Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 PM

420 posts, read 877,740 times

Advertisements

More than twice, I must admit, that I have involved myself with women who have grown kids still living at home, most times, barely employed. And usually one of them wants to control mom's love life, while neglecting to pursue any kind of life of their own.

But what really blows me away is how mom, my prospective girlfriend, always denies whats in front of her face, allowing this, making these overgorown brats feel that they should be able to boss me around as well! Oh I believe in fmaily love too. But shouldnt there be a line drawn about this at some point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Yes. A line must be drawn. But the mom must be the one to draw it. It's up to you decide if you like where she drew the line or not. Where she draws the line will tell you just where you are in the pecking order.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:14 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
So why are you attracted to women of this nature?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 AM

10 posts, read 17,449 times
It is not just women like this, men also.
I went on a date with a guy last year and I was totally set up. We went out for dinner, to a place that he wanted to go and his daughter and her boyfriend were already there. He insisted on sitting with them, and come to find out that the daughter did not work and she was still living at home. She was 28. Of course the conversation revolved around his daughter, and she basically ignored me even though I tried to talk to her and make the best of the evening. Believe it or not he called me a couple of days later. And I let voice mail pick up. His message was to ask me to come to his house and cook for his daughters birthday party.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo View Post
I went on a date with a guy last year and I was totally set up. We went out for dinner, to a place that he wanted to go and his daughter and her boyfriend were already there. He insisted on sitting with them, and come to find out that the daughter did not work and she was still living at home. She was 28. Of course the conversation revolved around his daughter, and she basically ignored me even though I tried to talk to her and make the best of the evening. Believe it or not he called me a couple of days later. And I let voice mail pick up. His message was to ask me to come to his house and cook for his daughters birthday party.
Wow! While I dont profess to be the most romantic guy in the world, [actually I'm clueless at times as to what women want] even I could have done a better job on a 1st date than this guy!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
So why are you attracted to women of this nature?
I dont think I said anywhere that I still am.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
More than twice, I must admit, that I have involved myself with women who have grown kids still living at home, most times, barely employed. And usually one of them wants to control mom's love life, while neglecting to pursue any kind of life of their own.

But what really blows me away is how mom, my prospective girlfriend, always denies whats in front of her face, allowing this, making these overgorown brats feel that they should be able to boss me around as well! Oh I believe in fmaily love too. But shouldnt there be a line drawn about this at some point?
Yes, there should be a line. Everybody draws a line and in her case your prospective friend has done that. It is not the line you believe should be. That really is what it is.

Our line was different because our kids would not play that type of game. Our first daughter wanted to do things her way so when she was 19 left. She held it against us for a while that we did not support her and blamed us for her perils after she left. Now, at 36 she made a comment to my wife over the phone about a couple friends of her that allow their kids to do whatever they want.
She said she told the wife "When I was 19 I left because I wanted to live life on my own terms and paid the price. My parents held firm and now I realize they were right." take care.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 AM

10 posts, read 17,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Wow! While I dont profess to be the most romantic guy in the world, [actually I'm clueless at times as to what women want] even I could have done a better job on a 1st date than this guy!
I saw him a few months later at the store and avoided him like the plaque.
I really could not believe that he wanted me to cook for his daughters party with the way she dissed me at the restaurant. But yet I would love to just meet a normal guy in this small town! LOL

Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I saw him a few months later at the store and avoided him like the plaque.
I really could not believe that he wanted me to cook for his daughters party with the way she dissed me at the restaurant. But yet I would love to just meet a normal guy in this small town! LOL
Whats wrong sweetie? Sulphur Springs not a hot bed of action????

Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I went on a date with a guy last year and I was totally set up. We went out for dinner, to a place that he wanted to go and his daughter and her boyfriend were already there. He insisted on sitting with them, and the conversation revolved around his daughter, and she basically ignored me.
Maybe some men are guilty. However, Ive not came across many.
But your version sounds a bit different, whereas that was one date, where dad was just glad to see his daughter out somewhere.
Were you in a relationship with dad? And it also doesnt sound as if besides that one occasion, the daughter was being invited to involve herself in your daily lives. Or was she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships