Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 AM

5 posts, read 57,649 times

Advertisements

First off, this is NOT a troll thread! I am serious about this! These are MY experiences.

I am a white guy who dated American black women before. The first woman was totally insecure. She would not want to hold hands while we were hanging out because she did not want other African-Americans to judge her. She would always look for any reason to call me a bigot. Although I have never even made any racist comments. She felt white people were evil. And I'm thinking to myself, "Well why are you dating me?" Eventually, I broke up with her. I told her how I perceived her. She admitted the reason why she was so cautious of me is because she generally does not like white people (no sh*t). I ask why did you decide to date me? She says because she could not find a black man to date . So basically she used me.

Although there were a few other black women that I have dated who was similar to the first woman, I am going to fast foward to the last one I went out with.

This chick is probably the worst woman of all races I have ever dated! Well it started off pretty well. But then she started becoming depressed. She would isolate herself from me. I asked her what's wrong? And she tells me nothing. Some time later on...She breaks up with me. I wanted to know why and she finally admits that she has been cheating on me with a black guy. She told me she misses being with black men and that she was not feeling me. Here we go again. I asked, well why did you decide to date me?..u know..a WHITE man. She said because she could not find a suitable black man at the time. WTF! Again, she used me.

After this last one, I started asking a few of my black male friends about this and they told me the plight with dating and African-American women. I was not really aware of this situation (although it did not give my past girlfriends the right to treat me like I'm some toy). Then, I went online to look around forums that were discussing this. Came to find out, I was not the only white guy who has experienced this. Many other non-black men were complaining about the women constantly checking out AA men right in their faces and giving them way more attention than their boyfriends.

So after this, I came to the conclusion that American black women are not for me. I would never date them again. The reason I specified American is because I had dated African, Caribbean, and black Latinas before and currently date an Venezuelan black woman. I have never experienced the problems that I faced with the American black women with these types of women. And I love my current girlfriend! I do not get a bad vibe from her. So I think there are some deeply rooted issues involving AA women that I, as a white guy would never understand. Honestly, I do not care to understand.

My question is: is there anybody who has experienced this before or something similar? AA women you are more than welcomed to chime in. And please keep this civilize.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Do you really think every single black person in the USA will be like that? Don’t be so harsh. There can be exceptions to the rule. Live and learn.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
It seems to me like you've created a compelling argument for not dating THAT WOMAN.

When I was 24, I dated a white guy who was flaky and wouldn't commit! No more white guys for me! When I was 28, I dated a black guy who was arrogant and led around by the nose by his mom and dad. No more black guys for me! One time, I danced with a latino guy who was real grabby. No more latino guys for me! I had dinner once with a Laotian guy who...

Oh, wait. That's dumb.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
so, one bad experience with one black woman makes generalization scientifically sound?

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly21 View Post
First off, this is NOT a troll thread! I am serious about this! These are MY experiences.

I am a white guy who dated American black women before. The first woman was totally insecure. She would not want to hold hands while we were hanging out because she did not want other African-Americans to judge her. She would always look for any reason to call me a bigot. Although I have never even made any racist comments. She felt white people were evil. And I'm thinking to myself, "Well why are you dating me?" Eventually, I broke up with her. I told her how I perceived her. She admitted the reason why she was so cautious of me is because she generally does not like white people (no sh*t). I ask why did you decide to date me? She says because she could not find a black man to date . So basically she used me.

Although there were a few other black women that I have dated who was similar to the first woman, I am going to fast foward to the last one I went out with.

This chick is probably the worst woman of all races I have ever dated! Well it started off pretty well. But then she started becoming depressed. She would isolate herself from me. I asked her what's wrong? And she tells me nothing. Some time later on...She breaks up with me. I wanted to know why and she finally admits that she has been cheating on me with a black guy. She told me she misses being with black men and that she was not feeling me. Here we go again. I asked, well why did you decide to date me?..u know..a WHITE man. She said because she could not find a suitable black man at the time. WTF! Again, she used me.

After this last one, I started asking a few of my black male friends about this and they told me the plight with dating and African-American women. I was not really aware of this situation (although it did not give my past girlfriends the right to treat me like I'm some toy). Then, I went online to look around forums that were discussing this. Came to find out, I was not the only white guy who has experienced this. Many other non-black men were complaining about the women constantly checking out AA men right in their faces and giving them way more attention than their boyfriends.

So after this, I came to the conclusion that American black women are not for me. I would never date them again. The reason I specified American is because I had dated African, Caribbean, and black Latinas before and currently date an Venezuelan black woman. I have never experienced the problems that I faced with the American black women with these types of women. And I love my current girlfriend! I do not get a bad vibe from her. So I think there are some deeply rooted issues involving AA women that I, as a white guy would never understand. Honestly, I do not care to understand.

My question is: is there anybody who has experienced this before or something similar? AA women you are more than welcomed to chime in. And please keep this civilize.
#1. You're basing your experience with the few black women you've dated and decided that ALL black women are the same.

That alone proves that you're a racist.

You don't date people because of their skin color or ethnicity, you date an individual NOT a "race" or ethnicity.

Grow up.

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It seems to me like you've created a compelling argument for not dating THAT WOMAN.
Exactly! You know damn well that if Gabrielle Union or Tatyana Ali asked him out he'd be dressed and ready to go in 2 minutes flat! Probably even put on clean underwear!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Exactly! You know damn well that if Gabrielle Union or Tatyana Ali asked him out he'd be dressed and ready to go in 2 minutes flat! Probably even put on clean underwear!
oh my

Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 57,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
#1. You're basing your experience with the few black women you've dated and decided that ALL black women are the same.

That alone proves that you're a racist.

You don't date people because of their skin color or ethnicity, you date an individual NOT a "race" or ethnicity.

Grow up.
First off, how am I a racist? If I was racist I would not be open to dating any woman except white.

Secondly, I am NOT PSYCHIC. I repeat, I am NOT PSYCHIC. It is human nature to stay way from certain people or things that you constantly had troubled with in the past. I know every single black AMERICAN woman is not like this. However, I do not want to ever take that chance again because again, I am NOT PSYCHIC. I don't know who is going to deceive me or who is not.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
or Denzel.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,977,549 times
It's a troll thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.