Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:40 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
Too sensitive? Too politically correct? Hmmmm ... you called American women machine-like beasts! Am I missing something here? Being blunt is one thing, being abrasive and caustic is another.

And I am just pointing out how hypocritical you are being. Maybe you are the one that is being sensitive.
This is an internet forum. It is what it is.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:47 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
One can hardly blame a women for feeling insecure at this new international pressure. It is another aspect of globalism. When US women were taught to be a certain way, it was in an insular society. It did tend to cause men to leave the love market, but it was still a relative monopoly. Its also landing on 30 something career women something awful because the 20 something man does not have the resources and there is plenty of demand for the 20 something year olds. Its the better 30 and 40 year old men that are being siphoned off who now seem more likely to find things outside the local area, even in another state.They also seem more likely to go younger. These are the marrying kind as well. I was at 35.

I really worry about some career women here putting off marriage until the 30s. Some of these women will not find the best men willing to settle with them, boy friends yes, but marriage will be more difficult. Most women's dating capital is highest in her 20s and she fails to understand her market value at 32 is nowhere near as high as 27. They will also not drop the price to move the goods. That is not in human nature. I really want women to think about what they want and plan accordingly. I don't like unhappy women. I feel nothing good about it. I like to see their beautiful smiles. Having it all is tough.
Anytime one of these American men seeking international women threads comes up there is always some American women that drop in and make all sorts of defensive comments. I think I've already been blasted in this thread IRC.

But if the shoe fits.... If it doesn't then as a singular American woman they have nothing to worry about. Clearly it strikes a nerve when they lash out in venom and that tells me I'm on target with my comments and experiences.

Globalization and mobility has opened up the world and if it's a tough market here, why not go elsewhere? I can get on a plane tomorrow night and fly out of Philadelphia to anywhere in Europe for nearly the same cost to fly to Los Angeles. I don't need to be hamstrung by whats on offer here.

Personally I'm very open to American women and I give them a try but ultimately I have found a lot of nice ladies overseas. I'm not closing myself off to Americans, but I'm not restricting myself to that either.

Perusing the dating websites is a good indication of what is out there as you say they aren't dropping the price to move the goods. Just in some of these profiles it's quite shocking at the long laundry list of things they expect to have in a man. To me if it's that bad and I don't even know them, then they really have to be shocking to live with. As they age they further write themselves out of existence.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Anytime one of these American men seeking international women threads comes up there is always some American women that drop in and make all sorts of defensive comments. I think I've already been blasted in this thread IRC.

But if the shoe fits.... If it doesn't then as a singular American woman they have nothing to worry about. Clearly it strikes a nerve when they lash out in venom and that tells me I'm on target with my comments and experiences.

Globalization and mobility has opened up the world and if it's a tough market here, why not go elsewhere? I can get on a plane tomorrow night and fly out of Philadelphia to anywhere in Europe for nearly the same cost to fly to Los Angeles. I don't need to be hamstrung by whats on offer here.

Personally I'm very open to American women and I give them a try but ultimately I have found a lot of nice ladies overseas. I'm not closing myself off to Americans, but I'm not restricting myself to that either.

Perusing the dating websites is a good indication of what is out there as you say they aren't dropping the price to move the goods. Just in some of these profiles it's quite shocking at the long laundry list of things they expect to have in a man. To me if it's that bad and I don't even know them, then they really have to be shocking to live with. As they age they further write themselves out of existence.
I don't think we are being defensive. We are having fun at your expense. We find small-minded men very, very entertaining.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:51 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I don't think we are being defensive. We are having fun at your expense. We find small-minded men very, very entertaining.
Pass the popcorn!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:52 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Default The comment was racist. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
Actually, Magnolia Thunder's post was neither racist nor bitter.
Now this thread is starting to lose all credibility, because the OP (while making decent money overseas) seems to lack emotional intelligence.
Maybe that will explain your problems.

Magnolia Thunder is right that many American women are independent and do not want to be dependent on men, etc... even if that is a trait more common amongst women over the age of 30.

MT said many women not ALL women.

MT also says that many males are insecure around independent women - this is totally true. Many not all. (I'm a guy who seeks out independence as I don't want the responsibility of catering to the insecurities and self-esteem problems of dependent women).

Magolia Thunder did make a slight error when talking about curvy bodies, and that's where I think you interpreted the so-called "racism".
So many women from so many different cultures have curves, and are very sexy. This is not solely the domain of American women. I can rattle off a list of countries who have just as many beautiful and sexy girls as the US. If anything, many American women need a lesson on how to dress attractively to show off those curves. The comment about Asian girls looking like 12 year old girls also stained otherwise sensible comments...probably an emotional retort that if MT just hung out in the Tokyo airport for a few hours, MT would understand that not all Asian girls look like 12 year olds.

But it's hardly racist...it's a combination of emotional irrationalism and ignorance. But overall the post was acceptable, and shouldn't be deleted on the grounds of racism, LOL.
Asians do two things better than anyone. Cars and women.
They're dependable, look great and will run for a lifetime if cared for.
Besides, western women have better things to do.
Something about fish and bicycles.

And a word of advice for you that disagree with the OP, let the bitterness go. Life is to short.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post

And a word of advice for you that disagree with the OP, let the bitterness go. Life is to short.

Aww...I wish I weren't American! Then maybe I could be like a car too.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Aww...I wish I weren't American! Then maybe I could be like a car too.
American people aren't like cars, they are like SUVs and diesel trucks Fords, GMCs, etc.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM

I am enjoying a nice glass of wine and so I am happy and relaxed so I will call a truce with you CaliforniaBear. Enjoy your foreign women. I will guzzle my way into being a fat American deisel truck of a woman

Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post

I agree, I don't see why people are choosing to take offense to what i'm saying. After all, I know that a good 20 or 25% of the American women are not the way I described. I know lots of American people who do not fit into the stereotypes. After all, I am an American myself so I am simply talking about my own culture.

The people who are taking offense to this are obviously the very people that I am describing and they know it.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I am enjoying a nice glass of wine and so I am happy and relaxed so I will call a truce with you CaliforniaBear. Enjoy your foreign women. I will guzzle my way into being a fat American deisel truck of a woman
See now that's a good attitude! If all American women were like you, I would move back to America and get a dozen wives.

But as you can see in this thread, most US women will lash out and growl like a monster instead of letting it roll and shakin' it loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships