Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,035 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about maybe focusing on finding a woman overseas and no, I am not talking about some Asian geisha who can't even speak English.

My dating experiences have been so frustrating and no offense to American women, but it is very hard to find women in this country who are not overweight or mentally unstable, or both.

My stepfather is German, my mother speaks decent German and although I never thought about dating or marrying a German girl, I am thinking about going there this Summer for a week, just for fun

I am aware of all the cultural differences and I know Germany is no paradise but comparing an average German girl to an average American woman is hmm, not a fair comparison. I think it would be neat to find a girl who could speak to my Mom and stepfather in German.

Anyways, I wonder if someone guys might have had good experiences with foreign women.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:22 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,793 times
Yuck. Germany.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Ay-ya-ya, that pathetic pipe dream of finding submissive women God knows where... Look at me! I'm from overseas! Did I send ya packing yet?!

Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
Join a gym or coed sports team. Maybe you'll meet thinner women there. Or move to a sunshine state.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ay-ya-ya, that pathetic pipe dream of finding submissive women God knows where... Look at me! I'm from overseas! Did I send ya packing yet?!
Submissive? German women are anything but submissive, actually they are often more independent than your average American women, and very few are overweight. Not bad looking either.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Submissive? German women are anything but submissive, actually they are often more independent than your average American women, and very few are overweight. Not bad looking either.
Well, yes, Germany is a different cup of tea, but your post still implies general dissatisfaction with local women. You know what, though... maybe I should shut up actually as I can't say I'm impressed with too many local men myself.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,573 times
So would you move there overseas or do you think you could convince her to move to the U.S.?

It's easier moving your stuff out locally in a moving van yourself than waiting for the shipping container to get to the dock from overseas so you can collect your possessions finally.

I know someone very close to me whose overseas marriage didn't work out. The wife took the baby and went back to live with her parents and let her visa expire. The woman has a four year university degree, has no desire to work, stays at home and does beadwork and the child goes to a private preschool which is about $1000 a month in U.S. dollars.

Make sure you meet someone who is exactly on the same page as you or it may not work out how you think - especially from far away.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,540 times
Quote:
Well, yes, Germany is a different cup of tea, but your post still implies general dissatisfaction with local women. You know what, though... maybe I should shut up actually as I can't say I'm impressed with too many local men myself.
LOL!! What do you think of men abroad? Are they better catches than American men?

*me thinks they are all the same fish swimming in different geographic ponds*

Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I guess, I don't blame you. Every girl I have dated here had some story of dating guys who were losers, creeps, mentally unstable, stalkers or just plain weirdos. I guess, it is a problem with our society.

I guess, I am interested in knowing more about German culture because my mother found a great German husband and I am curious about how people "date" and meet each other in other countries. Sometimes, I think "dating" as we know it is more of an American concept but I don't know how people do it in Europe because "dating" the American way is all I have ever done and it does not seem to be working for a lot of folks out there

Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
I think it would be just as difficult if not more difficult to meet a woman during a short vacation. I did meet a woman in Belfast many years ago who was separated from her husband at the time. We ended up writing to each other for quite awhile but unfortunately she reconciled her differences with her husband and they got back together again. My feeling is that it would be pretty tough to make this work unless you were living in a foreign country for an extended period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.