Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:21 AM

181 posts, read 124,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
I don't post very often in the Relationships section, but with my birthday coming up in a couple weeks, I do tend to wonder sometimes if its meant for me to be completely alone.

For the most part, I am quite shy and just don't do very well when it comes to meeting women. I've only had about 2-3 relationships in the last 10 years, but other than that, I have always remained single. Sometimes I have had friends ask me if I was dating and such, and each time I have responded to them that I pretty much put it on the back burner. There are many other things that I can do when it comes to tech stuff, computing and AV stuff but when it comes to the dating end of things, I simply fall short quite badly in that department. And its often quite difficult to find someone with somewhat similar interests when you don't go out very much which I don't.

So I guess I would be considered a homebody. Not sure if its a good or bad thing but, I often sometimes wonder if I will be single the rest of my days too. To me I feel that love or relationships are reserved for the few, the lucky and certain people. I am almost to my mid-30's and many people will say that 'aww you're just a pup' but c'mon.....they don't realize how fast time goes when you get older.

I am not sure if I will ever have the chance of a meaningful relationship....I just figure if its meant to be that would be great; if not, then I would be prepared to accept that too. It really sucks being alone sometimes but I know it can take a ton of work to be with someone. So who knows.
Oh yes my friend I get that all the time as well and I am in my upper 30's never been in love either. I totally can understand how you feel on this one. I think people say that cause they feel bad, they don't know what to say and most of the time they are with someone. So yeah, I know exactly how you feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,325,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Nothing "trite" about the truth

If you decide not to do the things necessary to attract a mate and would rather be alone than do the work, that is a choice.

In the vast majority of cases people who are alone or without a partner have chosen this as a way of life, whether they want to see that or not.
LM, one of the best things I ever picked up in college was a professor who taught a Business Class. It was that most people think that when it comes to decisions there are 2 answers - Yes or No.

He taught there are actually 3 options people have and the most used one is to do nothing or no response at all. It really is an option.

I believe that's in line with what you are saying.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,856,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LM, one of the best things I ever picked up in college was a professor who taught a Business Class. It was that most people think that when it comes to decisions there are 2 answers - Yes or No.

He taught there are actually 3 options people have and the most used one is to do nothing or no response at all. It really is an option.

I believe that's in line with what you are saying.
Thank you Rakin Some people on this thread would be much better off in life if they learned this lesson (that not doing something is also a choice they are making) which is why I brought it up. Some here would rather not know the truth though.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Some here would rather not know the truth though.
Oh, I for one understand I do nothing.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,856,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I for one understand I do nothing.

LOL, but at least you get that you are CHOOSING to do nothing (and I'm sure you have very good reasons for this actually)

Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,487,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
S4, I keep offering to be your token All American tall white guy you can introduce to all the lousy nosy relatives at family events (and take care of your pool) but nooooooo.
Lol...I already have a pool boy. And my relatives know everything.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 AM

128 posts, read 208,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
why do so many just give up? I must confess I don't get it
Fear of rejection no doubt plays a large part. I have to constantly remind myself it's a numbers game. I'm only looking for one person. So the more people I meet the greater my chances are to find that one person. It's not fun though. (Well sometimes it is) I think men have so many more choices than we women.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,682,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
I don't post very often in the Relationships section, but with my birthday coming up in a couple weeks, I do tend to wonder sometimes if its meant for me to be completely alone.

For the most part, I am quite shy and just don't do very well when it comes to meeting women. I've only had about 2-3 relationships in the last 10 years, but other than that, I have always remained single. Sometimes I have had friends ask me if I was dating and such, and each time I have responded to them that I pretty much put it on the back burner. There are many other things that I can do when it comes to tech stuff, computing and AV stuff but when it comes to the dating end of things, I simply fall short quite badly in that department. And its often quite difficult to find someone with somewhat similar interests when you don't go out very much which I don't.

So I guess I would be considered a homebody. Not sure if its a good or bad thing but, I often sometimes wonder if I will be single the rest of my days too. To me I feel that love or relationships are reserved for the few, the lucky and certain people. I am almost to my mid-30's and many people will say that 'aww you're just a pup' but c'mon.....they don't realize how fast time goes when you get older.

I am not sure if I will ever have the chance of a meaningful relationship....I just figure if its meant to be that would be great; if not, then I would be prepared to accept that too. It really sucks being alone sometimes but I know it can take a ton of work to be with someone. So who knows.
Have you considered renting some quality time with chicks for that purpose? You could even develop a form of friendship to explore that issue and ask her to help you work on your rap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships