Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,094 times

Advertisements

I would never date anyone who had any children young or old....
I met and married my husband in my early 30's and my first question when I met guys was if they had kids. I don't have any nor do I want to play mummy to anyone elses so didn't ever want to develop relationships where this would become an issue.... But thats just me.....
I dated one guy for a few years who was divorced and my god I never stopped hearing him moan about it.... so didn't do that again either.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why would the guy want a woman his own age anyway? He is obviously not into that. I highly recommend women stay away from guys with a history of dating much younger women. They are not looking for a peer and will probably be immature and unstable.
Totally agree...in the case of my BF's dad, he's constantly looking to get a second (and third, and fourth, etc.) crack at youth, because he can't get over the fact that 31 years ago, he got his GF pregnant as a college student, and had to become a family man at 21. He's always "making up" for that. His current GF will be thirty in a couple of years, and if they last that long as a couple, I'd imagine that by then, he'll be scoping for her 25-year old replacement, if he's not, already. He has youthful looks and money on his side, so he'll be able to do this for quite some time, I think.

But, yeah, he is DEFINITELY not one who's into a reciprocal relationship with a peer. He's the consummate sugar daddy. I can't feel badly for the women...they're getting what they want out of it, too...in the case of the current one, an Upper East Side condo with doormen, matching purse dogs, getting wined and dined nightly, trips to Europe, not having to work, and a Sex and the City wardrobe. In exchange, they have to put up with a superficially charming, but essentially immature, mercurial, fairly cold dude who will screw around on them with the first younger, hotter girl he meets the instant he starts to get bored...and he always gets bored.

Another thing is that there's near-constant drama with ex-wife #2, the little girl's mom. My BF's mom is a demure, quiet type, and when she got dumped, she went quietly with her boys, picked up her life, and moved on, but ex #2 is a fiery, dramatic valkyrie from hell who didn't take kindly to being replaced (even though she was the replacer in the first marriage). So hot young GF gets to deal with hot, slightly older crazy b*tch ex-wife/mother of youngest child.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Disgusting... no person deserves to breed that much.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
For me the issue would be that after one failed marriage, he went after a younger woman, had a baby with her and then then failed at that marriage too.

Good judgement and maturity seems lacking here.
I don't think the OP gave the age of the 2nd wife. Most men DO marry younger the second time. That's a well-published fact. So that alone, would not bother me.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:29 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Track records matter, too.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:46 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
I agree, and someone's personality is also determined whether they have children and how many kids as well. A man who has a kid at 50 and married a woman half his age is saying plenty about his personality from the choices he's made.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
My brother is 52 and on his third marriage. We actually like this wife a lot. If they divorce, we get her instead of him. Hah.

Seriously, however, the two have been trying to have a child for three or four years and finally went the adoption route. Because of his age, almost every country from China to Russia to Romania wouldn't allow him to adopt a child out. So they wound up getting a baby from Ethiopia. Brought him home last month, in fact.

Now, you'd have to know my brother. Charming guy, but has always loved his independence. He's always been the one who jetted off to Scotland to play a round at St. Andrews, or go on a cruise for two weeks, etc. etc. The demands of being a family guy just have never meshed with his lifestyle.

To wit, once he called me from his convertible on the L.A. freeways and asked, "Hey, whatcha doing?"
"Going to buy a new car?"
"Cool! What are you getting?"
"A minivan."
[Awkward pause]
"Well, that's cool, right?"

Now he's calling me up and asking advice. We hope the absolute best, but it's going to be very interesting to watch him cope with fatherhood now that he's set in his ways. I mean, when his son is 18, he'll be 70. If kids wear me out sometimes at age 48, I can't imagine raising a teenager in my 60s.

Personally, I'm very very glad I paid a visit to the urologist a few years back. I love my kids, but I don't need any more toddlers, thanks.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:48 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
My brother is 52 and on his third marriage. We actually like this wife a lot. If they divorce, we get her instead of him. Hah.

Seriously, however, the two have been trying to have a child for three or four years and finally went the adoption route. Because of his age, almost every country from China to Russia to Romania wouldn't allow him to adopt a child out. So they wound up getting a baby from Ethiopia. Brought him home last month, in fact.

Now, you'd have to know my brother. Charming guy, but has always loved his independence. He's always been the one who jetted off to Scotland to play a round at St. Andrews, or go on a cruise for two weeks, etc. etc. The demands of being a family guy just have never meshed with his lifestyle.

To wit, once he called me from his convertible on the L.A. freeways and asked, "Hey, whatcha doing?"
"Going to buy a new car?"
"Cool! What are you getting?"
"A minivan."
[Awkward pause]
"Well, that's cool, right?"

Now he's calling me up and asking advice. We hope the absolute best, but it's going to be very interesting to watch him cope with fatherhood now that he's set in his ways. I mean, when his son is 18, he'll be 70. If kids wear me out sometimes at age 48, I can't imagine raising a teenager in my 60s.

Personally, I'm very very glad I paid a visit to the urologist a few years back. I love my kids, but I don't need any more toddlers, thanks.
I'm 41, never had kids...... but I surely couldn't imagine being a new dad at 52........ Good for him on the adoption route.

I hope he does well by the child.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Funny senile imbeciles <chuckles>

Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Seriously, however, the two have been trying to have a child for three or four years and finally went the adoption route. Because of his age, almost every country from China to Russia to Romania wouldn't allow him to adopt a child out. So they wound up getting a baby from Ethiopia.
Wow. There's a reason more developed countries don't allow adoption to old people. So they just had to settle for third world leftovers. His third wife must have big tatas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships