Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM

164 posts, read 211,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielIN View Post
Thanks, I'll try to talk at least a little with her tomorrow at school (despite the 5 minutes haha).

@Mr. Humble
m'kay, I'll try to treat her as a guy (I should still pay if we to hang out, right?)
Thanks!

@the old man
Telling her how hard is to make friends is good! Well, asking her out for a soda not so much. She does live near a mall though!
Thanks for being nice! And if I were I'd drink vodka with sprite. Or maybe don't drink at all? (Your liver would really appreciate that).

@akck
Great idea! There is a homework for friday and I'll definitely ask for help, even though I don't get her IM is still an excuse to talk to her.
Thanks!

@mideast
We've got to wear school's uniform
Thanks!

@jeepgirl27
Ahh Thanks! (Wonder why whenever I look in the mirror I read "Loser" in my forehead).
I'm sure his time will come, It really sucks seeing everyone that surrounds in a relationship and realize you're not in one (personal experience).
Thanks!

@Dark_analist
Sorry for writing a lot, I really gotta learn how to be objective.
The bad part is because there is too many things to ask and too little time. Maybe within some days it'll be easier to talk to her during classes.

Ye, I do like Byron, although I can only read his books when I'm happy. He gives me suicidal thoughts lol

Thanks for all advices, you people should charge us for that (Please don't)!
Do you like poetry in general... or do you just like Byron? I myself am really into literature... but most of all poety(even if I must confess... I hate some genres ) I remember a long time ago... I actually had time for reading poetry... uhh.. anyway... life kicked in. I still find the time now and then to relax myself with a few poems... but sadly not as much as I'd want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 05:03 PM

21 posts, read 21,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
Do you like poetry in general... or do you just like Byron? I myself am really into literature... but most of all poety(even if I must confess... I hate some genres ) I remember a long time ago... I actually had time for reading poetry... uhh.. anyway... life kicked in. I still find the time now and then to relax myself with a few poems... but sadly not as much as I'd want to.
Only Byron. To be honest, If you asked me this 2 months ago I'd say I hate poetry, 'cause I really did. But I was studying the Romantic Era so I had to write an article about Byron and his melancholic feelings. Now I like it a little.

Although I still can't stand the way they write. especially "thy" and "thee". I like writing better, because you can express yourself.
I love writing letters pretending I'm actually gonna send them to someone telling everything I want and then burn them off!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
First rule: If you have a thread on the main page asking for advice because you don't know how to deal with a computer nerd hitting on your girlfriend, you are NOT qualified to give dating advice.

Now that we've got that out of the way...

Daniel, you just moved to a new city. This is a wonderful opportunity to completely reinvent yourself without dealing with the repercussions of people who have known you for years. Whatever negative conceptions (true or not) that those in your old city may have had matter no more. You get to be your own man now. Mym gave you some good advice, and the fact that she is new in town as well plays into your favor.

This is a complicated matter, so here is some general advice for you.

1. Gain confidence. Everything good flows from confidence. You can't attract 95% of women without confidence.

2. Accept that you will fail from time to time. Every guy gets shot down from time to time no matter how good his game is. Will it happen with this girl? Who knows, but don't let a defeat bring you down.

3. Since she is new in town and girls love a guy who can take charge, rather than asking her where the best pizza is, find out and tell her. Wait, I take that back. Don't tell her, show her. Tell her you know of a great pizza place (or whatever tickles your fancy) and invite her to join you on a certain date and time. You have excellent resources at your disposable here. You can go into the Indianapolis sub forum and ask the members in there for their advice. You can also use UrbanSpoon to find a new place.

That's a good start for now. Don't worry on being an expert at this because your 16 and 17 year old peers aren't going to have great game either. Oh and what do you do for fun? What kind of interests do you have?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Only Byron. To be honest, If you asked me this 2 months ago I'd say I hate poetry, 'cause I really did. But I was studying the Romantic Era so I had to write an article about Byron and his melancholic feelings. Now I like it a little.

Although I still can't stand the way they write. especially "thy" and "thee". I like writing better, because you can express yourself.
I love writing letters pretending I'm actually gonna send them to someone telling everything I want and then burn them off!
I'm more into Romantic Poetry myself... more than any other kind When I was really, really young I used to hate poetry too. Even make fun of it. But as I got older I started apreciating it. I think it first started somewhere around your age
I first started out much the same... I had to learn about a poet called Mihai Eminescu (for an exam) and I started liking his poetry and the romantic era(even though Eminescu was a little after the romantic period... a few years ~20). Then I started reading other poets(like Byron) and kinda got a taste for it. Unfortunatlly Eminescu's poetry is not really accesible to most people.. due to the language... and I don't really belive in translated poetry.

Anyway... let's get back to topic.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
First rule: If you have a thread on the main page asking for advice because you don't know how to deal with a computer nerd hitting on your girlfriend, you are NOT qualified to give dating advice.

Daniel, you just moved to a new city. This is a wonderful opportunity to completely reinvent yourself without dealing with the repercussions of people who have known you for years. Whatever negative conceptions (true or not) that those in your old city may have had matter no more. You get to be your own man now. Mym gave you some good advice, and the fact that she is new in town as well plays into your favor.

This is a complicated matter, so here is some general advice for you.

1. Gain confidence. Everything good flows from confidence. You can't attract 95% of women without confidence.

2. Accept that you will fail from time to time. Every guy gets shot down from time to time no matter how good his game is. Will it happen with this girl? Who knows, but don't let a defeat bring you down.

3. Since she is new in town and girls love a guy who can take charge, rather than asking her where the best pizza is, find out and tell her. Wait, I take that back. Don't tell her, show her. Tell her you know of a great pizza place (or whatever tickles your fancy) and invite her to join you on a certain date and time. You have excellent resources at your disposable here. You can go into the Indianapolis sub forum and ask the members in there for their advice. You can also use UrbanSpoon to find a new place.

That's a good start for now. Don't worry on being an expert at this because your 16 and 17 year old peers aren't going to have great game either. Oh and what do you do for fun? What kind of interests do you have?
First of all: **** you.

I don't see how my previous relationship problems has anything to do with the advice I gave this kid. I had a problem with a guy hittin' on my GF... I've solved that problem.
This kid had a totally different situation... in which I gave him my opinion.
You know... somewhere in another topic BBJ told me something like your an okay guy... and that I should not get angry about a post you just made... and that you were just trying to help. I kinda gave you the benefit of the doubt. But as things stand now.... I think you are not really trying to help... I think you a just trying to gain a "good persona" by vampirizing other people's persona. Hence off topic comments like "If you have a thread on the main page asking for advice because you don't know how to deal with a computer nerd hitting on your girlfriend, you are NOT qualified to give dating advice." I say: **** you. he he... as far as I am concerned I gave this kid good advices... regardless of me having a therat on the main page about my previous relationship problems.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
First of all: **** you.

I don't see how my previous relationship problems has anything to do with the advice I gave this kid. I had a problem with a guy hittin' on my GF... I've solved that problem.
This kid had a totally different situation... in which I gave him my opinion.
You know... somewhere in another topic BBJ told me something like your an okay guy... and that I should not get angry about a post you just made... and that you were just trying to help. I kinda gave you the benefit of the doubt. But as things stand now.... I think you are not really trying to help... I think you a just trying to gain a "good persona" by vampirizing other people's persona. Hence off topic comments like "If you have a thread on the main page asking for advice because you don't know how to deal with a computer nerd hitting on your girlfriend, you are NOT qualified to give dating advice." I say: **** you. he he... as far as I am concerned I gave this kid good advices... regardless of me having a therat on the main page about my previous relationship problems.
I see your humor meter is not functioning. Good thing I'm only talking to you across the internet or you might try to fight me too. You can relax though, my dry sense of humor eventually becomes clear.

Humor aside, you really have alot to learn about women and dating. That's not an insult, just a simple fact. Be glad though, because there are alot of idiots around here asking questions that I won't even bother helping because they're such tools. The fact that I actually expend energy on helping you shows that I think you have potential.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 PM

Come on guys don't fight. No one is omniscient, life is about learning. You'll always have things to learn. Once you've got nothing to learn you've got no reason to live (at least that's what I think).

Both of you gave me great advices and I really appreciate it!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Come on guys don't fight. No one is omniscient, life is about learning. You'll always have things to learn. Once you've got nothing to learn you've got no reason to live (at least that's what I think).

Both of you gave me great advices and I really appreciate it!
It's ok, he'll grow to love me.

Anyways, this thread is about you. Tell us about yourself. What you do for fun and what interests you have.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Anyways, this thread is about you. Tell us about yourself. What you do for fun and what interests you have.
Well, I like writing, reading, watching tv (Series and sports, especially basketball and football), playing guitar, playing video games, going to the movies, listening to music (A7X, Guns 'N Roses, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Rage against the machine, System of a down, Slipknot, Bullet for my valentine).

hmm What else? I like computers (I like to work with software you know. Write Java applets, C++ applications).

Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I see your humor meter is not functioning. Good thing I'm only talking to you across the internet or you might try to fight me too. You can relax though, my dry sense of humor eventually becomes clear.

Humor aside, you really have alot to learn about women and dating. That's not an insult, just a simple fact. Be glad though, because there are alot of idiots around here asking questions that I won't even bother helping because they're such tools. The fact that I actually expend energy on helping you shows that I think you have potential.
That is the cockiest thing I've ever been told ) Dude... yeah... sure I've got a lot to learn about women and dating... and... ughhh... telescopes... and... uhhh.. a lot of things. And so do you. Nobody knows everything... hmmm.... I am aware of that. I do not pretend to be an expert on dating or relationships or women.... but I am entitled to give my opinion on a matter just as much as you(the master of all things women).
I'm not trying to be rude or mean here.... nor defensive... I'm just trying to point out to you that.. just because I had a missunderstanding with my women... doesn't mean I have to abstain from giving my opinion to help somebody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships