Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:20 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I find it very ironic that for a man criticizing American women for all their negative traits, you display the same characteristics. Maybe instead of dating you should do a little self-reflection.
You cannot possibly tell that from my typing over the internet.

This is something that can only be judged by meeting a person face to face. It's not really about what a person says, it's about their mannerisms and demeanor.

Of course I will be blunt here. This is an internet forum....

Old 11-15-2009, 05:21 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Anytime I see someone making claims of how much better it is on the otherside, I suspect they remained in a comfort zone overseas with people who just liked Americans. I've seen the best and worst of both worlds. Ask some Russian women how warm, friendly, and approachable many Russian men are, or go to places like Ecuador and Peru and see how much those men down there like the idea of you sweeping their women off their feet because you are millionaire in their eyes. While I've met some nice men and women in places like Korea, Okinawa, Ecuador, and the Middle East, as well as Europe, I can tell you there were just as many if not more, ordinary people who were no friendlier or warmer than your average American.

I've spent time in South America, and trust me, the women there are no different from the women here when they want something from you. You living in a place like Columbia or Brazil with your $100K salary and the promise of a life back in the states is the equivalent of pro athletes who are swarmed by beautiful and very accomodating women at nighclubs around the country. In the eyes of these women in under-developed countries, an American man making $60K or better per year is a millionaire, of course they're going to be warm and friendly. They want to score the big prize. Next time you are out and about, take notice of the majority of women who work legitimate jobs and aren't struggling financially, and who aren't quite taken by your status as an American.
You give me hope Coolhand

Old 11-15-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
You cannot possibly tell that from my typing over the internet.

This is something that can only be judged by meeting a person face to face. It's not really about what a person says, it's about their mannerisms and demeanor.

Of course I will be blunt here. This is an internet forum....
Yes, you're being blunt, which means you're being honest and showing your true colors. That's fine if you don't prefer American women, I have nothing against that. But for you to devote a thread exclusively to bashing them, is a little harsh and judgemental in my opinion.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:26 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I absolutely love foreign women. Like mentioned above they don't have the ultra-materialistic, "me me me me me me" mentality as much as American woman do. There are still a lot of American guys like me out there that want a genuine connection with someone, not this "you buy me stuff, and I will give you hot sex" sorta mentality that is pervasive in American dating/marriage culture.

"You buy me stuff, I will give you hot sex"

How dare you plagerize my wedding vows!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
"You buy me stuff, I will give you hot sex"

How dare you plagerize my wedding vows!
Lol! Actually that's the way I prefer to start off all my dates. I like to lay all my cards on the table!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're being blunt, which means you're being honest and showing your true colors. That's fine if you don't prefer American women, I have nothing against that. But for you to devote a thread exclusively to bashing them, is a little harsh and judgemental in my opinion.
I think maybe you are being too sensitive, too politically correct?

This is a forum about relationships so I started a thread about how it is to have a relationship with American women. Nothing wrong with that.

A lot of people totally agree with me here, so it's not like these are just my own crazy ideas.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:34 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,054 times
Quote:
Lol! Actually that's the way I prefer to start off all my dates. I like to lay all my cards on the table!

See, I would do that, but I assumed he would already know that's how it is. I am an American woman, you know.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
Quote:

This is a forum about relationships so I started a thread about how it is to have a relationship with American women. Nothing wrong with that.

A lot of people totally agree with me here, so it's not like these are just my own crazy ideas.
Actually it was about a date w/ one woman. You can't paint all women w/ the same brush based on their nationality. Are some American women like you describe? Sure. But not all.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Too sensitive? Too politically correct? Hmmmm ... you called American women machine-like beasts! Am I missing something here? Being blunt is one thing, being abrasive and caustic is another.

And I am just pointing out how hypocritical you are being. Maybe you are the one that is being sensitive.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Actually it was about a date w/ one woman. You can't paint all women w/ the same brush based on their nationality. Are some American women like you describe? Sure. But not all.
I think that in every country there is a culture and a national character.

I don't believe in racism, I do not think that different races of people act different. But I do think that the country and environment that a person grows up in has an enormous impact and molding a persons character.

And the culture in America gives lots of people a very individualistic, cold, rude character. Combine that with modern ultra-political correctness and this is what you get.

Seems self-evident to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships