Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 PM

433 posts, read 1,370,311 times

Advertisements

So it's my last few weeks in vocational school and there's this cute girl I wanna get in touch with. I'm new in her class cuz I failed a module, and I'm redoing it in her class before I pass and go on my internship in a few weeks.

What can I say to her? It's a graphic design course, so I'm not gonna say something dumb like, 'hey, so you like graphic design?' Maybe I can show her some of my work, but their not too great, and I think that'd be cheesy. I seriously don't know what to do. I wanna get my first gf lol! Maybe I can ask her what software she's best at? What do you guys think? Any ideas, advice, tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Ask her if she could clarify something, then just go from there. Ask about what she's working toward, if she's from around there, etc.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
"hi, how's your day going?" always worked for me.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
You can do it. Just don't make your intentions too obvious or else it will seem cheesy. Sometimes, its best just to keep it simple. Like say hi to her on the way out of class and introduce yourself. Using pick-up lines doesn't work and she'll see right through it.

Try to get a seat next to her in your next session, or try to get into the same group as her. If not, then wait until session is out and maybe walk with her. Also, is class the only place you see her? Is she on facebook or myspace? If not, then your only chance is in class. Once class is out, you may never see her again. So act quickly. You have nothing to lose other than your reputation.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 PM

326 posts, read 813,872 times
exactly what you said show her your work

Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,861 times
Be honest and say, "HI, my name is ______. I want to know if you'd like to get some coffee some time."

Just go for it and don't over think it.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:11 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Or you could snap your fingers and point to a spot where you want her to go. Worked for The Fonz!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
So it's my last few weeks in vocational school and there's this cute girl I wanna get in touch with. I'm new in her class cuz I failed a module, and I'm redoing it in her class before I pass and go on my internship in a few weeks.

What can I say to her? It's a graphic design course, so I'm not gonna say something dumb like, 'hey, so you like graphic design?' Maybe I can show her some of my work, but their not too great, and I think that'd be cheesy. I seriously don't know what to do. I wanna get my first gf lol! Maybe I can ask her what software she's best at? What do you guys think? Any ideas, advice, tips?
I think I would get her cell phone number in case you're absent from class so you can get the notes from her.

Then text her every now and then and ask her out that way.

Since your generation loves the "indirect" way of getting in touch which is by TEXT MESSAGE.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think I would get her cell phone number in case you're absent from class so you can get the notes from her.

Then text her every now and then and ask her out that way.

Since your generation loves the "indirect" way of getting in touch which is by TEXT MESSAGE.

Be different and stand out. If your generation is all about some indirect communication then surprise her by walking right up to her and talking to her. I promise you, face to face communication never fails..........unless she doesn't like you.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,481,447 times
Yes, go face to face. I think you should find a reason to talk to her about your class or the schooling in general and go from there. You'll be able to tell from her responses if she's interested or just brushing you off. Don't be pushy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships