Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Well, I was the first to dare to peek at this thread and wasn't going to respond but what the hay.

Yes, I do think you might meet someone be it male or female to share a place with you for companion purposes without sex. There are lots of people, I'm sure, out there that would like the same thing as you. There are some people that have slight autism and would be a good companion for you.

What you need to do is write a list of what you want in a live-in friendship and see if there is a asexual forum and see what happens.
But that's the thing...I'm not asexual. I'm celibate. And there's a difference. I don't necessarily want a live-in friendship either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
If there is no sex, and no marriage what are you offering other than friendship?
A sexless relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
But you've been saying that you don't want to be in a relationship. Are we going around in circles with this?
I don't want a relationship right now. But that doesn't mean I have nothing to offer.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:27 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
Okay City, maybe you just have a very narrow view of relationships.

Not everyone has sex on the first date, in the first week of getting to know one another or even in the first few months and possibly years.

I admit when I was young and stupid I gave it up too easily to some, but at this point in my I would not be having sex so quickly with someone else (if I were single).

You can work at your own pace...if the other person isn't receptive to that then they aren't a match for you.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,575,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I don't want a relationship right now. But that doesn't mean I have nothing to offer.
True. So stop feeling bummed out about it.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:29 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,861,511 times
Face it city. You have very little to offer anyone. With your attitude and mentality it wont get you far.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Oh, wait. I don't get it...you want a romantic relationship without the sex. Do you want to kiss and cuddle that person or no?
By romantic, I meant boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Okay, so you want a romantic relationship but you don't want to have sex?

Do you not want any sexual relations at all, no kissing, petting, oral? Are you just wanting to avoid penetration?

Perhaps you can't see yourself having sex because you haven't found someone worthy of having sex with? When you have an emotional bond with someone sex is very natural but if you've never experienced being intimately close with someone I can see how maybe you couldn't imagine having sex with a person.

I guess I don't understand how you could have a romatic relationship without at least some of those things.
I'm willing to do other sexual stuff, just not actual sex. In order to keep it PG-13, let's just leave it at that.

And I'm afraid of sex. Emotional bonds are irrelevant. Certain people give me sexual thoughts, but I'm afraid to actually have sex with them.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,923,089 times
*pulls up a chair*

*eating popcorn*

Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, in the two or three weeks I've been hanging out on this side, I've already had to tilt my head a few times, scratch and look around for hidden cameras. LOL!

That's a good point. Hey OP, are you talking about a long-term, committed relationship with no sex and no marriage, or are you just talking about a long-term friendship where both parties are free to see other people?

I could definitely do the latter. There's no way I'd do the former. I'm celibate, but heck if I plan on dying celibate.
I'm talking about the former.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It probably doesn't. But in time the people involved will either want to move things forward or break up. Are you suggesting that you want a series of short, sexless relationships followed by angry breakups?
If someone would angrily break up with me for not having sex or marrying, they're not worth my time.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,923,089 times
Most people who are in love will want to have sex with you eventually. The best sex is the type that has to do with love, and many people may not be able to get passed never being able to make love with you or whomever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships