lot of the same issues, until he changed the type of women he sought out. He dated a lot of girls he met at bars, and clubs in the city (a lot of promoters etc) and was finding them all to have complex's about being seen around town (predominantly AA community) with a white man, and some of the other issues you mentioned above. SO...he changed his approach. Started meeting women through a local college, coffee shops, community events and he found himself not having these particular types of issues. (Not saying there weren't still issues)

I don't know if this would apply to you or not, but it seems to have worked out better for him.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:22 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Not necessarily, people have preferences that are based on what attracts them
O.K. let's say there's person #1:

I'm a white female and I only date Asian men, Japanese specifically... Black and White men don't turn me on. What does that make me?

There's person #2:

I'm a Black male and I only date Black women, white women and women of other races don't do it for me. What does that make me?

There's person #3:

I'm a female I date whoever I want regardless of where on the planet they come from. I could date someone from France as easily as someone from Zimbabwe or Korea. What does that make me?

Here's your answer:

Person #1, and #2 are racists. They only date people according to racial criteria. Person #3 is not a racist, they date whoever without respect to someone's ethnic or "so called racial" background.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
I would never date a french man.... Sorry first of all... Talking about how romantic you are is NOT romantic

second of all... THEY ARE CALLED FREEDOM FRIES NOW (Thank you for backing the US NOT)

Yes, I know, french are lovers not warriors... whatever (Just kidding )

Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
THEY ARE CALLED FREEDOM FRIES NOW
Still?!

Quote:
I would never date a french man.... Sorry first of all... Talking about how romantic you are is NOT romantic

second of all... THEY ARE CALLED FREEDOM FRIES NOW (Thank you for backing the US NOT)

Yes, I know, french are lovers not warriors... whatever (Just kidding )
Here's a sweeping generalization for ya:

1. All French people can cook.

2. All French people hate Americans that don't speak French in their country.

3. All French men have mistresses.

(on second thought #2 might be true )

5 posts, read 57,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Not necessarily, people have preferences that are based on what attracts them
Exactly. But people just want to throw around racism. They don't want to hear your preferences because if you mention race or ethnicity, all hell breaks loose. Emotions start running high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I doubt that black American women will lose any sleep tonight because one racist decides he's swearing them off to seek the greener pastures of black women from other nationalities.
Well you and everybody else can call me racist all you want, I still prefer non-American black women. I know what is best for my life. But I truly do wish AA women the best of luck in their dating life.

Oh, you still haven't answered my question. Am I sexist for only dating women? Because I am only focusing on one gender. Or does gender gets a pass but not race?

Old 02-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Here's a sweeping generalization for ya:

1. All French people can cook.

2. All French people hate Americans that don't speak French in their country.

3. All French men have mistresses.

(on second thought #2 might be true )
It was a joke!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly21 View Post
Exactly. But people just want to throw around racism. They don't want to hear your preferences because if you mention race or ethnicity, all hell breaks loose. Emotions start running high.

Well you and everybody else can call me racist all you want, I still prefer non-American black women. I know what is best for my life. But I truly do wish AA women the best of luck in their dating life.

Oh, you still haven't answered my question. Am I sexist for only dating women? Because I am only focusing on one gender. Or does gender gets a pass but not race?
You are immature.

The concept of RACE is man made. People should be looking at individuals not skin color or ethnicity. If someone has a preference for whatever physical trait that turns them on in another person - that is superficiality. And something that people need to get beyond. Along with stop perpetuating racism and dealing in racial terms. You don't date a race, you date an individual and if someone is dating specifically based on reasons of race that makes them a racist. Plain and simple.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
It was a joke!
I know.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM

still I wouldn't ... that french accent reminds me of Pepe Lepew.. So no thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships