Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:44 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,924 times

Advertisements

Im dating this girl and had really high hopes for the relationship in the beginning...i treat this girl like a queen...do a ton for her...and she admits her faults...she has actually been trying to do better, but yesterday it went bad again supposedly because she started a liquid diet for a surgery...none the less...she called and left a long message that she NEEDED me to be somewhere, i called back and asked what time she needed me...she got upset that i didnt remember what time, and said she doesnt think i listen to her all the time...i got upset because i couldnt believe she could get upset at something so petty, i just do so much for her and sometimes feel un appreciated...none the less she apologized. The thing is she realizes her faults, and will apologize, but i just honestly dont know what i think.

How do you know when its time to end something?

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 07:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Easy.....When you start feeling being taking advantage of, which you are.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Im dating this girl and had really high hopes for the relationship in the beginning...i treat this girl like a queen...do a ton for her...and she admits her faults...she has actually been trying to do better, but yesterday it went bad again supposedly because she started a liquid diet for a surgery...none the less...she called and left a long message that she NEEDED me to be somewhere, i called back and asked what time she needed me...she got upset that i didnt remember what time, and said she doesnt think i listen to her all the time...i got upset because i couldnt believe she could get upset at something so petty, i just do so much for her and sometimes feel un appreciated...none the less she apologized. The thing is she realizes her faults, and will apologize, but i just honestly dont know what i think.

Thanks a lot.
why do you treat her like a queen i always treat people the way I want to be treated no more no less it sounds like she is taking advatage of your kindness

Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,924 times
even if sometimes she says you are so good to me...and that she is sorry if she doesnt act like it all the time...etc...i think she means well and cares about me but just has some issues.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
If someone tells you that they are sorry, for the way they have behaved, usually, you can tell if they mean it, or just blowing smoke.
You will know, when its time. Just convince yourself, and you will be fine.
Her issues? Well, that should have nothing to do with you. Something that she needs to work on.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:

Thanks a lot.
When you make threads like this.....She's playing you like a clown, get rid of her and find someone that will reciprocate your goodness.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Quote:
I'd say you know right now. Deep down in your gut, you know...or you wouldn't be here posting about it.

Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Quote:
even if sometimes she says you are so good to me...and that she is sorry if she doesnt act like it all the time...etc...i think she means well and cares about me but just has some issues.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Love is important, obviously. But so is compatibility. And it reads to me as if her behavior isn't compatible with what you need out of a relationship. A person -- like this girl -- can still be a basically good person and not be a good fit. I know people say that relationships are work, and they are...to an extent. But you shouldn't have to constantly bend over backwards to accommodate another person, or be made to feel as if you are somehow deficient because you're not measuring up to whatever standards she has set.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Someone said this already, but I'll repeat. If you have to post a question like this, chances are better than average that you need to think about calling it quits.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:

Thanks a lot.
Step #1: Stop treating the girls like "queens." It just sets you up to be walked all over.

Step #2: Give this woman an ultimatum to quit playing these high school mind games and act like a big girl.

Step #3: Leave if she doesn't get her act together. You could also do this if you just don't feel like putting up with her anymore.

Again, ladies and gentlemen, this is not rocket science. People will treat you the way you demand to be treated. She's not going to be stop this if you let her throw these tantrums and then coddle her the second she apologizes. Be a man, and let her know you're not going to tolerate this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships