Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:50 PM

4 posts, read 3,159 times

Advertisements

Sorry to ask this, but apparently I am unable to tell those who want to be friends with those who want more so I figure I would just ask.

So for the past few months I have been getting lunch at the same place nearly every work day. One of the cashiers there I think may have some kind of interested in me based on mildly escalating interactions... that or she is just being friendly.

At first she would just get awkward/clumsy when dealing with me, she would say hi and give me a smile even if I was not in her line, and would would take notice on days I had to dress up. I know cashiers are suppose to be nice an social so I didn’t think anything of it.

However I noticed some more stuff when I started to make small talk with her… she laughs with a huge smile at my lame jokes.. I even once caused her to go on a rant about something which ended with her getting flustered and her apologizing for how weird she was. Then there was a few times when I would get on the closet empty line to order and she would start typing my order and call me over. I have not seen her do anything similar with other customers and even noticed that she would smile at me and not other customers.

It got more interesting the other day when I went in there and the store was empty. I ended up ordering from a different cashier but as I waited for my order she walked over to where I was and started several conversations with me. Asking where I lived, where I worked, what I did for a living, where I was going this weekend and drilled down into asking questions about my weekend plans… when one topic ended she would pause for a moment and try to start up the next. She even fist bumped me because we found out we live close to each other and take the same way home.

Is this person just social? or could she actually be interested in me?

Im am not seeking a relationship or actively dating, however based on the interaction I have with her she has a very unique personality which I find highly enjoyable, and would like to get to know her better. Though if she is not interested I do not want to create an awkward situation for her.

Thanks you for your insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 10:13 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
I would say ask her for a coffee or ask her if she can sit down for a few minutes the next time she starts a conversation with you.
If she says no then continue on about your life like it never happened. No reason for anything to be awkward.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:32 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,553,770 times
It was great to read that...she sounds totally interested, I'd at least ask to take her for coffee. At the very least, get her Facebook--I'm sure that would make her day.

Good luck, sounds like a winner.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:34 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,852,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion83 View Post
Sorry to ask this, but apparently I am unable to tell those who want to be friends with those who want more so I figure I would just ask.

So for the past few months I have been getting lunch at the same place nearly every work day. One of the cashiers there I think may have some kind of interested in me based on mildly escalating interactions... that or she is just being friendly.

At first she would just get awkward/clumsy when dealing with me, she would say hi and give me a smile even if I was not in her line, and would would take notice on days I had to dress up. I know cashiers are suppose to be nice an social so I didn’t think anything of it.

However I noticed some more stuff when I started to make small talk with her… she laughs with a huge smile at my lame jokes.. I even once caused her to go on a rant about something which ended with her getting flustered and her apologizing for how weird she was. Then there was a few times when I would get on the closet empty line to order and she would start typing my order and call me over. I have not seen her do anything similar with other customers and even noticed that she would smile at me and not other customers.

It got more interesting the other day when I went in there and the store was empty. I ended up ordering from a different cashier but as I waited for my order she walked over to where I was and started several conversations with me. Asking where I lived, where I worked, what I did for a living, where I was going this weekend and drilled down into asking questions about my weekend plans… when one topic ended she would pause for a moment and try to start up the next. She even fist bumped me because we found out we live close to each other and take the same way home.

Is this person just social? or could she actually be interested in me?

Im am not seeking a relationship or actively dating, however based on the interaction I have with her she has a very unique personality which I find highly enjoyable, and would like to get to know her better. Though if she is not interested I do not want to create an awkward situation for her.

Thanks you for your insight.
Just ask .

Old 04-18-2015, 01:26 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,415,749 times
yes, she likes you

women dont waste time talking to you, especially asking personal questions if they arent interested

she probably done googled you already

Old 04-18-2015, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 3,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Just ask .
I normally would never approach someone like a cashier (has to deal with me and cant escape) unless I was absolutely sure it would not be an issue.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:35 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,156,801 times
Go for it, you have our blessing.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:51 PM

96 posts, read 75,119 times
Have you ever been tested for autism? I hear that one of the first signs is not being able to pick up on social cues.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:45 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,537,784 times
Good grief! Just ask, JUST ASK!!!!!

Old 04-18-2015, 07:22 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPlaya View Post
Have you ever been tested for autism? I hear that one of the first signs is not being able to pick up on social cues.
His problem isn't that he's not picking up on the cues. He's picking up, all right. It's that he's not sure is it all means what he thinks it means, and whether he should do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships