Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,482,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I defy a stereotype by merely existing and going about my business.

I'm a ginger and I *do* have a soul, thank you very much.
You know I didn't know what a ginger was when my daughter was talking one day recently about a ginger she knew. I had to ask her what a ginger was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,466,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Thought you were from Maine since it says the land of blueberries and lobsters not Canada.
Nova Scotia is the capital of blueberries and lobsters!!! (or it's a perennial competition).

Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,466,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I defy a stereotype by merely existing and going about my business.

I'm a ginger and I *do* have a soul, thank you very much.
gawd, that urban dictionary is too much!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,482,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Nova Scotia is the capital of blueberries and lobsters!!! (or it's a perennial competition).
Hey, I learnt something today. Didn't know that about Nova Scotia. Don't know much about Nova Scotia other then I think some of my relatives on my fathers side came from there and then down to Quebec, Canada.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,177,557 times
I live in Nor Cal and no, I don't smoke pot.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,706,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Great thread! Just because I'm a young black dude doesn't mean that I can't be interested in stuff like politics, economics, and world history. While I like hip-hop music, I am also really heavy into indie and alternative/soft rock. Also, don't assume that b/c I'm black, 6ft tall, and have large hands and feet, that I'm hung like a horse...

But if you want to believe stereotypes, believe all of 'em...............

Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,601,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Great thread! Just because I'm a young black dude doesn't mean that I can't be interested in stuff like politics, economics, and world history. While I like hip-hop music, I am also really heavy into indie and alternative/soft rock. Also, don't assume that b/c I'm black, 6ft tall, and have large hands and feet, that I'm hung like a horse...
I listen to hip-hop sometimes, but not most of the time. Some people claim, "I act white".

Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 PM

Hmmm. Everyone can tell I'm black, but only some can tell I'm Hispanic/Latino. Lots of fun when, for instance, Mexicans speak freely in Spanish in front of me, assuming that I can't understand what they're saying.

I'm 300 lbs, but can run up five flights of stairs without stopping.

I am also the world's worst basketball player (black man's division), but great at soccer.

I DO love to eat, and it shows, but most people do not know that I know a lot about Asian, Middle Eastern, Central Asian and European (German, Portuguese, Hungarian, Italian) cuisines as opposed to just soul food and arroz con pollo.

I look big and stupid, but I speak four languages and graduated from one of the top universities on Earth.

I have never tasted beer, smoked anything or tried drugs.

I have a teddy bear physique, a harmless demeanor and a friendly face, but if you insult me it will be better had you not been born.

Last edited by Lucario; 03-22-2011 at 09:46 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I like this thread!!!

Okay, I will define the stereotype of the Russian woman:

1)I love making my own money. I'm as far from a gold-digger as you can get and no, I didn't marry my husband for a green card. I already had one when I met him.

2) I don't ever wear fur.

3)Although I enjoy cooking for my husband, I could never be a content full-time homemaker.

4)I'm not blond, don't smoke and age fabulously.

Yes you do, dear.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,110,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
...can run up five flights of stairs without stopping.
So, in theory, if I **** you off, I should run up six flights of stairs?

Duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships