Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:38 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,785 times

Advertisements

I have been living overseas for a while now. Aside from a brief return to the US earlier this year, i've been overseas for a few years.

I am living in Asia. There are not many westerners or Americans at all around here. Percentage-wise, this area must be about 0.01% westerners. I almost never speak face to face with other westerners. I occasionally see one on the street, but that's about it.

I do not have any western friends. All of my friends out here speak English as their second language. They are all Asians and a couple Russians I know.

I also usually date the local Asian women around here too. I find them to be much more appealing than American women. They are much more feminine, more warm and caring, more comfortable to be around, and in general they are just more enjoyable to spend time with. They are much more reliable and dependable as friends, much more of a stable and solid friendship can be had with them. They will usually be your true friend without being a totally selfish flake.

I decided to try dating an American woman again though, so I set up a date over the internet. She was some woman who just moved out here from the midwest.

I met her and went on the date, and it reminded me all over again of why I do not really like American women.

She was judging me the whole time. Asking me questions about my life and my goals. Not because she was really interested in me, but moreso because she was trying to size me up and find out what my status is to her.

Even though I am making good money and I am happy with life and I enjoy life. She kept acting like I should be doing more with myself, and this was our first date! It felt halfway like a date and halfway like a job interview. A normal vibe when hanging out with American women.....

Her entire demeanor was so serious. I was trying to smile and be warm and just be real with her. But she had her guard up the whole time and wouldn't just trust me and loosen up. It was like a cold, invisible wall was between us. Another typical trait of American women....

Last but not least. She was a BIG woman. Another typical trait of American women....

When the date ended, I felt like I had just gotten done doing business at the bank, or like I just had a job interview, or maybe like I just had a meeting at work.... it felt like a professional meeting. It did not feel like a warm and real connection with another human being. Which is what a date should be.

The thing that struck me the most was that this woman did not have very much going for her at all. Yet she was judging ME so hard. Why do American women do this so often? They expect the man they are with to be absolutely perfect, even if they are a mess.

I think I will go back to being the only North American in my world. And i'm just fine with that. I'll hang out with some Americans as friends if the opportunity comes up. Hanging out with other American guys is cool. But dating American women is usually a losing bet.

The local Asian women here are SOOOOOO much more warm, personable, understanding and HUMAN. They make me feel the love, instead of the uptight icyness. They are not the masculine machine-like beasts that American women these days have become.

It's not just Asian women though. It was the same story in the other continents i've visited. The women are just more warm, more fun, and more cool.

Thank you very much.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:02 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
One great trait about Americans is that when it comes to business we get the job done. We do deals and quickly. None of the tea breaks like in britain, the yes means no and no means yes or any other long lazy behaviors. Culturally we are a can do people.

However the problem is that carries over into our relationships and especially with modern feminism and the desire of women to be man like in an aggressive business world.

I've dated women from 3 other continents. It's a totally different experience. Women are women, there are some huge cultural differences out there.

Every time I go on a date with an American woman it is always the same. It's all business. A job interview for a select position at her side. What do I do, what do I make, what job do I have, career prospects, what can I do for her, what percentage body fat do I have. I can understand what slaves probably felt like being chained up and poked and prodded.

The mindset they have is all about doing a "deal" and they never seem to relax and enjoy themselves and for me to get to know them and vice versa. Going on a date with an American woman is a very stressful, painful experience.

Also in the USA we have a very strong consumer culture and an orientation on tangible goods. A lot of other countries don't have that mindset, but I think a lot of Americans are always concerned with what house they have or car they drive.

Down in Australia and NZ, they don't have that strong consumer fixation and all the girls I dated there never cared about my job or what car I had. Couldn't care less. However with American women it's the first thing they want to know.

Mostly I've enjoyed women from other countries and if possible I'll probably head overseas on at least two trips next year for fun. I've enjoyed Dutch girls and had some great times with girls from the southern hemisphere, so I'm looking forward to it.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:12 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post

Last but not least. She was a BIG woman. Another typical trait of American women....

When the date ended, I felt like I had just gotten done doing business at the bank, or like I just had a job interview, or maybe like I just had a meeting at work.... it felt like a professional meeting. It did not feel like a warm and real connection with another human being. Which is what a date should be.

The thing that struck me the most was that this woman did not have very much going for her at all. Yet she was judging ME so hard. Why do American women do this so often? They expect the man they are with to be absolutely perfect, even if they are a mess.
Part of it comes down to the role of media and how it has created a fantasy world 99.99% of people don't live in.

By and large the rural town I live in the women are hefty and unattractive. Too many Oreos and Oprah. They smoke, drink, have tattoos, are pre diabetic at 25, don't exercise, don't get an education, etc. I can probably think of 2-3 women in town above a 5 on the 1-10 ratio here in town. The rest are dogs.

A lot of them are cute when they graduate high school at 18 but by the time they hit 20, it's like someone pulled the pin on one of those self inflated life rafts.

However if you talk to them they really do believe eligible men should be zooming around in a Ferrari with six pack abs, wads of cash and a flashy house. Even when they are in current relationships they still have a belief that is out there waiting for them.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:24 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
I wish I could take a year and travel to many parts of the world and see for myself.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:43 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I wish I could take a year and travel to many parts of the world and see for myself.

Hi lionking,

I did not spent a year, but it seemed true to me in Eastern Europe. A women who can conduct business is like another muffler to me. Got one already. I don't want anything like me at all. I am all stocked up. When I did convincing German and Italian dialects for fun experiments, I would see American women be turned on by it. So I also knew I was going to ride a natural jet stream that sex wants to spread. American women are easy, if you are a certain kind of foreigner like Giovanni from Turin. Overseas in Russia and Hungry there were beautiful feminine women everywhere. They are also not in cars as much and walking around. Of course I put one over my shoulder and took her home.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:39 AM

27 posts, read 28,751 times
Are American women trying to compensate for something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post

The local Asian women here are SOOOOOO much more warm, personable, understanding and HUMAN. They make me feel the love, instead of the uptight icyness. They are not the masculine machine-like beasts that American women these days have become.

It's not just Asian women though. It was the same story in the other continents i've visited. The women are just more warm, more fun, and more cool.

Thank you very much.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:56 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,863 times
I absolutely love foreign women. Like mentioned above they don't have the ultra-materialistic, "me me me me me me" mentality as much as American woman do. There are still a lot of American guys like me out there that want a genuine connection with someone, not this "you buy me stuff, and I will give you hot sex" sorta mentality that is pervasive in American dating/marriage culture.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:58 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,228,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsdance View Post
Are American women trying to compensate for something?
Spot-on.

No surprises here, spent six years overseas...agree with all of the above.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
It's interesting that you state you have lived overseas for six years and almost never speak face-to-face with westerners--in fact, you live in an area where there are practically no westerners at all--yet you make statements about "typical" American women and what they do "so often."

Maybe this woman you met picked up on your disdain for American women. It just drips from your post above. I don't think I would have enjoyed myself either, frankly. It's nice that you found an area much more to your liking.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:23 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times
"yes is no" or "no is yes"...that sounds like French women; give me down-to-earth , no-bull (even if a bit oversized) US women anytime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships