Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,589,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The only thing I find wrong with this post is the fact that you said the F word towards your husband. Now, I think it's fine to curse at your spouse at times, I mean I know I will probably deserve it at times, but never the F word. I find that to be one of the most disrespectful words you could ever use at someone.

And yes I would let you know immediately about that. Not physically, but there would be an argumentative tone. The washing of the clothes not so much, I don't expect my spouse to do my laundry.
Are you molting...the inner soft one is surfacing.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,189,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
.......so i was washing dishes for a while when he came downstairs and said i need these shirts for work tomorrow - he had done his laundry for years before we got married so i replied your f-ing arms are not broken
Well, this makes the point of why so many American men prefer women from other countries. Not the refusal to do laundry, but the abrasive, unfeminine attitude and complete disrespect.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:18 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,231,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Well, this makes the point of why so many American men prefer women from other countries. Not the refusal to do laundry, but the abrasive and total disrespect.
Right, because she speaks like that to her husband we all do.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
One thing I don't understand about most American women( in general) is this obsession with getting married and having kids, where does this come from? For me, it is a huge turn-off!!

In most other developed societies, people live together for years, unmarried , no children and they are perfectly fine with it.

One problem with our society is this puritanism, false moralism, sexual repression and how much religion still influences people's ideas and behavior.

I hate religion with a passion, so, I find it really hard to relate to the way the average American woman thinks, marriage and kids? NO THANKS!
It's not like that in the coastal cities and states of the US. California, Portland, Seattle, NYC, etc are just like what you've experienced in Europe. Little interest in long term relationships. I think it may be a big city vs small town thing all around the world.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Right, because she speaks like that to her husband we all do.
No, it's a very "broad" generalization, so to speak .... heh .......... but to have any discussion at all we need to generalize.

I haven't even had any relationships where the woman was mannish, not even the ex (except in the final few brief fights). But as a writer I've been a close observer of many relationships in friends and relatives and just people passing by, and particularly notice the difference in women from when I was young to the current time.

It's not ALL bad, looking back it was ridiculous to deny women a chance at many traditionally male careers IF that's what they truly wanted (now they feel pressured to get such jobs even if they'd rather stay at home and raise kids). But generally speaking, in a few short decades women became increasingly mannish (in a very general sense with many, many exceptions). It became socially acceptable to be dominant, rude, sour, dykey (in the literal as well as figurative sense), etc. and to consider relationships as disposable. "You go, girl!"

Just to say though, lots of guys do like such feisty women, girls they can scrap with a bit. I don't, just my personal preference, and I guess I must have that in common with the guys who look overseas or south of the border for mates.

I've observed women from other countries in relationships with American men. I'd say that - again on average - they definitely act more feminine. In California there are plenty of opportunities to watch Mexican women, and it's plain to see how the first generation ones are much sweeter than the second generation or Chicano women. In my family, we used to get visits from relatives in Switzerland, and they were similarly sweeter than American women - and more than once I would hear them talking about their puzzlement at American behavior. "We Swiss women like serving our men!" I overheard once - I think that was in reference to serving meals or handing them a bottle of beer, not that they were completely slavish.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,867,599 times
Originally Posted by ChessieMom
All over TV, where exactly?

As far as women initiating divorce, it's simply because men are much more content to stay in a marriage where the connection is gone, be it due to abuse, adultery, or addiction. It use to be that women had to stay and tolerate abuse or whatever...that is no longer true today. Quite simply, if you leave the filing up to a man, it will never get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Marriages also benefit men greatly - they live much longer as a result.
No man takes divorce lightly, unless he is very wealthy and has his assets well hidden. They fear the financial s**t kicking that they will get in a divorce. None worry about the "living longer" if they stay married. Besides it only seems longer!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
That goes for the entire Scandinavian area. Only problem is they're so liberated and into feminism that mothers dress their sons in pink clothes and dresses. No, I'm not making that up either.
Pink was also for boys here, not too long ago.

It's only a color and what is considered normal will change.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,023,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

No man takes divorce lightly, unless he is very wealthy and has his assets well hidden. They fear the financial s**t kicking that they will get in a divorce. None worry about the "living longer" if they stay married. Besides it only seems longer!
This I don't understand. Are all you guys dating uneducated, ****-poor women or something?

So many guys seem to complain that women have too many requirements, but obviously they should get some of their own, and then they won't end up being taken to cleaners.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,217,798 times
I didn't read through this entire thread - I don't have time anymore! But I will say this - I think all these divorce rate things are crap. They all say something different. Who cares? The best way to avoid divorce is to make sure you are marrying the right person for the right reasons. I'm not saying this is going to guarantee a successful marriage - but it will definitely help. The thing is - there are no guarantees in life about anything - except that we are all going to die someday. Be smart - but living in constant fear or being so paranoid about something that you look for excuses to avoid it is no way to live.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
If you believe that American women are so awful then what does that say about American men?
Most oppressed in the western world. Women everywhere know that they have had any vestige of chauvinism beaten out of them. Women elsewhere really appreciate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships